HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #3076

if everyone is sure of MCC, there will no more bonus categories.

Those who don't spend on bonus categories allow the banks to offer bonus.

Banks are not stupid.....

MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software (10X)
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores (10X)
MCC 5734 Computer Software Stores (1X)

And, of course it's possible to buy a computer from any of these MCCs.

Banks make much more from late fees, interest, merchant fees, annual fees and other sundry fees than they could ever lose by offering transparency on the MCC lottery. The rewards are meant to be an incentive for customers to spend, not a way to piss off customers.

Customers who are not stupid should just ditch banks who are not stupid.
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #3077

MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software (10X)
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores (10X)
MCC 5734 Computer Software Stores (1X)

And, of course it's possible to buy a computer from any of these MCCs.

Banks make much more from late fees, interest, merchant fees, annual fees and other sundry fees than they could ever lose by offering transparency on the MCC lottery. The rewards are meant to be an incentive for customers to spend, not a way to piss off customers.

Customers who are not stupid should just ditch banks who are not stupid.
Go ahead and ditch all the banks.
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #3078
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Recently applied the "Pink" Titanium Rewards card and purchased a PC online from VSTECS.
Surprisingly I didn't earn the 9 x bonus points and being advised that the MCC code is 5734 for the merchant.
Very disappointed and upset due no one will know the merchant code in advance. Consumer will simply based on the "nature of business" to decide which card to charge.

Regret that I should use the DBS wowan's world card to charge but think to support the new "pink" card, sigh!

Honestly, I really don't think bonus rewards should based on MCC codes.
Even the merchants don't know their MCC codes as well.
And to end users, we are in the lucky draw game.
Hi there,

We are sorry to learn that your transaction was not eligible.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Menís and Boysí Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Womenís Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Womenís Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Childrenís and Infantsí Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Menís and Womenís Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

On top of that, transactions made with the following of eligible merchants (or as stated on the OCBC Titanium Rewards Website from time to time) will earn Bonus OCBC$:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

A merchant category code (MCC) is a four digit number assigned by payment card organisations (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express), which OCBC Bank has no discretion over.

Please note that the merchant's registered MCC may not always correspond with its nature of business. For example, a retail store can be registered as a Duty Free Store (MCC 5309) and Financial Institution (MCC 6012) even though it sells a variety of retail products, including electronics and gadgets and personal care.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 05:50 PM   #3079

Wht card good for earning bonus 10x point for MCC 5094

Posted from PCWX using SM-A805F
Chiral.Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:05 AM   #3080

Wht card good for earning bonus 10x point for MCC 5094

Posted from PCWX using SM-A805F
Hi there,

Bonus OCBC$ will be given for merchants whose MCC falls under the following:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Menís and Boysí Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Womenís Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Womenís Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Childrenís and Infantsí Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Menís and Womenís Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

MCC 5094 will not be eligible for bonus OCBC$, but you will still be able to earn the base OCBC$ (i.e. the 5 OCBC$ per S$5 spend), as the MCC is not in the exclusion list (3i of https://www.ocbc.com/iwov-resources/...ef-1sept20.pdf) for earning OCBC$.

^DG

Old 06-11-2020, 12:38 AM   #3081

Hi OCBC, would you be able to advise on the mcc for Dyson.com.Sg? As well as the following overseas merchant: saddlebackleather.com

Am intending to use the titanium card for purchase and was wondering if they qualify for 4mpd. Thanks in advance.
toffee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #3082

Hi OCBC, would you be able to advise on the mcc for Dyson.com.Sg? As well as the following overseas merchant: saddlebackleather.com

Am intending to use the titanium card for purchase and was wondering if they qualify for 4mpd. Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

The MCC is determined by the card associations (MasterCard / Visa), and is not within OCBC's control. We do not have visibility of the MCC of a merchant until a transaction is made.

If you have made the transaction, and would like to check on it, do give us a call at 1800 363 3333.

^DG

Old 25-11-2020, 10:54 PM   #3083
Supremacy Member

Halo ocbc

Wan to ask the point will reset every year of the card membership right?

Meaning if my card is 12/21 it will reset on dec and i can start earning reward points right?

Tks
djr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #3084

Halo ocbc

Wan to ask the point will reset every year of the card membership right?

Meaning if my card is 12/21 it will reset on dec and i can start earning reward points right?

Tks

Hi there,

This is dependent on when your card was first issued.

The refresh will be done on the first day of the month, a year after the card was first issued.

For eg.

If your card's opening date is in December 2019
The OCBC$ count will be reset on 1 December 2020.

If you have replaced your card before, you should not rely on the expiry date on your current card to deduce this. It would be advisable for you to speak with our service executive so that they can check on your card account, and accurately advise.

Let us know via PM if you would like us to call.

^DG

Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM   #3085

Hi OCBC

Do purchases at the Apple Store Australia qualify for the 20X OCBC$ campaign or is it limited to the Singapore Apple Store?

Thanks.
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #3086

Hi OCBC

Do purchases at the Apple Store Australia qualify for the 20X OCBC$ campaign or is it limited to the Singapore Apple Store?

Thanks.
Hi there,

Transactions made at www.apple.com and Apple stores will be eligible for the promotion.

Please note that retail purchases charged to your registered OCBC Titanium Rewards Card but which have yet to be posted to the Card Account during Promotion Period will not be taken into account in the computation of OCBC$ to be awarded. Transaction date and posting date may differ.

^DG

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #3087

Hi vicyeo111,

We apologise for the delay, but we are still checking on Club 21.

These brands will be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

If a purchase is made and the bonus OCBC$ was not awarded, just drop us a private message here, and we will help you sort it out.

Michael Kors
Coach
Bottega Veneta
Long Champ
Hermes
Valentino
Christian Dior
Chanel
Kate Spade
Celine
Louis Vuitton
Balenciaga

Should there be other brands that you are interested in making a purchase with, but is not mentioned above. Do let us know so that we can check on it.

^DG
Hi DG,
I recently made an online purchase for Christian Dior on Christian Diorís staff purchase website after seeing this thread. After I charge about $1000 only been told by your colleague that that is not eligible Because the staff purchase website coded differently from their usual MCC, I tried to send secured msg to dispute on this but failed. Had I known that I would have used Hsbc revolution card, Uob preferred platinum card, DBS woman world master card, grabpay master card or any general spending cards that at least give 1.2 to 4 miles per dollar spent. Itís approaching festive season and I thought I can spread my spending across all the above cards I have n I think u prefer me to use other banksí cards than urs.
Desires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #3088

Hello! May I confirm that purchases at Dell Online store will be eligible for 10X OCBC$?

Thanks!
filmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.