HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

QUESTION ABOUT CITIBANK PREMIERMILES CARD

Like Tree353Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #1771

No. It depends. For websites like expedia.sg and agoda prices are either quoted in sgd by default or converted to sgd using spot rate. So effective only 0.8% cross border fees will be incur. Also can write in to request expedia and agoda to refund these fees also. Better to pay in sgd.

For website like amazon where they quote in usd by default and use there own lousy exchange rate to change to sgd. Better to pay in usd although a currency exchange fee of 2.5% will be charged for paying in usd.
added,

For some web like Airasia or SQ its better to pay on original currency, for example for flight start from KL or Indonesia better to pay in MYR or IDR since their conversion is worse compared with 2.5-3% foreign conversion charge
laurent_rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #1772
Master Member

Just wondering, would the citibank miles conversion be better then DBS Altitude card or are they the same?
staedtler_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #1773

Just wondering, would the citibank miles conversion be better then DBS Altitude card or are they the same?
Citi charges on a per conversion basis, while dbs is charging annually.

you can pool dbs points from various cards (eg altitude + woman's) together for a conversion, whereas citi premiermiles is a standalone currency that is different from other cards such as rewards card.
dahnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #1774

Citi charges on a per conversion basis, while dbs is charging annually.

you can pool dbs points from various cards (eg altitude + woman's) together for a conversion, whereas citi premiermiles is a standalone currency that is different from other cards such as rewards card.
For the dbs, if we are not converting, will dbs still charge the annual conversion fee? Cause i am small spender, may take 2-3 years to accumulate the points then convery.

david_yyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #1775
Arch-Supremacy Member

For the dbs, if we are not converting, will dbs still charge the annual conversion fee? Cause i am small spender, may take 2-3 years to accumulate the points then convery.
Yes, DBS will keep charging annually once you enroll into the FFP but you can choose not to enroll so as not to pay when you are not converting miles.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #1776

Yes, u can choose to accumulate 2-3 yrs then pay 1 yr to convert, then repeat the same...
Allen_C_Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #1777
Supremacy Member

No. It depends. For websites like expedia.sg and agoda prices are either quoted in sgd by default or converted to sgd using spot rate. So effective only 0.8% cross border fees will be incur. Also can write in to request expedia and agoda to refund these fees also. Better to pay in sgd.

For website like amazon where they quote in usd by default and use there own lousy exchange rate to change to sgd. Better to pay in usd although a currency exchange fee of 2.5% will be charged for paying in usd.
is there a 2.5% currency exchange fee for all payments online that is not in sgd?
Erwinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #1778
Arch-Supremacy Member

is there a 2.5% currency exchange fee for all payments online that is not in sgd?
Yes there is currency exchange fee for payment online using sg issued card for payment not in sgd. Using this card the fee is 2.5%.

Last edited by Trazora; 30-05-2016 at 07:41 AM..
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #1779
Supremacy Member

Yes there is currency exchange fee for payment online using sg issued card for payment not in sgd. Using this card the fee is 2.5%.
Ouch...diddn't know. Is this the norm for most cc?
Erwinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #1780
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ouch...diddn't know. Is this the norm for most cc?
For all cc, unless waived eg dual currency cc. Fees varies from 1% to 3.75%.
Erwinlow likes this.

Last edited by Trazora; 30-05-2016 at 09:40 AM..
Old 01-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #1781

With regards to the CCY fees on Agoda and Expedia. Yesterday I sent both of them a msg to request waiving my various CCY fees as goodwill gesture, Agoda via email and Expedia via their online feedback form.

Today I received a call from Agoda. The lady explained that now Agoda has many more payment gateways thats why I'm getting charged CCY. However they'll be willing to refund the CCY fees if I email them my credit card statement.

Not sure if they'll continue to provide this goodwill but hopefully they can do something about this CCY in the longer term.

Haven't heard back from Expedia yet.
ralliteknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #1782

With regards to the CCY fees on Agoda and Expedia. Yesterday I sent both of them a msg to request waiving my various CCY fees as goodwill gesture, Agoda via email and Expedia via their online feedback form.

Today I received a call from Agoda. The lady explained that now Agoda has many more payment gateways thats why I'm getting charged CCY. However they'll be willing to refund the CCY fees if I email them my credit card statement.

Not sure if they'll continue to provide this goodwill but hopefully they can do something about this CCY in the longer term.

Haven't heard back from Expedia yet.
I think you just wait, they gonna refund it, i need to wait almost 4-5 days and they refund it
Old 01-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #1783
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think you just wait, they gonna refund it, i need to wait almost 4-5 days and they refund it
Expedia did not reply my email sent 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #1784

Expedia did not reply my email sent 2 weeks ago.
try resend again from website form
Old 03-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #1785
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thinking abt getting citi PM or DBS Altitude. Which is better?

Layers is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.