HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question on CIMB Platinum MasterCard

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #1

Question on CIMB Platinum MasterCard

Recently my mother was approached by someone from a roadshow and she signed up for the CIMB Platinum MasterCard. She told me the other party said the card can just keep, no charges.

Today the card came and I looked at the letter. It appears that the new card has to be activated within the next 14 days. So my 1st question is, is the card unusable after 14 days? And if I activate it, I will be liable for those card charges?

I went to CIMB website to check, there is a minimum monthly payment of 3% of outstanding balance or $50 whichever is higher. Does that mean even if I don't use the card, I still must pay $50 per month?

And therefore, if we have zero intention of using the card, we should not activate it and let it rot beyond the 14 days activation period?

Thank you
SolarPanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

no harm to activate the card. Nothing to pay if don't use the card. The 3% or $50 whichever higher is applicable only if paying partial and want to avoid late charges, not really relevant as should always strive to pay fully spendings billed to avoid any interest.

Last edited by Trazora; 11-07-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.