UOB one card

Polba123

Reaction score
Hi i just saw a $200 cash rebate in my uob credit card account when i clicked under rewards (not as a line transaction in my bill), it has an expiry date in 2021. I signed up for the uob one card in early March i think but i cannot remember what was the new to bank promo then. Was this the cash bonus?

Every month from march till May i have spent $2000 over 5 transactions. Does that mean i still have another $300 quarterly cash rebate to be credited to me soon? Will it offset my next bill immediately? Thanks.

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
Hi i just saw a $200 cash rebate in my uob credit card account when i clicked under rewards (not as a line transaction in my bill), it has an expiry date in 2021. I signed up for the uob one card in early March i think but i cannot remember what was the new to bank promo then. Was this the cash bonus?

Every month from march till May i have spent $2000 over 5 transactions. Does that mean i still have another $300 quarterly cash rebate to be credited to me soon? Will it offset my next bill immediately? Thanks.

Normally this rebate will be "earmarked" like what you saw under Reward. This rebate will be shown once you meet the entire quarter spending requirement. It will subsequently be posted at the end of the fourth month. (or the first month of new cycle). I.e: Spending cycle Jan-March, you will see your "pending" Reward beginning of April, and subsequently posted on 30th April.

If you have spent 2k with 5 transaction over the last 3 months, you should see a full $300 in the reward section, not $200. Not sure what is the $200 there, did you somehow fall short of the spending requirement in any of the month that resulted in pro-ration of the remaining months?

Last edited:

Polba123

Reaction score
Normally this rebate will be "earmarked" like what you saw under Reward. This rebate will be shown once you meet the entire quarter spending requirement. It will subsequently be posted at the end of the fourth month. (or the first month of new cycle). I.e: Spending cycle Jan-March, you will see your "pending" Reward beginning of April, and subsequently posted on 30th April.

If you have spent 2k with 5 transaction over the last 3 months, you should see a full $300 in the reward section, not $200. Not sure what is the $200 there, did you somehow fall short of the spending requirement in any of the month that resulted in pro-ration of the remaining months?

Dont think i fall short of the spending requirement. Thanks! Maybe i should just wait for next month to see if there was $300 instead.

Anyone signed up in March 19? I dont rmb the sign up bonus was $100 Grab vouchers until i received uob sms... Thought waa supposed to be cash instead 😅😅

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Havent used this cc for a while. When is the rebate for the quarter credited? Vaguely recall it is just before the next statement.

And is it indicated anywhere that you are expecting a rebate?

yiwei

Reaction score
Dont think i fall short of the spending requirement. Thanks! Maybe i should just wait for next month to see if there was $300 instead.

Anyone signed up in March 19? I dont rmb the sign up bonus was $100 Grab vouchers until i received uob sms... Thought waa supposed to be cash instead 😅😅

It is by each statement must have 2k spending and 5 transactions, did you request to change your statement date to end of the month? if not, there could be some transactions posted in a different statement despite been transacted in the same month.

In any case, I think you could appeal to get the last $100.

happening

Reaction score
For those who frequent Johor there are quite a few places accepting Grabpay - mainly F&B like bubble tea and cafes. But note you need to setup a Malaysia Grabpay wallet.

I just top up RM 20 and UOB charged me $6.77 which the rate is around 2.954 whereas the rate of the money changer in KSL is 3.03. With 10% rebate I think is still worth it.

Every RM 1 spent on grabpay will get 20 grab reward points and it will be accumulated to your existing total reward points in your Singapore wallet. Singapore grabpay is 10 points for every $1 spent.

Last edited:

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who frequent Johor there are quite a few places accepting Grabpay - mainly F&B like bubble tea and cafes. But note you need to setup a Malaysia Grabpay wallet.

I just top up RM 20 and UOB charged me $6.77 which the rate is around 2.92.954 whereas the rate of the money changer in KSL is 3.03. With 10% rebate I think is still worth it.

Every RM 1 spent on grabpay will get 20 grab reward points and it will be accumulated to your existing total reward points in your Singapore wallet. Singapore grabpay is 10 points for every $1 spent.

Can top up Malaysian Wallet by using YouTrip?

CantStopWhining

Reaction score
Anyone knows if using UOB one for bus and train transactions is considered eligible spending to meet the different tiers?

CantStopWhining

Reaction score

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw this. But it's not so clear that's why I'm hesitating to use it. UOB one terms and condition seems to still exclude transitlink. Are these considered transitlink transactions that will be excluded but for the promo, they are giving 5% outside of the regular uob one rebates...?

Simplygo is not transitlink. It is under the usual quarterly rebate.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is good news! Just registered by sending the SMS :)

Don't get tricked by UOB's marketing ploy. Read the tnc
https://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/simplygo-12-free-rides-tnc.pdf

Max rebate capped at $15 in total for physical card (point 6). Capped at $10 per mth (point 3 - 25% of $40). Need to spend $40 on simplygo for each qualifying mth.

Std Chart and HSBC promo is better and simplier. $10 and no min spend.

After I exhast these 2, then I will use UOB to help reach my min spend.

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't get tricked by UOB's marketing ploy. Read the tnc
https://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/simplygo-12-free-rides-tnc.pdf

Max rebate capped at $15 in total for physical card (point 6). Capped at $10 per mth (point 3 - 25% of $40). Need to spend $40 on simplygo for each qualifying mth.

Std Chart and HSBC promo is better and simplier. $10 and no min spend.

After I exhast these 2, then I will use UOB to help reach my min spend.

Well it is the next best after scb, hsbc and dash. Btw can get 25% capped at $18 if made at least 1 trip using samsung/apple/fitbit/google play.

ixoral

Reaction score
This is a good point. Thanks for highlighting! I didn’t catch this midst the mass of words in t&c.

Well it is the next best after scb, hsbc and dash. Btw can get 25% capped at $18 if made at least 1 trip using samsung/apple/fitbit/google play.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.