SCB SingPost/Spree Card

darwinkoh

Reaction score
This is my understanding too. Online spending rebate will remain at 7% while grocery spending rebate will reduce to 2%.
Let say my billing cycle is from 11 June to 10 July. Will my grocery spending on 1 July still entitled 6%? My grocery spending spending on 30 June will still entitle 6% rite? Thanks

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
Let say my billing cycle is from 11 June to 10 July. Will my grocery spending on 1 July still entitled 6%? My grocery spending spending on 30 June will still entitle 6% rite? Thanks

Effective July 1, so u must make sure your spending get posted on June 30 to get the 6% rebate, ie spend 3-4 days before June 30 to qualify, hahaha, dun play play

darwinkoh

Reaction score
Effective July 1, so u must make sure your spending get posted on June 30 to get the 6% rebate, ie spend 3-4 days before June 30 to qualify, hahaha, dun play play
OIC... Billing cycle dun play a role for this case. Thanks

sharang

Reaction score
Just received my first statement. Find it odd that the statement doesn't show how much cashback is received for each transaction. Dunno why SCB is like this, they just give the total cashback for that statement period. And when i called them to ask, they have to forward to their investigation dept. This is as opposed to the posb everyday card which list down how much cashback received for each transaction.

SCB should just be more transparent about it.

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
Just received my first statement. Find it odd that the statement doesn't show how much cashback is received for each transaction. Dunno why SCB is like this, they just give the total cashback for that statement period. And when i called them to ask, they have to forward to their investigation dept. This is as opposed to the posb everyday card which list down how much cashback received for each transaction.

SCB should just be more transparent about it.

hahaha, every bank is different, ocbc also dun show, all along all scb cc also dun show, hahaha

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ha issit, then must complain to OCBC, be transparent about it, why show for Robsinson card but dun show for Frank, hahaha

Hmm... they make it transparent for a card that is straightforward but lump up rebate for a card that is more prone to disputes.... I foresee OCBC hotline flooded with calls if rebates for Frank/365 become transparent. lol

keniphone

Reaction score
ha issit, then must complain to OCBC, be transparent about it, why show for Robsinson card but dun show for Frank, hahaha

in the statement, the rebate is not shown, however when I check mobile banking, the rebate is shown in detail.

I'm not sure whether in mobile banking, Frank/365 rebates shown or not...

jfdv06.jpg

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in the statement, the rebate is not shown, however when I check mobile banking, the rebate is shown in detail.

I'm not sure whether in mobile banking, Frank/365 rebates shown or not...

jfdv06.jpg

Think Robinson card is unique "Rebates are credited to you immediately, unlike monthly or quarterly for most other cards."

sharang

Reaction score
hahaha, every bank is different, ocbc also dun show, all along all scb cc also dun show, hahaha

Sure, different banks, and perhaps (judging from the comments above) different cards under the same bank, work differently.

The point is that consumers should have the right to know which transaction gives the best cashback. Being transparent helps both the bank and consumers to clear up any misunderstanding.

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure, different banks, and perhaps (judging from the comments above) different cards under the same bank, work differently.

The point is that consumers should have the right to know which transaction gives the best cashback. Being transparent helps both the bank and consumers to clear up any misunderstanding.

Export the transactions into excel and play are with rebate % and you will find out

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use this SCB Singpost card last month and it seems M1 online and Shaw Cinema online are not eligible for 7% rebates. Anyone can confirm?

U need to call them and wait for them to investigate. It happened to me and after like 5 days, they called and asked me for proof. Don't know what they are saying coz the transaction I used BOC and OCBC all no prob except theirs. Gave them the url then they checked for another 3-5 days and called to say will credit back the rebate. Never tell me if it's their mistake or what. So I won't be using this card for that merchant.

I did get rebates for m1 online eg bill payment

SCB got back to me and the CSO told me that both M1 and Shaw are both eligible for rebates. The missing rebates which they will refund me (about $9+ ) are my purchases from Taobao (Alipay). I told them this is huge online shopping website and how come it was excluded? They say they will feedback to their bank.. Guys.. better check your taobao purchases got rebates or not..

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

transparency? not in the bank interest to do that. maybe it is more profitable to earn from the traps than the amount spent on employing cso for the enquiries that can be avoided.

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. May I know when the rebates will be credited? i.e I spent $700 in May. When can I expect the rebate. Thank you very much!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.