OCBC Voyage Card

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear OCBC, I paid my annual life insurance plan (also is an ILP) with the voyage card in lump sum payment but did not get voyage points.

When I asked them on the email, they said it's code is MCC so the transaction is not eligible to earn Voyage Miles !

I am so disappointed as the last time when I asked you, you said it will be entitled to the miles and hence changed to this method of payement.

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Dear OCBC, I paid my annual life insurance plan (also is an ILP) with the voyage card in lump sum payment but did not get voyage points.

When I asked them on the email, they said it's code is MCC so the transaction is not eligible to earn Voyage Miles !

I am so disappointed as the last time when I asked you, you said it will be entitled to the miles and hence changed to this method of payement.

Since 01 Oct 2019, OCBC Voyage card stop giving VM for insurance premiums. I had switched to UOB card but effective 16 Mar 2020, UOB will also stop giving points/miles.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi princessreiko,

Please note that from 1 October 2019, all insurance transactions/ policies charged to VOYAGE cards are excluded from earning of VOYAGE Miles.

This is in line with the revision to the T&Cs governing OCBC Credit Card Rewards/Rebates Programme effective 1 October 2019.

^DG

natnaes

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Are premier customers automatically qualified for the voyage premier card or does the usual application process take place?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Are premier customers automatically qualified for the voyage premier card or does the usual application process take place?

Hi there,

You will be required to fill in an application form.
Do get in touch with your relationship manager for this. They will be able to assist.

^DG

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,
With the current situation, we are unlikely to travel anytime soon. For the VM we have, can we redeem everything shown in the website rewards page ( OCBC$ and Miles$), or only those shown under Miles$?

Posted from PCWX using SM-G975F

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,
With the current situation, we are unlikely to travel anytime soon. For the VM we have, can we redeem everything shown in the website rewards page ( OCBC$ and Miles$), or only those shown under Miles$?

Hi there,

Customers holding on to the Voyage card will only be able to make redemption for rewards that requires Voyage miles.

Apart from KrisFlyer miles, there are a couple of retail, dining, and cash rebate options available.

https://internet.ocbc.com/rewards/ - Click on Voyage Card to see the rewards available.

^DG

natnaes

Reaction score
Hi there,

Customers holding on to the Voyage card will only be able to make redemption for rewards that requires Voyage miles.

Apart from KrisFlyer miles, there are a couple of retail, dining, and cash rebate options available.

https://internet.ocbc.com/rewards/ - Click on Voyage Card to see the rewards available.

^DG

Hi OCBC,

noticed that the clause

"1.2 Each Cardmember can earn up to a maximum of 230,000 Voyage Miles each month. All Voyage Miles accrued have no expiration date." from the 16-March-2016 TnC is no longer in the 5-March-2020 or 1-June-2020 TnC. Can we confirm if there is no longer a maximum limit of Voyage miles a card member can earn monthly?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

noticed that the clause

"1.2 Each Cardmember can earn up to a maximum of 230,000 Voyage Miles each month. All Voyage Miles accrued have no expiration date." from the 16-March-2016 TnC is no longer in the 5-March-2020 or 1-June-2020 TnC. Can we confirm if there is no longer a maximum limit of Voyage miles a card member can earn monthly?

H there,

There is no cap on the maximum Voyage Miles that can be earned.

^DG

Eightfold

Reaction score
@OCBC What are the reason that Voyage don't come with PayWave? Modern cards all do. I know the workaround of adding it to Apple Pay/Google Pay etc. but often i see a merchant trying to paywave the physical card and fail 🙈

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@OCBC What are the reason that Voyage don't come with PayWave? Modern cards all do. I know the workaround of adding it to Apple Pay/Google Pay etc. but often i see a merchant trying to paywave the physical card and fail ��
Most likely because of the material of the card? They could do it with a plastic backing to include the paywave functionally but that might change the premium feel of a metal card.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Most likely because of the material of the card? They could do it with a plastic backing to include the paywave functionally but that might change the premium feel of a metal card.

UOB VI Metal, DBS Tresure and Citibank Prestige all have paywave.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOB VI Metal, DBS Tresure and Citibank Prestige all have paywave.

I believe the UOB VI Metal has some sort of sticker over the back of the card that hides the chip + antenna for paywave. Not sure how the other cards do it.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
@OCBC What are the reason that Voyage don't come with PayWave? Modern cards all do. I know the workaround of adding it to Apple Pay/Google Pay etc. but often i see a merchant trying to paywave the physical card and fail 🙈

Hi there,

We hear you on your feedback.

Just to share, the VOYAGE card is skillfully crafted from featherweight Duralumin metal, which does not allow for the contactless chip to be embedded within.

To enjoy contactless payment with your VOYAGE Card, simply add it to Apple, Google or Samsung pay and you can use it on any PayWave enabled terminals. Thank you.

^XF

wrathofgod

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

May I know how long does payment to IRAS usually takes?

I have submitted the Voyage Tax Application form and the requested amount have already been charged to my card in April. However, IRAS tax statement still indicates I still owning :s22:

Appreciate if you can PM me.

Thanks.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

I have submitted the Voyage Tax Application form and the requested amount have already been charged to my card in April. However, IRAS tax statement still indicates I still owning :s22:

Thanks.

You are supposed to make separate payment to IRAS yourself. OCBC Voyage won't pay IRAS on your behalf. What they will do is to credit you back the amount you charge to the card less the admin fee.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Thanks.

You are supposed to make separate payment to IRAS yourself. OCBC Voyage won't pay IRAS on your behalf. What they will do is to credit you back the amount you charge to the card less the admin fee.

Hi wrathofgod,

As 260Wolskel has shared, cardmembers are responsible to make his/her own payment to IRAS for the taxes with the funds credited to the
specified bank account.

After you have submitted the application form, and received approval, the funds will be credited into your bank account within 4 business days. You can then use this funds to make payment to IRAS.

^DG

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.