OCBC Voyage Card

louist

Reaction score
Would it be possible to get confirmation in writing that Annual Fee for upcoming year will not be charged if we choose to cancel the card?

I'm currently still on the fence about whether or not to renew it for a second year; but with all these reports I'm inclined to play it safe and pre-emptively cancel it earlier to avoid such hassle.

Hi there,

We note that you are speaking with our service executive on this. May we check if you have received a reply on your request?

If not, could you drop us a PM with your contact details? We will check on your case with our service executive, and will get in touch, at the soonest.

^DG

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to get confirmation in writing that Annual Fee for upcoming year will not be charged if we choose to cancel the card?

I'm currently still on the fence about whether or not to renew it for a second year; but with all these reports I'm inclined to play it safe and pre-emptively cancel it earlier to avoid such hassle.

Ocbc
Would like to know this too. Will cancel if there is no way to not pay when annual fee is in

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
WqRaueZ.jpg

I thought what they have stated was first year supplementary cards are free only?

260Wolskel

Reaction score
@GenuineSeller Thank you! Now I remember why I didn't see this cos my RM filled the form for me, I just sign it after she filled everything! Thanks!

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
Ocbc
Would like to know this too. Will cancel if there is no way to not pay when annual fee is in

If u spend enough they will call u to beg not to cancel.
There's no card that says can't waive annual fees. Tried and tested.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Did Voyage change the dining earn rate to 2.3 miles again? I thought it has dropped to 1.6 miles? Just received an e-mail today stated 2.3 miles.

Shutterwhale

Reaction score
Did Voyage change the dining earn rate to 2.3 miles again? I thought it has dropped to 1.6 miles? Just received an e-mail today stated 2.3 miles.

Really? From my understanding it is 1.6 and only transactions charged in a foreign currency earn 2.3. Would be great news if this is true!!

vince123123

Reaction score
Have you successfully obtained a waiver for higher tier cards like SCB VI, HSBC VI, CITI Prestige or even higher ones like Insignia, Reserve or Charge? If so, please do share with us.

If u spend enough they will call u to beg not to cancel.
There's no card that says can't waive annual fees. Tried and tested.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
I understand OCBC will waive your annual fee if you spend more than SGD60,000 for the year

But OCBC can you clarify when this period of "year" is?

Mebeater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am under "Premier Private Client". However, it looks like I do not get any cash credit, but neither am I subjected to any annual fees, is that correct?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I understand OCBC will waive your annual fee if you spend more than SGD60,000 for the year

But OCBC can you clarify when this period of "year" is?

Hi Thai_Rak_Thai,

When it comes to minimum spend criteria, this is based on your card anniversary year. E.g. if your Card was approved in Jan 2018, the period for you to qualify the min. spend criteria is from Jan 2018 to Jan 2019.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
So the annual fee was charged this month and I called in to cancel the card. As experienced by others, the agent said that because the card was made of SPECIAL METAL, I'd still have to pay the annual fee even if the card was cancelled.

I said that I definitely wasn't paying the fee, and the agent went, uh...I'll have to check with my manager and call you back. I added that I've already paid the annual fee twice, how many times does OCBC want to charge for the SPECIAL METAL lol

Hi dunmesswifme,

We have previously requested for you to drop us a PM with your contact details, but have not heard back from you.

We apologise if our service executive offered a wrong impression on the Annual Service Fee. The Annual Service Fee is akin to a membership fee and it goes beyond the cost of the card but includes benefits such as access to a full service concierge, airport transfer and lounge services etc.

Please do let us know if we could assist with your request in any way.

^DG

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

We note that there are a number of postings on the Voyage card ASF. We would like to thank you for your queries, but as each requests may be unique, we hope to be able to speak with you personally to understand your concerns and offer a customized solution to meet your needs.

Please do give us a call at 1800 363 3333. Alternatively, you may write to us via secured mail on Internet Banking.

^DG

louist

Reaction score
Noted. I'll drop a secured mail regarding my own account.

However, just thought I'd highlight that by choosing not to address a very simple query (paraphrased - Does OCBC attempt to impose charges for subsequent year's ASF even if customer wishes to cancel the card?), the bank seems to be giving the impression that this is, indeed, the default practice.

(Otherwise, how difficult is it simply to say 'no'?)

Hi all,

We note that there are a number of postings on the Voyage card ASF. We would like to thank you for your queries, but as each requests may be unique, we hope to be able to speak with you personally to understand your concerns and offer a customized solution to meet your needs.

Please do give us a call at 1800 363 3333. Alternatively, you may write to us via secured mail on Internet Banking.

^DG

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Noted. I'll drop a secured mail regarding my own account.

However, just thought I'd highlight that by choosing not to address a very simple query (paraphrased - Does OCBC attempt to impose charges for subsequent year's ASF even if customer wishes to cancel the card?), the bank seems to be giving the impression that this is, indeed, the default practice.

(Otherwise, how difficult is it simply to say 'no'?)

Good morning louist,

Thank you for the feedback. We are not able to provide a definite “Yes/No” answer as the circumstance for each cardholder may be different.
For example, if a customer has utilised the renewal miles, we will not be able to offer a full waiver.
Please be assured that we are committed to offer a customized solution to all scenarios that is fair and appropriate.

We note that you will be sending us a secured message regarding your Voyage account. Once you’ve emailed us, feel free to drop us a PM indicating the email 16 digit reference number, and we will arrange for our service executive to get in touch with you asap.

^Sh

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.