Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i received the additional 30 cashback for mobile wallet before..will i get another 30 if i use this card for mobile wallet again?:o

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Received a call to send me this cc. I will keep it to use for offline purchases which doesn't qualify for any cashback. Also for some online purchases which are not qualify as online merchant.

mdax23

Reaction score
Received a call to send me this cc. I will keep it to use for offline purchases which doesn't qualify for any cashback. Also for some online purchases which are not qualify as online merchant.

So good ar... existing card holder?

vegavega25

Reaction score
3.5% total, if i'm not wrong. good only if you can charge company expenses to it.

That is just outrageous.

Even cross-border S$ transactions are subject to Standard Chartered's 2.5% fee. That plus 0.8% charged by Visa/MasterCard.

Many other banks charge only the 0.8% Visa/MasterCard fee, and nothing more.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

vegavega25

Reaction score
I think its just 0.8% for S$ cross border, only foreign currency 3.5% total.
https://www.sc.com/sg/credit-cards/notification-updates.html

Interesting. I read it as saying that cross border S$ is also charged the full amount. See this on the same page you have linked to:

"Dynamic Currency Conversion
Singapore Dollar Transactions Processed Overseas

If you enter into Singapore Dollar transactions with: (i) a local merchant that routes its payment processing through an overseas intermediary; or (ii) a merchant that is registered by its acquiring bank (the "Acquirer") as having been acquired overseas, regardless of where the merchant is actually located, such transactions will be subject to a prevailing charge of 0.8% of the relevant transaction amount representing the charge imposed by Visa / MasterCard on the transaction.

In both these cases the transaction is treated as a foreign currency transaction..."

And right before that,

"In addition, all foreign currency transactions (including overseas and online transactions) charged to Visa / MasterCard cards will be subject to: (i) a prevailing charge of 1% of the converted Singapore Dollar amount representing the charge imposed by Visa / MasterCard on the transaction; and (ii) a prevailing fee of 2.5% of the converted Singapore Dollars amount."

So that suggests that the only difference between cross border S$ charge and actual foreign exchange charge is the Visa/Mastercard fee being different - 0.8% in case of former, and 1% in case of latter.

Perhaps one of the other forum members can clarify based on their actual usage of SCB cards? Thanks very much.

ddca

Reaction score
Just received this card this morning ...... when I am alread back from my overseas trip yesterday. Will use the card in June then.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just recv, apply for free $20 ..use for overseas also not bad, 3% cashback + 1.5%, net off e overseas fee still save abit

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the CIMB visa signature for f&b 10%, or the CIMB platinum MasterCard for travel related 10% rebate.

The thing is those two cards' 10% rebate sounds better than it really is. There is a $60 rebate cap per month and you must spend $2,000 during that month to get that 10% on the relevant category. Otherwise it's 0.2% cashback on all purchases.

That means if you max it out to $2,000 exactly, of which $600 is in the 10% category, you only get $62.80 cashback for $2,000 spend which is a 3.14% cashback. It's not shabby, especially since they waive 1.4% admin fee on foreign currency spend, but it's not as spectacular as the 10% rate would suggest.

Uh. Not $2000 lah. should be min $500 which makes up of min 8x$30

wealth_farmer

Reaction score
Apologies, you're right. I mixed it up with the CIMB visa infinite $2,000 monthly spend requirement for the 2% cashback. Totally different cards, my bad. Deleted my erroneous post.

Looks like CIMB visa signature will be my overseas dining card then, for nett 9% cashback.

Uh. Not $2000 lah. should be min $500 which makes up of min 8x$30

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.