HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Voyage Card

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #646

First year fee should be waived......
I mean it's stated there free for first year.....
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #647

I mean it's stated there free for first year.....
I thought what they have stated was first year supplementary cards are free only?
260Wolskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #648
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

Just got a letter regarding a tie-up between this card and Starhub. States that I will receive 50 dollars Shilla Duty Free voucher and first year free waiver when I sign up before 31 May. So, how do I go about doing this?
Hi danielkok,

In the mailer sent to you, there would be a URL provided. Application will have to be done via the URL provided.

Should you have further queries on this, do drop us a PM.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #649
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

So the annual fee was charged this month and I called in to cancel the card. As experienced by others, the agent said that because the card was made of SPECIAL METAL, I'd still have to pay the annual fee even if the card was cancelled.

I said that I definitely wasn't paying the fee, and the agent went, uh...I'll have to check with my manager and call you back. I added that I've already paid the annual fee twice, how many times does OCBC want to charge for the SPECIAL METAL lol
Hi there,

We note that you are speaking with our service executive on this. May we check if you have received a reply on your request?

If not, could you drop us a PM with your contact details? We will check on your case with our service executive, and will get in touch, at the soonest.

^DG

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #650

Theres no need to pay if you are cancelling.

So the annual fee was charged this month and I called in to cancel the card. As experienced by others, the agent said that because the card was made of SPECIAL METAL, I'd still have to pay the annual fee even if the card was cancelled.

I said that I definitely wasn't paying the fee, and the agent went, uh...I'll have to check with my manager and call you back. I added that I've already paid the annual fee twice, how many times does OCBC want to charge for the SPECIAL METAL lol
vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #651

Would it be possible to get confirmation in writing that Annual Fee for upcoming year will not be charged if we choose to cancel the card?

I'm currently still on the fence about whether or not to renew it for a second year; but with all these reports I'm inclined to play it safe and pre-emptively cancel it earlier to avoid such hassle.

Hi there,

We note that you are speaking with our service executive on this. May we check if you have received a reply on your request?

If not, could you drop us a PM with your contact details? We will check on your case with our service executive, and will get in touch, at the soonest.

^DG
louist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #652

Would it be possible to get confirmation in writing that Annual Fee for upcoming year will not be charged if we choose to cancel the card?

I'm currently still on the fence about whether or not to renew it for a second year; but with all these reports I'm inclined to play it safe and pre-emptively cancel it earlier to avoid such hassle.
Ocbc
Would like to know this too. Will cancel if there is no way to not pay when annual fee is in
linusz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #653

I thought what they have stated was first year supplementary cards are free only?
260Wolskel likes this.
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 08:52 PM   #654

@GenuineSeller Thank you! Now I remember why I didn't see this cos my RM filled the form for me, I just sign it after she filled everything! Thanks!
GenuineSeller likes this.
Old 23-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #655
Master Member

Ocbc
Would like to know this too. Will cancel if there is no way to not pay when annual fee is in
If u spend enough they will call u to beg not to cancel.
There's no card that says can't waive annual fees. Tried and tested.
stellamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #656

Did Voyage change the dining earn rate to 2.3 miles again? I thought it has dropped to 1.6 miles? Just received an e-mail today stated 2.3 miles.
Old 25-04-2018, 08:27 AM   #657

Did Voyage change the dining earn rate to 2.3 miles again? I thought it has dropped to 1.6 miles? Just received an e-mail today stated 2.3 miles.
Really? From my understanding it is 1.6 and only transactions charged in a foreign currency earn 2.3. Would be great news if this is true!!
Old 25-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #658

Really? From my understanding it is 1.6 and only transactions charged in a foreign currency earn 2.3. Would be great news if this is true!!
The e-mail link is below:

<ADV> OCBC Premier VOYAGE Savour the good life as you unwind
Shutterwhale likes this.
Old 25-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #659

Have you successfully obtained a waiver for higher tier cards like SCB VI, HSBC VI, CITI Prestige or even higher ones like Insignia, Reserve or Charge? If so, please do share with us.

If u spend enough they will call u to beg not to cancel.
There's no card that says can't waive annual fees. Tried and tested.
vince123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #660

The e-mail link is below:

<ADV> OCBC Premier VOYAGE Savour the good life as you unwind
Interesting thanks for sharing! Wondering if it is just for Premier/Private Clients only. Let me see if I can get a confirmation.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.