Samsung Pay

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Pay has a new technology known as MST - can use with a traditional credit charge machine without the NFC terminal.

Oic. Sounds cool. Wonder how comfortable the cashier is to accept such new way of payment though lol.

ice_angel

Reaction score
Ocbc has stated the 5% rebate is on top of existing rebate that the cards has..
Wonder how about DBS.. say I use samsung pay with Live fresh card on paywave terminal, will I get double dip?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ocbc has stated the 5% rebate is on top of existing rebate that the cards has..
Wonder how about DBS.. say I use samsung pay with Live fresh card on paywave terminal, will I get double dip?

Dbs has $10 rebate for min 3 transaction, accumulated $40 spend.

ice_angel

Reaction score
Dbs has $10 rebate for min 3 transaction, accumulated $40 spend.

Yeah. What I mean is I add DBS Live fresh into Samsung pay and use on a Paywave terminal. The $40 I paid (assuming 3 transaction, all paywave), will I get both 5% paywave rebate + $40 for using samsung pay? :D

JC2015

Reaction score
Yeah. What I mean is I add DBS Live fresh into Samsung pay and use on a Paywave terminal. The $40 I paid (assuming 3 transaction, all paywave), will I get both 5% paywave rebate + $40 for using samsung pay? :D

Yes, will be on top of existing rebates / points. Same as Apple Pay

ice_angel

Reaction score
Yes, will be on top of existing rebates / points. Same as Apple Pay

Oh? Coz my fren called in DBS for applepay and was told that the paywave rebate won't be awarded for applepay transaction... so you enquired and cso said otherwise?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh? Coz my fren called in DBS for applepay and was told that the paywave rebate won't be awarded for applepay transaction... so you enquired and cso said otherwise?

Just use anyway. Only $40 spend

ice_angel

Reaction score
Just use anyway. Only $40 spend

Yeah.. 40$ mission already completed.. but if rebate won't be able to double dip, then i should definitely delete live fresh card from samsung pay or applepay for that matter..

JC2015

Reaction score

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1011439935636922&substory_index=0&id=312988068815449

Scroll down to the 10th comment about whether live fresh promo is available via apple pay

ice_angel

Reaction score
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1011439935636922&substory_index=0&id=312988068815449

Scroll down to the 10th comment about whether live fresh promo is available via apple pay

Oh.. hmm.. So it is really contradicting with what my fren heard from the DBS CSO.. :s22:

Anyway, Live fresh is still OK. I still mainly use it for online.. Just hope UOB will be joining soon, so that can really carry less card.. :)

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Samsung US States S6 is under their eligible device. Am guessing Samsung SG hasn't tweak from their end to enable S6. Might have to wait for it. My guess though

ice_angel

Reaction score
Haven't tried MST.. But for paywave terminal, I found that I can't put the entire phone vertically aligned with the terminal... Tried many times, found that the optimal position is horizontally parallel to the terminal, vertically with a 45 degree angel. Head/upper part of the phone on the contactless screen where the lower part of the pone should be away from the terminal..

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Can you sure what exactly you tried? Did you use fingerprint and place the phone near the magnetic credit card reader?

I opened the samsung pay app, select the desired card and enter the pin. After that put beside the magnetic card reader for a while. The cashier staff insist that their terminal not working with mobile payment, so i just tried briefly for 1 or 2 seconds. Maybe i did not put my phone there long enough or put at wrong angle.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.