www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Credit Cards & Line of Credit facilities (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/)
-   -   OCBC Titanium Mastercard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/ocbc-titanium-mastercard-3616565.html)

swordspirit 06-06-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfoot (Post 108458592)
Why is OCBC making us guess? Should not it be transparent and straightforward? Is this how one of the best bank in the world rewards its customer? Frankly speaking, there are other cards that offer similar rewards (if not better) as well. For example, for courts, I can get 10x using Citibank Rewards by ordering online. At least I know I don't have to guess for Citibank.

which category are you relying on at the first place? For Citi, while it may award, it does not mean that it is correctly awarded in accordance to tnc

bigfoot 06-06-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordspirit (Post 108459171)
which category are you relying on at the first place? For Citi, while it may award, it does not mean that it is correctly awarded in accordance to tnc

Electronic.

leogeo 07-06-2017 08:41 PM

Similar to him, I have txns on 30 Apr that are eligible for 9x points but I don't see the adjustments made in my May statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBC Bank (Post 108320366)
Hi zercab,

The 9X rewards will be credited at the end of the next calendar month, following the relevant transaction posted date.

^DG


leogeo 07-06-2017 08:47 PM

OCBC, I quote from your overseas 5x bonus TnC

"Please note that the merchant’s registered MCC may not always correspond with its nature of business. For example, Amazon is registered as a bookstore (MCC 5942) even though it sells a variety of other retail products, including electronics and gadgets and personal care."

Given that you are able to tell customers the MCC for Amazon upfront, it would be much appreciated if you could provide a list of common retailers in SG that would be eligible to earn 9x OCBC$.

We do not want to learn the hard way like what other users did and find out that a particular merchant e.g. Courts is not registered under "Electronics" merchant.

Thank you.

sgdividends 08-06-2017 06:24 AM

Hi ocbc

Regarding DCC

If I'm overseas and I have finished my meal and merchant didn't give me an option to choose my home currency or local currency. So basically I'm forced against my will to pay by my home currency and therefore end up paying more. I put DCC rejected clearly on the receipt , maybe take a photo too.

Will u be able to refund the amount overcharged when I dispute when I get back? Probably by a charge back??

swordspirit 08-06-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdividends (Post 108496111)
Hi ocbc

Regarding DCC

If I'm overseas and I have finished my meal and merchant didn't give me an option to choose my home currency or local currency. So basically I'm forced against my will to pay by my home currency and therefore end up paying more. I put DCC rejected clearly on the receipt , maybe take a photo too.

Will u be able to refund the amount overcharged when I dispute when I get back? Probably by a charge back??

From mastercard:

Cardholder right of dispute
If a Cardholder complains that he/she was not given a choice in a DCC
transaction, the Issuer has a chargeback right against the Acquirer. For
further details on this, please refer to the Point-of-Interaction Error section
in the Dual Message System Chargebacks chapter of the Chargeback
Guide. Download the latest version of the Chargeback Guide.

From Visa:

https://chargebacks911.com/knowledge...eason-code-76/

So just charge back, let the merchant regret

OCBC Bank 09-06-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdividends (Post 108496111)
Hi ocbc

Regarding DCC

If I'm overseas and I have finished my meal and merchant didn't give me an option to choose my home currency or local currency. So basically I'm forced against my will to pay by my home currency and therefore end up paying more. I put DCC rejected clearly on the receipt , maybe take a photo too.

Will u be able to refund the amount overcharged when I dispute when I get back? Probably by a charge back??

Hi sgdividends,

We have also replied to your post in another thread.

If you would like for us to further advise, do PM us your system-registered contact number, so that we may call to advise.

^WX

OCBC Bank 09-06-2017 12:58 PM

Hi all,

Thank you for your concerns and interest.

We are happy to share that we are working on a list of top merchants that qualify for 10x rebates. We’ll keep you posted on the release date.

In the meantime, we will award your Courts purchases with 10x OCBC$ exceptionally on a case-by-case basis.

Please leave us a private message with your contact details, and we’ll be in touch with you to assist with your request.

^DG

sevensomerset 09-06-2017 04:45 PM

walao, ocbc dun waive late charge?
not even 1 waiver per year?!
what the heck man?!

vince123123 12-06-2017 05:55 PM

Nice to see that OCBC is improving.

lavenderblues 13-06-2017 12:41 AM

OCBC, they are NOT improving. For my latest transactions, I didn't get the additional 9X too. I used ALL my payment on Samsung Pay, so by right, it should be awarded accordingly but there still a SHORTFALL! Customer service can call me back and tell me after checking with the relevant departments for weeks, saying that we already credited correctly and I exceed for the other card when I made a total of 12k for that card, which is the max points. :mad::mad::mad:

vince123123 13-06-2017 08:09 AM

Are you saying OCBC is wrong for enforcing its max cap of $12k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 108585312)
OCBC, they are NOT improving. For my latest transactions, I didn't get the additional 9X too. I used ALL my payment on Samsung Pay, so by right, it should be awarded accordingly but there still a SHORTFALL! Customer service can call me back and tell me after checking with the relevant departments for weeks, saying that we already credited correctly and I exceed for the other card when I made a total of 12k for that card, which is the max points. :mad::mad::mad:


Trazora 13-06-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 108585312)
OCBC, they are NOT improving. For my latest transactions, I didn't get the additional 9X too. I used ALL my payment on Samsung Pay, so by right, it should be awarded accordingly but there still a SHORTFALL! Customer service can call me back and tell me after checking with the relevant departments for weeks, saying that we already credited correctly and I exceed for the other card when I made a total of 12k for that card, which is the max points. :mad::mad::mad:

Which other card you referring to?

elnewbie 13-06-2017 09:08 AM

It's 12k per Titanium Rewards card. I also have the same problem. I maxed out the first TR card. Now using the 2nd card and am not getting any points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vince123123 (Post 108586798)
Are you saying OCBC is wrong for enforcing its max cap of $12k?


lavenderblues 15-06-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vince123123 (Post 108586798)
Are you saying OCBC is wrong for enforcing its max cap of $12k?

If you read properly, I have TWO cards. I've spent the cap of 12k for the first card, so I should be awarded max points right? But I'm not. I have already started using the 2nd card when I know I hit 12k.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.