HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SCB Metal X-Card

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2020, 03:24 AM   #766

The question is why so many cancelled the card... when you can cancel it within a month after the annual fee is posted....... hahaha.
Hahaha... you might be wrong.
“ This annual fee is strictly not waivable in the first year and every subsequent year, for as long as the principal X Card and supplementary X Card is active.”
Even if you hold it for one day in the subsequent year, you are liable to pay annual fee. Do you really want to take the risk?
Spk307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:48 AM   #767

Hahaha... you might be wrong.
“ This annual fee is strictly not waivable in the first year and every subsequent year, for as long as the principal X Card and supplementary X Card is active.”
Even if you hold it for one day in the subsequent year, you are liable to pay annual fee. Do you really want to take the risk?
Banks usually give a grace period when they post the annual fee. But I don't think SCB will offer anything attractive to retain customers, especially during this pandemic period.
CrashWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #768

No lah. I haven't seen a single bank insisting you pay for the annual fees even if u cancel the card after posting annual fees. Even milelion had a post wondering why is everyone so kan chiong to cancel. Likely nothing interesting from SCB but just holding a while more doesn't matter I guess.
pacificstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #769

for now still no news right on what SC X card will offer for 2nd year? i am also waiting to cancel the card if there is no attractive offer.
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:39 PM   #770

for now still no news right on what SC X card will offer for 2nd year? i am also waiting to cancel the card if there is no attractive offer.
No news yet. Looks like a once off product failure. Considering they want to replace the original scb VI with X card and no action taken (rentention bonus) at all...
Old 09-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #771
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not so sure why some of you guys so kancheong to cancel this...if they wanna charge annual fee, I just cancel. No loss from my side.

I just cash out all my points to KF and just waiting to see SCB gonna have interesting promos/make the card a must use.

So far it's so quiet and I feel Covid had probably made them less likely to beef up their offerings.

Meanwhile, the card has been in my cupboard as a paperweight collecting dust ever since I used it last year
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:53 PM   #772

Not so sure why some of you guys so kancheong to cancel this...if they wanna charge annual fee, I just cancel. No loss from my side.

I just cash out all my points to KF and just waiting to see SCB gonna have interesting promos/make the card a must use.

So far it's so quiet and I feel Covid had probably made them less likely to beef up their offerings.

Meanwhile, the card has been in my cupboard as a paperweight collecting dust ever since I used it last year
My point exactly. It is always possible to cancel and not pay AF even after AF is posted
Old 09-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #773

I canceled early because I don't see myself exchanging my cash for miles in this economy. Also I couldn't wait to be considered new-to-bank again so I can qualify for sign up gifts.
drawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 05:54 PM   #774
Master Member

No updates so far? Thinking of converting to miles soon and cancelling thereafter.
acetylcholine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #775
Greater Supremacy Member

Any quick way to cancel the card without calling i?
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #776

Can try the web chat, don't know if it would work though
Old 15-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #777

New 45k signup bonus for 20k spend. No news yet for renewal
Old 15-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #778
Master Member

If you have online banking, you can login to send them a message to cancel the card.
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #779
High Supremacy Member

If you have online banking, you can login to send them a message to cancel the card.
dun need. use e mobile app.
go to help services > cancel
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 10:26 PM   #780

dun need. use e mobile app.
go to help services > cancel
Everyone ready and prepared with all means to cancel the card ah hahahah
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.