HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Voyage Card

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #481

Hi Awesom Andy,

There are charges to using your Voyage miles to redeem for KrisFlyer miles.

1,000 KrisFlyer miles = 1,000 Voyage miles + $3
5,000 KrisFlyer miles = 5,000 Voyage miles + $3
50,000 KrisFlyer miles = 50,000 Voyage miles + $20
100,000 KrisFlyer miles = 100,000 Voyage miles + $20
150,000 KrisFlyer miles = 150,000 Voyage miles + $20
200,000 KrisFlyer miles = 200,000 Voyage miles + $20
500,000 KrisFlyer miles = 500,000 Voyage miles + $20

To convert the Voyage Miles to KrisFlyer miles, you will need to register your KrisFlyer account with us.

You may do so by:

• SMS to 76062

<Miles> space <NRIC> space <KrisFlyer membership No.> space <Registered KrisFlyer Family Name> space <Registered KrisFlyer Given Name>

e.g. Miles S1234567A 8790000088 Tan Dennis

• Internet Banking > Rewards > Krisflyer pre-registration

^DG
Hi DG,

I saw that there was a change in the Krisflyer miles redemption structure. Could you update us on the 23 options available? I am redeeming some miles soon for a upcoming trip.

The note on the OCBC Voyage site states.

With effect from 4 July 2016 (the "Effective Date"), we will be amending the KrisFlyer Miles redemption structure to enable more flexibility:

There will be 23 options available for KrisFlyer Miles redemption for VOYAGE Miles.
Revision of Admin fee to a flat rate of S$25 per redemption.
phelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #482

So now it seems that the Voyage miles isn't as valuable as when the card first started, and the fee to convert to KF continues to rise. Is there any reason to keep this card now even if the annual fee is waived?
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #483

So now it seems that the Voyage miles isn't as valuable as when the card first started, and the fee to convert to KF continues to rise. Is there any reason to keep this card now even if the annual fee is waived?
I had ard 15000 points and wanted to transfer some over for an upcoming booking. On the ocbc Rewards site it seemed the only option was to transfer 10,000 points at $25. Hopefully there is more flexibility e.g transferring in increments of 5,000, 10,000,15,000 points etc. Citibank is the most flexible in this regard since you can transfer in any amounts you want.
phelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #484
Master Member

Hi OCBC,

why is there a NETS logo on the back of the card, but this function is not usable?

Also, will the pay wave function be applicable for future issues of this card?

thank you
Old 21-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #485
High Supremacy Member

just remember to cancel before the annual fee kicks in. if not very troublesome to get it waived. they keep directing me around until OCBC in the forum help to get someone call me
NightWish_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #486
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Hi OCBC,

why is there a NETS logo on the back of the card, but this function is not usable?

Also, will the pay wave function be applicable for future issues of this card?

thank you
Hi Thai_Rak_Thai,

You will be able to use the NETS function when you link your Voyage card to your banking account. You could call +6564386088 to check on this.

As for the pay wave function, there are currently no updates for this.

^DG
Thai_Rak_Thai likes this.

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #487
Master Member

I spoke to OCBC who updated me on some terms and conditions.

This is specific to Plaza Premium Lounge access only.

From now till end December 2017, cardholders will have unlimited access to lounge with one guest. I understand this is not updated on the Terms and Conditions yet, but it will be shortly.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:37 PM   #488

Useful information, do update on http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cr...s-4845642.html when this is confirmed.

I spoke to OCBC who updated me on some terms and conditions.

This is specific to Plaza Premium Lounge access only.

From now till end December 2017, cardholders will have unlimited access to lounge with one guest. I understand this is not updated on the Terms and Conditions yet, but it will be shortly.
vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #489
High Supremacy Member

Voyage helped me to book 4 tickets to GNR concerts yesterday. Additonal $8 per ticket but I think its ok. Save me the trouble to book
NightWish_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #490

Annual fee charge

Hi,

Just to clarify, the issue here is not with cancelling, it is having to pay the annual fee for the second year even if you cancel the card.
Hi coppee, could you please share with me how did you get this problem solved? I am facing the same problem. I called to cancel before the renewal date next month and was given similar lines over the phone. Told the CSO it's like asking me to pay rent but I am not living in the property?!
Thanks in advance.
synthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #491

Ok OCBC must somehow monitor this forum regularly. The CSO called me and now I can cancel my card without paying the annual fees.
synthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #492

Ok OCBC must somehow monitor this forum regularly. The CSO called me and now I can cancel my card without paying the annual fees.
Hi synthez,

We apologise for any misinformation, and hope that everything has been settled for you.

^DG

Old 22-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #493
Master Member

Useful information, do update on http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cr...s-4845642.html when this is confirmed.
OCBC, kindly note Voyage Card terms and conditions have not updated this portion
Old 22-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #494

OCBC, kindly note Voyage Card terms and conditions have not updated this portion
Hi Thai_Rak_Thai,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We'll be sharing your feedback with the relevant team.

In the meantime, we wish to share that this this information can be found on our website, under the "Privileges" section: https://www.ocbc.com/personal-bankin...#privilege-box

^WX
Thai_Rak_Thai likes this.

Old 23-12-2016, 04:38 AM   #495

Hi coppee, could you please share with me how did you get this problem solved? I am facing the same problem. I called to cancel before the renewal date next month and was given similar lines over the phone. Told the CSO it's like asking me to pay rent but I am not living in the property?!
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Good for you. It took me a month plus to get them not to charge the 2ND year annual fee after I told them to cancel the card. More than a dozen calls week after week, it's painful.

I don't think I will ever touch a Ocbc credit card after this horrible experience.

Year one, pay annual fee, get card and whatever welcome gift
Year two, don't want to pay annual fee so cancel card, but still told must pay 2ND year annual fee... And I saw many fellow hwz folks also experience the same...
coppee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.