HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Voyage Card

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #556

Any idea if paying local dining by Android Pay (using the Voyage card) will entitle us to 2.3 VM?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
chesterchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #557

Does anyone have any tips regarding the ideal timings or flights to go for when redeeming the voyage miles?

Since last year I've tried to get quotations from them on several occasions usually for economy or even Budget flights but the conversion rates always seem too Low to be worth the trouble. I'm talking about value of $0.012 per mile and lower.. end up I usually booked the flight w my Altitude card for the bonus miles instead.

Am I the only unlucky one?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Solid_snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #558

Does anyone have any tips regarding the ideal timings or flights to go for when redeeming the voyage miles?

Since last year I've tried to get quotations from them on several occasions usually for economy or even Budget flights but the conversion rates always seem too Low to be worth the trouble. I'm talking about value of $0.012 per mile and lower.. end up I usually booked the flight w my Altitude card for the bonus miles instead.

Am I the only unlucky one?
I dont think so, its the way the card was designed, more or less, esp if you are converting to econ, 1 to 2 cents is about there.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
lalaisgongon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #559
Master Member

Just opened my mails. This is what it looked like

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Thai_Rak_Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #560

Have anyone tried using VM to redeem for SQ flights recently? Pretty surprised at the hilariously poor conversion rate- For a return flight to HK on suites which costs 75k KF miles (available seats, albeit waiting list for redemption), I got a quote for ~40k VM more from the voyage exchange.

Even with the perks of a double dip of miles accruals and it being a revenue ticket from using VM, still a pretty poor value (quite an understatement).

I never had the opportunity to use my VMs and was religiously consolidating my expenses onto the card (even for non dining/overseas spend, as I was allured into thinking the perks of earning VMs outweigh the additional KF miles on other cards). Guess that will remain and will have to clock my expenses somewhere else with a better value proposition.

Still a cool card though- would be great as a paperweight
Ecadua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #561

It only makes sense when u convert first into Krisflyer miles.

Have anyone tried using VM to redeem for SQ flights recently? Pretty surprised at the hilariously poor conversion rate- For a return flight to HK on suites which costs 75k KF miles (available seats, albeit waiting list for redemption), I got a quote for ~40k VM more from the voyage exchange.

Even with the perks of a double dip of miles accruals and it being a revenue ticket from using VM, still a pretty poor value (quite an understatement).

I never had the opportunity to use my VMs and was religiously consolidating my expenses onto the card (even for non dining/overseas spend, as I was allured into thinking the perks of earning VMs outweigh the additional KF miles on other cards). Guess that will remain and will have to clock my expenses somewhere else with a better value proposition.

Still a cool card though- would be great as a paperweight
elnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #562

Vm has immediate availability and you can still earn kf miles and qualify towards pps so the extra may be worthwhile
Shutterwhale likes this.
epigram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #563
Master Member

Can I know is it Priority Pass that is issued or Plaza Premium Lounge Card?

TIA
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #564
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can I know is it Priority Pass that is issued or Plaza Premium Lounge Card?

TIA
you gain access to plaza premium lounge by showing Voyage card.

No other cards will be issued.
Shutterwhale likes this.
richneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #565
Arch-Supremacy Member

priority pass is more imba than plaza premium?

as in voyage wont let us access priority pass lounges?

Luc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #566

priority pass is more imba than plaza premium?

as in voyage wont let us access priority pass lounges?
Most (if not all) plaza premium lounges are under Priority Pass but Priority Pass includes a lot of other lounges as well (including Air China First Class Lounge in Beijing!). I guess you can say Priority Pass is more imba
Old 12-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #567
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most (if not all) plaza premium lounges are under Priority Pass but Priority Pass includes a lot of other lounges as well (including Air China First Class Lounge in Beijing!). I guess you can say Priority Pass is more imba
oh ok

thanks!

so i guess voyage one not so good for airport lounges

still looking for a card with unlimited entry and one guest cos new job scope might have to travel quite abit

but citibank one i dont qualify and already cancelled our citigold client so i think no way to nego haha

now asking if uob got any pp feature anot :s13:

Luc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #568

oh ok

thanks!

still looking for a card with unlimited entry and one guest cos new job scope might have to travel quite abit

but citibank one i dont qualify and already cancelled our citigold client so i think no way to nego haha

Hmm closest would be HSBC VI with 30k FD.
lalaisgongon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #569
Arch-Supremacy Member

oh ok

thanks!

cancel citigold private client can still sign up for citigold right? then only need 30k p.a. nia
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #570

oh ok

thanks!

StanChart with their Priority VI (blue colour) comes with Unlimited PP.
youhsueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.