HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Voyage Card

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #466

Alas... I am not. I think unless it improves I will not go for a renewal.

jermss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #467

It is a bad bargain unless you are an Ocbc premier customer, for which there are additional perks.
Could you share what these additional benefits are?
lobbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #468
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is a bad bargain unless you are an Ocbc premier customer, for which there are additional perks.
eh, please sic the perks
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #469
Arch-Supremacy Member

Voyage redeems commercial tickets, which obviously has far more availability. On point worth, its really dependent on what you're looking for.
Thai_Rak_Thai likes this.

[IMG]http://openflights.org/banner/inix.png[/IMG]
Inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #470

One benefit was that the complimentary airport transfers are not subject to minimum spend.

eh, please sic the perks
elnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #471

Can someone share about the OCBC voyage concierge services ? Is it good? Worth it ?
Nightgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #472
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Can someone share about the OCBC voyage concierge services ? Is it good? Worth it ?
Hi Nightgyr,

You could find out more on what Voyage Exchange offers on our website at http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking...-card.html#voy.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #473

Yes but I would like to know more from personal feedback....
Nightgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #474

Hi,

Just browsed through this thread because I got charged the annual fee which they refused to waive...

I proceeded to cancel the card but guess what... The ocbc rep over the phone told me can cancel the card, but the annual fee must still pay!!!

After browsing through this thread I realised that several bros who wanted to cancel the card faced the same problem. Just like to check if you managed to get it solved?

Thanks a lot.

Edit:

Just like to clarify, I paid the annual fee for the first year. The annual fee ocbc insists I pay are for the second year (just billed in statement)

Last edited by coppee; 25-06-2016 at 07:08 PM..
coppee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #475

That shucks..... Most of the banks are actually quite ok with waiving annual fees.... Think just cancel and don use the bank again.
saggice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 01:36 AM   #476

That shucks..... Most of the banks are actually quite ok with waiving annual fees.... Think just cancel and don use the bank again.
Hi,

Just to clarify, the issue here is not with cancelling, it is having to pay the annual fee for the second year even if you cancel the card.
coppee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #477

Is that actually legal, charging for something you are not using? Is it in the T&Cs anywhere? My (possibly incorrect) assumption was that all cards do not charge annual fee if you choose to cancel instead of paying them.

Just like to clarify, I paid the annual fee for the first year. The annual fee ocbc insists I pay are for the second year (just billed in statement)
louist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #478
Master Member

Is that actually legal, charging for something you are not using? Is it in the T&Cs anywhere? My (possibly incorrect) assumption was that all cards do not charge annual fee if you choose to cancel instead of paying them.

5.3. OTHER CHARGES
In addition to the above, you shall also be responsible where applicable for the following charges (unless specifically waived by us) including but not limited to:
(a) non-refundable annual service fee for the issue and renewal of each Principal and Supplementary Card;
Old 26-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #479
Arch-Supremacy Member

5.3. OTHER CHARGES
In addition to the above, you shall also be responsible where applicable for the following charges (unless specifically waived by us) including but not limited to:
(a) non-refundable annual service fee for the issue and renewal of each Principal and Supplementary Card;
think the spirit of the above t&c is for those who used the card and then decide to cancel it say after a few weeks or months.

for those for decided to cancel the card when its due for renewal and the bank refused to waive the ANNUAL fee, its clearly gouging on the bank's part to insist that the customer pays the next year's annual fee even if he decided to cancel the card
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #480
Master Member

think the spirit of the above t&c is for those who used the card and then decide to cancel it say after a few weeks or months.

for those for decided to cancel the card when its due for renewal and the bank refused to waive the ANNUAL fee, its clearly gouging on the bank's part to insist that the customer pays the next year's annual fee even if he decided to cancel the card
From my understanding, even if we are not using the card for the current year and we have been charged an annual fee - we are liable and any waiveer refund or pro-rate refund is solely OCBC's discretion. This is my conversation with the contact centre.

So safest way is to cancel the card, before issue of renewal or most importantly - before the annual fee is reflected on latest statement.

Hopefully OCBC can provide a reply on why this stance, which is rather hard than soft. Just my opinion
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.