SCB SingPost/Spree Card

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
this card got the potential to replace my Citibank SMRT and OCBC Frank...
hahaha, it already replaced my citi smrt and POSB everyday (shengsiong),
I forgot it is based on statement cycle and not calendar mth, hahaha, charged min liao for Feb, need to do it again after statement cycle end, hahaha

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found it odd that the 'local S$' cashback is so little while their overseas spending cashback is huge.

From the SCB online trading thread, we know that their Forex rate is not so favourable.

While they advertise 7% rebate for online transactions like Amazon, the important question is whether their Exchange rate is worse or better than other credit cards.

jentang

Reaction score
Yes the exchange rate is not very good. I used it once on iherb coz I fully utilised my frank and BOC. I think its like 0.02 higher than the other banks' rate. I might be wrong though, better check with those with exact percentage.

I found it odd that the 'local S$' cashback is so little while their overseas spending cashback is huge.

From the SCB online trading thread, we know that their Forex rate is not so favourable.

While they advertise 7% rebate for online transactions like Amazon, the important question is whether their Exchange rate is worse or better than other credit cards.

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
According to the SMRT card terms and conditions, the admin charge for forex is 2.5% (0.8% for DCC) which is the same as for Frank:
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/Citibank_SMRT_Platinum_Visa_Cardmembers_Agreement.pdf
Clause 6.9 (c)

I think the forex rate is determined by VISA not the bank.

Recently the USD has strengthened vs Sing $ so you would think that you have an unfavourable rate but in the few days between transaction date and posting date, the USD rate could have gone up.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to the SMRT card terms and conditions, the admin charge for forex is 2.5% (0.8% for DCC) which is the same as for Frank:
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/Citibank_SMRT_Platinum_Visa_Cardmembers_Agreement.pdf
Clause 6.9 (c)

Recently the USD has strengthened vs Sing $ so you would think that you have an unfavourable rate but in the few days between transaction date and posting date, the USD rate could have gone up.

yap. see last wednesday. there is a spike down for SGD.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clause 6.9 (c)

OCBC is 2.8% and SCB is 3.5% so these 2 banks does have overall worse rate compared to the rest.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Today receive the card, quite disappointed:
1. The new card still no paywave function as my old card, which means I cannot paywave at ntuc n cs, troublesome.
2. Letter t&c mentions: Transactions (insurance, utilities, ezlink n online bill payments) but not limited to are NOT qualifying transactions.
Which means, ezlink topup n pay telco bills will not earn u 7%. I thought the other time saw their site did not exclude these leh?:(

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. The new card still no paywave function as my old card, which means I cannot paywave at ntuc n cs, troublesome.
2. Letter t&c mentions: Transactions (insurance, utilities, ezlink n online bill payments) but not limited to are NOT qualifying transactions.
Which means, ezlink topup n pay telco bills will not earn u 7%. I thought the other time saw their site did not exclude these leh?:(

use OCBC Frank for flashpay ATU and telco bills and some online transaction to get 6% rebate..

use the SCB SingPost strictly for grocerries and Amazon...

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score

Can share the letter? I didn't see it in my package leh. Utilities also no cash back wah lau

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Can share the letter? I didn't see it in my package leh. Utilities also no cash back wah lau

Bro~ I dunno how to upload pic leh...It's 1 piece of A4 letter with subject "Important Information Document for Singpost cc..." When did u receive ur card? How come u don have, is it customized for me only to exclude online bill payment:(

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
I think this is the one..

donBgNW.jpg

But not sure when they say not qualifying transactions, are they referring to points (a) through (d) or only point (d) i.e. the 0.25% rebate

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro~ I dunno how to upload pic leh...It's 1 piece of A4 letter with subject "Important Information Document for Singpost cc..." When did u receive ur card? How come u don have, is it customized for me only to exclude online bill payment:(

I got it last week didn't see this. Sibeh stingy this bank. Exclude until no rebates one. At least frank gives 0.5%.

Now I wondering should I use it to buy phone on SingTel shop or not?

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where does it state "utilities"?

ska13a

Reaction score

so misleading.
online bill should be through scb internet banking

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.