HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OCBC Voyage Card

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #661
Master Member

I understand OCBC will waive your annual fee if you spend more than SGD60,000 for the year

But OCBC can you clarify when this period of "year" is?
Old 25-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #662

I don't get 2.3, but the usual 1.6:

http://links.email.ocbc.com/servlet/...cwS0&mt=1&rt=0
kelvinloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 04:55 AM   #663

They resent a revised e-mail.
260Wolskel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #664

I am under "Premier Private Client". However, it looks like I do not get any cash credit, but neither am I subjected to any annual fees, is that correct?
Wife Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #665

They resent a revised e-mail.
So disappointing.......
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #666
Featured Sponsor for Money Mind, EDMW

I understand OCBC will waive your annual fee if you spend more than SGD60,000 for the year

But OCBC can you clarify when this period of "year" is?
Hi Thai_Rak_Thai,

When it comes to minimum spend criteria, this is based on your card anniversary year. E.g. if your Card was approved in Jan 2018, the period for you to qualify the min. spend criteria is from Jan 2018 to Jan 2019.

^DG
Thai_Rak_Thai likes this.

OCBC Bank: Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
OCBC Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #667

So the annual fee was charged this month and I called in to cancel the card. As experienced by others, the agent said that because the card was made of SPECIAL METAL, I'd still have to pay the annual fee even if the card was cancelled.

I said that I definitely wasn't paying the fee, and the agent went, uh...I'll have to check with my manager and call you back. I added that I've already paid the annual fee twice, how many times does OCBC want to charge for the SPECIAL METAL lol
Hi dunmesswifme,

We have previously requested for you to drop us a PM with your contact details, but have not heard back from you.

We apologise if our service executive offered a wrong impression on the Annual Service Fee. The Annual Service Fee is akin to a membership fee and it goes beyond the cost of the card but includes benefits such as access to a full service concierge, airport transfer and lounge services etc.

Please do let us know if we could assist with your request in any way.

^DG

Last edited by OCBC Bank; 30-04-2018 at 04:59 PM..
Old 30-04-2018, 04:54 PM   #668

Hi all,

We note that there are a number of postings on the Voyage card ASF. We would like to thank you for your queries, but as each requests may be unique, we hope to be able to speak with you personally to understand your concerns and offer a customized solution to meet your needs.

Please do give us a call at 1800 363 3333. Alternatively, you may write to us via secured mail on Internet Banking.

^DG

Old 02-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #669

Noted. I'll drop a secured mail regarding my own account.

However, just thought I'd highlight that by choosing not to address a very simple query (paraphrased - Does OCBC attempt to impose charges for subsequent year's ASF even if customer wishes to cancel the card?), the bank seems to be giving the impression that this is, indeed, the default practice.

(Otherwise, how difficult is it simply to say 'no'?)

Hi all,

We note that there are a number of postings on the Voyage card ASF. We would like to thank you for your queries, but as each requests may be unique, we hope to be able to speak with you personally to understand your concerns and offer a customized solution to meet your needs.

Please do give us a call at 1800 363 3333. Alternatively, you may write to us via secured mail on Internet Banking.

^DG
Would it be possible to get confirmation in writing that Annual Fee for upcoming year will not be charged if we choose to cancel the card?

I'm currently still on the fence about whether or not to renew it for a second year; but with all these reports I'm inclined to play it safe and pre-emptively cancel it earlier to avoid such hassle.

Last edited by louist; 02-05-2018 at 10:20 PM..
louist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #670

Noted. I'll drop a secured mail regarding my own account.

However, just thought I'd highlight that by choosing not to address a very simple query (paraphrased - Does OCBC attempt to impose charges for subsequent year's ASF even if customer wishes to cancel the card?), the bank seems to be giving the impression that this is, indeed, the default practice.

