Unsuccessful Credit Card Application... WTF?!?!

niea_one

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got rejected by scb via an sms..
called up and speak to a cso and he say he got no answer
on why my application was rejected...
should i resend a new one or wait for another month?

dammad

Master Member
Reaction score
i also kanna reject twice by scb. give cpf reject, give 3 mths pay slip also reject. my annual is higher then the requirements. what they want sia? and it my first application for credit card, all along i only use my debit card. lol

haydentan

Reaction score
just got rejected by scb via an sms..
called up and speak to a cso and he say he got no answer
on why my application was rejected...
should i resend a new one or wait for another month?

My friend's online application was rejected previously n was not successful again via the branch. She was told to resend after 6 months even though her latest pay was more than the requirements.

haydentan

Reaction score
i also kanna reject twice by scb. give cpf reject, give 3 mths pay slip also reject. my annual is higher then the requirements. what they want sia? and it my first application for credit card, all along i only use my debit card. lol

What was the duration between the first rejection to the subsequent application/s?

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for scb, new user or did cancel before?

for those who cancel for their sign up bonus might be affected.

dark_flan

Reaction score
Applied to Citibank, UOB and CIMB during the recent so called PC Show and so far CIMB has informed me that my application is successful and will post me my card soon. The rest so far no news.

evildan

Reaction score
really?

Citibank maintains the only bank that rejects me. I think I got into their black list. Not because of debt, but cos I whack their customer service damn fierce once. :s13:

Me too, Citibank is the ONLY bank that rejected me, for 3 times.

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i get rejected by ALL banks accept for DBS (approve for ANY card DBS has)
and no limit. weird that other banks rejected me, so much so that telemarketers don't believe me that I get rejected. some even CHALLENGE me, and they ALL lost the "bet", my bet was.. if I get approved, I buy them lunch or dinner (any where they want), but if THEY LOOSE, they strike me off their list FOR EVER. :s13:

warboy85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i get rejected by ALL banks accept for DBS (approve for ANY card DBS has)
and no limit. weird that other banks rejected me, so much so that telemarketers don't believe me that I get rejected. some even CHALLENGE me, and they ALL lost the "bet", my bet was.. if I get approved, I buy them lunch or dinner (any where they want), but if THEY LOOSE, they strike me off their list FOR EVER. :s13:

ur income got hit 30k bo

foreseer

Banned
Reaction score
got rejected by stanchart......... i told them to call me back with the reason. and to strike me off their list forever, doesnt matter if i ever got rich or super rich i swear never to bank with stan chart.

dark_flan

Reaction score
Me too, Citibank is the ONLY bank that rejected me, for 3 times.

Citibank not rejected me when I am in employment less than 2 mths but give me so many cards when I nvr request for. I upgraded my Clear card which I had during my schooling days mainly for petrol when I got my first car after I started working a few mths and get another Dividend card since its offer cashback. Clear card is approved but called by CITI for confirmation of my Dividend card and promote me a higher end Rewards card which my income has not met but pretty close. I accepted since its free and eventually all 3 cards are approved. Now this is funny. They sent me Dividend and Rewards cards in Master and Visa version.. WTH. Called them and they are clueless but advised me to keep them since its free and ask me to call them to waive the charges off in future. Now these 2 extra cards keep in drawers as collection. :p Now have UOB, CIMB, POSB, DBS, CITI and only HSBC rejected me. I only started applying all during June..

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
recently the 1.88% promo, SC also said unsuccessful. didnt send the supporting doc coz the guy say can try since i have their manhattan n another card
then ask me to send in, send in mthly form n the next response is rejected. WTF, then call them cant give ans. Email them also no response for call back. ask them if reapply can get the bonus $100, say cannot. then ok lo, i went to withdraw all my $$$ liao. leave < $10 in the acc nia since no need min. now only use the chq/nets facilities for the small disc :s13: coz manhattan card still the best ard :s22::s22::s22:

Kentang

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has any idea how ocbc credit works?

applied for their robinson card & got rejected...

self-employed for more than 5 years.. annual income more than 100k per annum.. no bad credit...

this is a 1st rejection for me, so i'm just wondering why...

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
Strange to hear so many rejections. I always thought applying for credit card is just a formality. I remember when my wife and I started working, we can our credit cards pretty easily. It's like the bank wants you to spend.

GetFuzzy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rejected 2 times for scb cc. first use cpf, second use lstest payslip. both rejected :mad: first time applying cc.. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.