Take taxi how to save money?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think uber is out for me as i always cannot get a car. will stick to

now
1. grab taxi + grab3 + cc (uob one, next mth try singpost), trying tml hope wont get 10% extra charge

QUESTION: if use cc, is there any differences in cancellation before taxi arrival?

after hitting uob $500 min spend quota for this mth
2. comfort + fp (frank) + cabrewards + 8trips 1000pts

QUESTION: do i have to use citycab/comfort app to get cabrewards on the fp card i register? can i use grabtaxi?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think uber is out for me as i always cannot get a car. will stick to

now
1. grab taxi + grab3 + cc (uob one, next mth try singpost), trying tml hope wont get 10% extra charge

QUESTION: if use cc, is there any differences in cancellation before taxi arrival?

after hitting uob $500 min spend quota for this mth
2. comfort + fp (frank) + cabrewards + 8trips 1000pts

QUESTION: do i have to use citycab/comfort app to get cabrewards on the fp card i register? can i use grabtaxi?

QUESTION: do i have to use citycab/comfort app to get cabrewards on the fp card i register?*
>> Flag down Comfort Cab from Road is also eligible for Cabreward, as long you present the registered card to the driver before payment.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just thought of another option when I used my NETS FP to pay over the long weekend.

Dash is offering 5% rebate for this whole year on taxi payments. Anyone know if this will stack with other promos from Cabrewards like the 50X Jubilee weekend?

edens_guards

Reaction score
Just thought of another option when I used my NETS FP to pay over the long weekend.

Dash is offering 5% rebate for this whole year on taxi payments. Anyone know if this will stack with other promos from Cabrewards like the 50X Jubilee weekend?

Tested, pay by Dash will not earn cabrewards.

ykeen

Reaction score
can anyone explain how to pay taxi's with Dash?

Ask Comfort/Citicab uncle to press option number 4 on their "ezlink-tapping" terminal..

U sign in dash app just before you ask uncle press option 4..

Then click pay business in ur Dash app.. And see uncle terminal select Dash, what's his Dash id.. And u type in the exact business id in who to pay..

Once successfully paid, uncle's terminal will show approved/paid...And print out receipt for u

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask Comfort/Citicab uncle to press option number 4 on their "ezlink-tapping" terminal..

U sign in dash app just before you ask uncle press option 4..

Then click pay business in ur Dash app.. And see uncle terminal select Dash, what's his Dash id.. And u type in the exact business id in who to pay..

Once successfully paid, uncle's terminal will show approved/paid...And print out receipt for u

so far how is your experience with that? i wonder if the taxi uncle may get stuck somewhere and cannot show mee the dash id. last time many uncles dunno how to use flashpay, and i only got comfortable after a few tries.

anyway i tried using grabtaxi + cc option today, no 10% charge, but somehow grab3 coupon only work once and dun work anymore for me. wonder what is wrong.

Last edited:

ykeen

Reaction score
so far how is your experience with that? i wonder if the taxi uncle may get stuck somewhere and cannot show mee the dash id. last time many uncles dunno how to use flashpay, and i only got comfortable after a few tries.

anyway i tried using grabtaxi + cc option today, no 10% charge, but somehow grab3 coupon only work once and dun work anymore for me. wonder what is wrong.

quite effortless, only need to teach driver what to select..

only problem once the driver selected Dash, their dash ID is abit small like middle or bottom of the handheld terminal.. from passenger seat see its small, would be better if later or displayed on the drivers main LCD screen instead of the handheld..

once you keyed in the dash business ID, you see the amount to pay is auto-populated in ur app, so you are sure that you are paying to the correct ID..

checkout http://www.dash.com.sg/how-it-works.html under "Pay Businesses" and the youtube beside it..

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if im not wrong.. grab3 and sg50 code expired already.. grab4 still can use.

19degC

Reaction score
comfort is still the cheapest.
but if uber and grabtaxi got voucher, then they are cheaper
but if peak hour, uber price surge, then grabtaxi cheaper
if no vouchers, uber driver may play punk/chu pattern to inflate fare but grabtaxi fare is fixed so cannot play punk to inflate fare so cheaper
but uber can use credit card, grabtaxi use cash only.

ykeen

Reaction score
comfort is still the cheapest.
but if uber and grabtaxi got voucher, then they are cheaper
but if peak hour, uber price surge, then grabtaxi cheaper
if no vouchers, uber driver may play punk/chu pattern to inflate fare but grabtaxi fare is fixed so cannot play punk to inflate fare so cheaper
but uber can use credit card, grabtaxi use cash only.

Grabtaxi is starting to implement grabpay and pay via cc.. Think they trying to get drivers to accept it while the option to pay via grabpay is there already

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ tghanks for the explanation . so uber use voucher cheaper, no voucher just flag down comfort cab better ?

lusunshine

Reaction score
I have been using GrabPay for the past 3 months, tested on OCBC Frank Card, it's considered as online transactions and I got the 6% rebate.

benlau1

Reaction score
Anyone downloaded the latest ComfortDelgro App?

Apparently can pay taxi fare via MasterPass e-wallet now...

Then they also copy grabtaxi app now.. can key in code to enjoy discount.. LOL...

But I wonder is there any surcharge paying via Masterpass....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.