HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

singapore centurion qualification

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

My friend's dad has the card and this guy probably charges between 3+ million SGD on his card annually (business owner, business expenses, etc) and he never got his membership fees (SGD 5000) waived. Not sure how did that "someone" you know managed to get the fees waived.
I also wonder. Some more from what I understand the someone seldom use the card also
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #17

AMEX Platinum is also keeping around 5,000 members
didn't realise the number of members was capped for Platinum
epigram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #18

so these 1500 and 5000 card numbers are just in singapore or worldwide?
wuga98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #19

so these 1500 and 5000 card numbers are just in singapore or worldwide?
Obviously, there are far more Centurion Cards in the world than 1500 (no offense bro, common sense) so this limitation is for Singapore only.

In US, if you can pay annual fees of USD 450, you can get your Platinum Charge Card provided that your credit rating is B+ or above (Equifax score 790+, etc). In Singapore, not many banks check your credit rating (Credit Bureau) in order for them to approve your credit card. Besides, many banks fail to update the Credit Bureau regularly (UOB, DBS, Citibank, never update them, only two banks regularly update the database are Amex and HSBC). You can pull up a report by paying SGD 5.00.
Old 27-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
Master Member

Obviously, there are far more Centurion Cards in the world than 1500 (no offense bro, common sense) so this limitation is for Singapore only.

In US, if you can pay annual fees of USD 450, you can get your Platinum Charge Card provided that your credit rating is B+ or above (Equifax score 790+, etc). In Singapore, not many banks check your credit rating (Credit Bureau) in order for them to approve your credit card. Besides, many banks fail to update the Credit Bureau regularly (UOB, DBS, Citibank, never update them, only two banks regularly update the database are Amex and HSBC). You can pull up a report by paying SGD 5.00.
I was under the impression that banks always check your credit rating when you applied for a card.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was under the impression that banks always check your credit rating when you applied for a card.
procedure wise yes actual fact may not be so xD
goenitz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Once you have Centurion Card, you don't need a DBS Insignia in my honest opinion (unless they throw you, "Sir, we're sorry, we don't accept AMEX." line).
But if you spend this sort of money, the places you go to normally would accept AMEX one way or the other.

http://openflights.org/banner/inix.png
Inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #23

was told by amex today that the spend requirement is S$250k per annum and that there are many people on wait list and the membership is full at the moment so no more invites until there is a slot.
epigram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #24

Once you have Centurion Card, you don't need a DBS Insignia in my honest opinion (unless they throw you, "Sir, we're sorry, we don't accept AMEX." line).
U misread what i meant...i said "the next best"...meaning if u cant qualify for it u can try the DBS card..

was told by amex today that the spend requirement is S$250k per annum and that there are many people on wait list and the membership is full at the moment so no more invites until there is a slot.
Well thats their polite way of telling you that u dont qualify for it...if the Kwek or Ng family or some other's whos who in the top category ask for the centurion card i m sure they will be more than willing to "free up their slots"..haha
marnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
Master Member

heard so much about this card. It's heavier metal!
Old 14-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well thats their polite way of telling you that u dont qualify for it...if the Kwek or Ng family or some other's whos who in the top category ask for the centurion card i m sure they will be more than willing to "free up their slots"..haha
yes indeed.. always case by case basis
avsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.