(Otherwise, how difficult is it simply to say 'no'?)
Good morning louist,

Thank you for the feedback. We are not able to provide a definite “Yes/No” answer as the circumstance for each cardholder may be different.
For example, if a customer has utilised the renewal miles, we will not be able to offer a full waiver.
Please be assured that we are committed to offer a customized solution to all scenarios that is fair and appropriate.

We note that you will be sending us a secured message regarding your Voyage account. Once you’ve emailed us, feel free to drop us a PM indicating the email 16 digit reference number, and we will arrange for our service executive to get in touch with you asap.

^Sh

Old 04-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #671

Thanks for highlighting a case where it seems fair for customer not to be offered a full waiver. I understand that it will really have to go by a case-by-case basis, but am I right to say that in general, if the cardmember has not utilised any benefits (e.g. renewal miles) from the upcoming membership year, a full waiver for ASF should be possible if the customer proceeds with card cancellation?

Appreciate the clarification!

Good morning louist,

Thank you for the feedback. We are not able to provide a definite “Yes/No” answer as the circumstance for each cardholder may be different.
For example, if a customer has utilised the renewal miles, we will not be able to offer a full waiver.
Please be assured that we are committed to offer a customized solution to all scenarios that is fair and appropriate.

We note that you will be sending us a secured message regarding your Voyage account. Once you’ve emailed us, feel free to drop us a PM indicating the email 16 digit reference number, and we will arrange for our service executive to get in touch with you asap.

^Sh

Last edited by louist; 07-05-2018 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 07-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #672

Thought I'd update since the internet banking folks have gotten back to me:
(I've bolded the key line for emphasis)

Your OCBC Voyage Card (no. ending with xxxx) will enjoy automatic annual fees waiver when you charge at least S$60,000 in the membership year to your card.

Please note that once the annual fee is charged we may be unable to waive it even if the card is cancelled. Your annual fee will be charged in xyz 2018
It seems that even when my specific card account is known, OCBC is unable to give a straight answer on whether or not annual fee will be waived when the card is cancelled.

My underlying question is (to me) actually rather straightforward - if a user cancels his card without having consumed any of the following year's benefits, will the annual fee still be charged? This is a public forum - by refusing to make a clear stance, you are scaring customers like myself off.

Really wish we could gain some clarity on the matter. Thanks.

Thanks for highlighting a case where it seems fair for customer not to be offered a full waiver. I understand that it will really have to go by a case-by-case basis, but am I right to say that in general, if the cardmember has not utilised any benefits (e.g. renewal miles) from the upcoming membership year, a full waiver for ASF should be possible if the customer proceeds with card cancellation?

Appreciate the clarification!

Last edited by louist; 08-05-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Old 18-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #673
Master Member

Didn't manage to spend the SGD60,000 to get the full annual fee waiver but can confirm OCBC did present some options with regards to this (won't go into specifics as maybe it is tailored for each client spending habits):

- Full fee waiver but deducting large amount of Voyage Miles, and no further credit of Voyage Miles

- Partial Annual Fee payment with no credit of Voyage Miles

- Standard Annual Fee payment with increased allocation of Voyage Miles
Old 18-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #674

Didn't manage to spend the SGD60,000 to get the full annual fee waiver but can confirm OCBC did present some options with regards to this (won't go into specifics as maybe it is tailored for each client spending habits):

- Full fee waiver but deducting large amount of Voyage Miles, and no further credit of Voyage Miles

- Partial Annual Fee payment with no credit of Voyage Miles

- Standard Annual Fee payment with increased allocation of Voyage Miles

How did they present this to you? Before or after the annual fee was billed? Did they offer this to you without asking or only when asked?
260Wolskel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #675
Master Member

How did they present this to you? Before or after the annual fee was billed? Did they offer this to you without asking or only when asked?
i called OCBC after i received my statement with the annual fee. I asked about the annual fee as I didn't see it last year, that's how i found out about the SGD60,000 spend I did previously. I just asked what my options were and they came back to me with those choices. No hassle at all
260Wolskel likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.