HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend me a card

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Master Member

Recommend me a card

Hi guys, have been reading up a little on the various cards but still kinda confused on which works best for me hence hope some gurus can recommend me.

Main bulk of the card usage will be used for Petrol - Esso preferred (~$180/month). Other stuff includes dining, online shopping (Shopee/Ezbuy), movies (Cathay), etc.

Quite unlikely to hit those $400 minimum spend card requirements hence no minimum spend card preferred.

Open to either cashback/miles.

Feel free to recommend if there is any card that is worth combo-ing with any savings accounts, or even things like MilesLife.

Thanks!
kyuushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can consider DBS esso or citi PM

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
Master Member

You can consider DBS esso or citi PM

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Thanks. DBS Esso pretty straightforward. I'm curious about the Citi PM tho. Is it really worth to chalk up miles on that card? At a 1.2 mile per $1 rate, it will take forever to get enough miles for a 1 way air ticket right?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks. DBS Esso pretty straightforward. I'm curious about the Citi PM tho. Is it really worth to chalk up miles on that card? At a 1.2 mile per $1 rate, it will take forever to get enough miles for a 1 way air ticket right?
citi PM is currently the only one which does not have any expiry date...
therefore based on your current lifestyle and monthly spending and you are looking at earning miles, citi PM most suitable

For petrol... you can look at the image below:
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
Master Member

therefore based on your current lifestyle and monthly spending and you are looking at earning miles, citi PM most suitable

For petrol... you can look at the image below:
I see. Thanks for this image. Can I just get your advice, why DBS Esso over 1 of the Citibank cards? Even though DBS Esso has the most Instant discount, but it seems like Citibank would give the best overall discount once factoring in the rebate?
Old 10-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see. Thanks for this image. Can I just get your advice, why DBS Esso over 1 of the Citibank cards? Even though DBS Esso has the most Instant discount, but it seems like Citibank would give the best overall discount once factoring in the rebate?
citibank cashback card need min $888 monthly spend to get 8% rebate (capped at $25) for petrol. Only good if you also spend on the other categories for 8% (dining, groceries, grab, food panda)
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #7
Master Member

citibank cashback card need min $888 monthly spend to get 8% rebate (capped at $25) for petrol. Only good if you also spend on the other categories for 8% (dining, groceries, grab, food panda)
Ah, understood. DBS Esso Card definitely the champ then!
Old 11-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #8

Please recommend me a card

Aim - Miles
Purpose - Grab and other online purchases
Annual income 60k
Monthly spend - 300 to 600 dollars
sannoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #9

tot dbs alt also no expiry?
jetblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.