SCB Journey Card (former known as SCB Metal X-Card)

SojIrOu

Reaction score
That would be 2c per mile, not cheap anymore 😂😂

Yup it is more for topping up the balance points to an exact amount for the miles you want to claim. E.g. $6K spend gives 7,200 miles but you can only claim 7,000 from SC Rewards. So if you want to claim 8000 miles you can buy the remainder.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Yup it is more for topping up the balance points to an exact amount for the miles you want to claim. E.g. $6K spend gives 7,200 miles but you can only claim 7,000 from SC Rewards. So if you want to claim 8000 miles you can buy the remainder.

Thanks for the tip :) sc rewards can be transferred per 1k miles?

SojIrOu

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip :) sc rewards can be transferred per 1k miles?

Minimum of 1k blocks and 2500 points required per 1000 miles.

To reduce transfer fee, try to claim in 1 type of reward. E.g. I want to claim 22,000 miles. I claim 22 of 1000 miles award and pay $26.75 transfer fee. If I claim 2x10,000 and 2x1,000 there is 2x$26.75 transfer fee because it is a mix of 10,000 and 1,000.

Last edited:

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6000spend earns u 7200miles for local spend.

i will write off that 200miles and just redeem 107k miles

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Think i will just do the 107k since i dont plan to use the card after the 6k and dun have any other scb card anyway 😂😂

troublesome58

Reaction score
So long as you have online banking ID and password, you will be able to login to SCB Apps and there will be a button for you to add the card to Apple Pay. If you are a new customer without online banking, you can sms them for them to contact you to register for you:

SMS "Online Banking" to 75722 and our Service consultant will contact you to complete your request

Thank you boss.

SojIrOu

Reaction score
Anyone got the physical card yet?

Curious how the feel and form of it.

Yeah its really heavy and has engraved X design with different depth. The back is like a thin plastic stuck to the metal for the magnetic strip and embossed with the numbers.

tth_ben

Reaction score
You can try your luck to redeem it straight to your wife's account (you can key in her Krisflyer details in SC rewards site) assuming they do not properly check against cardholder name.

Otherwise, the only solution that will 100% work is if your wife has any SC VI you can transfer your points across as a nominee to her account. She can then redeem the miles from SC side.

Note: It has to be a Visa Infinite card or else the miles redemption rate is much lower (2.5pts/1mile vs 3.5pts/1.015mile).

Do you know what SQ has done in some cases when they have discovered "try your luck" instances like what you recommended (in some cases after random audits)?

If you don't, I suggest you find out and don't sabo people who may read your post and think that there are no risks with this kind of inappropriate behaviour.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try your luck to redeem it straight to your wife's account (you can key in her Krisflyer details in SC rewards site) assuming they do not properly check against cardholder name.
This one no no no no. There's a fair chance that SQ picks up the name mismatch between CC acct and KF acct, and forfeits the transferred miles. Not worth the risk at all.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
This one no no no no. There's a fair chance that SQ picks up the name mismatch between CC acct and KF acct, and forfeits the transferred miles. Not worth the risk at all.

I thought they would ban the entire kf acc rather than just the miles xfered actually

ceciltan

Reaction score
6th working day and still no card in mail. No email of notification of any sort.

Very upsetting when you got money to spend but can’t because no physical card.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
6th working day and still no card in mail. No email of notification of any sort.

Very upsetting when you got money to spend but can’t because no physical card.

Did u get the email on 10 day extension?

I haven't recieved the card either

ceciltan

Reaction score
Same. No card. Hiaz.

I did received an sms to activate my card which I did. So if tomolo card still din come, call and blast customer services also pointless right.

Or just fuk it and call and cancel the card right away cause too pissed off

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.