HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Like Tree181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #316
Supremacy Member

Why is OCBC making us guess? Should not it be transparent and straightforward? Is this how one of the best bank in the world rewards its customer? Frankly speaking, there are other cards that offer similar rewards (if not better) as well. For example, for courts, I can get 10x using Citibank Rewards by ordering online. At least I know I don't have to guess for Citibank.
which category are you relying on at the first place? For Citi, while it may award, it does not mean that it is correctly awarded in accordance to tnc
~Dragonite~ likes this.
swordspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #317
Master Member

which category are you relying on at the first place? For Citi, while it may award, it does not mean that it is correctly awarded in accordance to tnc
Electronic.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #318
Master Member

Similar to him, I have txns on 30 Apr that are eligible for 9x points but I don't see the adjustments made in my May statement.

Hi zercab,

The 9X rewards will be credited at the end of the next calendar month, following the relevant transaction posted date.

^DG
~Dragonite~ likes this.
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #319
Master Member

OCBC, I quote from your overseas 5x bonus TnC

"Please note that the merchant’s registered MCC may not always correspond with its nature of business. For example, Amazon is registered as a bookstore (MCC 5942) even though it sells a variety of other retail products, including electronics and gadgets and personal care."

Given that you are able to tell customers the MCC for Amazon upfront, it would be much appreciated if you could provide a list of common retailers in SG that would be eligible to earn 9x OCBC$.

We do not want to learn the hard way like what other users did and find out that a particular merchant e.g. Courts is not registered under "Electronics" merchant.

Thank you.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:24 AM   #320

Hi ocbc

Regarding DCC

If I'm overseas and I have finished my meal and merchant didn't give me an option to choose my home currency or local currency. So basically I'm forced against my will to pay by my home currency and therefore end up paying more. I put DCC rejected clearly on the receipt , maybe take a photo too.

Will u be able to refund the amount overcharged when I dispute when I get back? Probably by a charge back??
~Dragonite~ likes this.
sgdividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #321
Supremacy Member

Hi ocbc

Regarding DCC

If I'm overseas and I have finished my meal and merchant didn't give me an option to choose my home currency or local currency. So basically I'm forced against my will to pay by my home currency and therefore end up paying more. I put DCC rejected clearly on the receipt , maybe take a photo too.

Will u be able to refund the amount overcharged when I dispute when I get back? Probably by a charge back??
From mastercard:

Cardholder right of dispute
If a Cardholder complains that he/she was not given a choice in a DCC
transaction, the Issuer has a chargeback right against the Acquirer. For
further details on this, please refer to the Point-of-Interaction Error section
in the Dual Message System Chargebacks chapter of the Chargeback
Guide. Download the latest version of the Chargeback Guide.

From Visa:

https://chargebacks911.com/knowledge...eason-code-76/

So just charge back, let the merchant regret
~Dragonite~ likes this.
swordspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #322
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi ocbc

Regarding DCC

Hi sgdividends,

We have also replied to your post in another thread.

If you would like for us to further advise, do PM us your system-registered contact number, so that we may call to advise.

^WX
~Dragonite~ likes this.

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #323
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi all,

Thank you for your concerns and interest.

We are happy to share that we are working on a list of top merchants that qualify for 10x rebates. We’ll keep you posted on the release date.

In the meantime, we will award your Courts purchases with 10x OCBC$ exceptionally on a case-by-case basis.

Please leave us a private message with your contact details, and we’ll be in touch with you to assist with your request.

^DG
leogeo and ~Dragonite~ like this.

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #324
Arch-Supremacy Member

walao, ocbc dun waive late charge?
not even 1 waiver per year?!
what the heck man?!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
sevensomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #325

Nice to see that OCBC is improving.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 12:41 AM   #326

Angry

OCBC, they are NOT improving. For my latest transactions, I didn't get the additional 9X too. I used ALL my payment on Samsung Pay, so by right, it should be awarded accordingly but there still a SHORTFALL! Customer service can call me back and tell me after checking with the relevant departments for weeks, saying that we already credited correctly and I exceed for the other card when I made a total of 12k for that card, which is the max points.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
lavenderblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #327

Are you saying OCBC is wrong for enforcing its max cap of $12k?

OCBC, they are NOT improving. For my latest transactions, I didn't get the additional 9X too. I used ALL my payment on Samsung Pay, so by right, it should be awarded accordingly but there still a SHORTFALL! Customer service can call me back and tell me after checking with the relevant departments for weeks, saying that we already credited correctly and I exceed for the other card when I made a total of 12k for that card, which is the max points.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #328
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which other card you referring to?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Trazora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 09:08 AM   #329

It's 12k per Titanium Rewards card. I also have the same problem. I maxed out the first TR card. Now using the 2nd card and am not getting any points.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
elnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #330

If you read properly, I have TWO cards. I've spent the cap of 12k for the first card, so I should be awarded max points right? But I'm not. I have already started using the 2nd card when I know I hit 12k.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
lavenderblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.