UOB PRVI Miles Platinum Card

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how bro? i need to find a card for my Europe trip soon... Citi rewards card better than Maybank?

i think best you check with the bank how much would the overseas transaction cost and how do they base on the exchange rates.

Upfront discount > points to me.

so whichever card is cheaper i think i will go for that one :s13:

sleeping

Reaction score
why can't the banks make their card a clear winner? I am refering to UOB and DBS. At least Citibank (Premier Miles), Maybank (Horizon) and HSBC(infinite) have their own niche.

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not possible. All the business in SG follow a certain pattern / standard set by their competitor and wont move too far out of it :p

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why can't the banks make their card a clear winner? I am refering to UOB and DBS. At least Citibank (Premier Miles), Maybank (Horizon) and HSBC(infinite) have their own niche.

Isn't DBS's Altitude Visa better than Citibank PM?

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't DBS's Altitude Visa better than Citibank PM?

u need to spend an average of 2k each mth to make it better.

which in this case wouldnt UOB Miles card beat DBS Altitude Visa since you dont need to hit minimum spending ?? :p

DBS Altitude
For the first S$2,000 spent, you earn 1.2 miles per S$1. For every additional dollar spent in the month, you earn 1.6 miles*! Best of all, your points never expire.

looking at this i really hope someone confirms that spending 2k and above like $2001 = 1.6 miles for all below and not first 2k = 1.2 miles and the $1 after that is 1.6 miles :s13:

Suleyman

Reaction score
u need to spend an average of 2k each mth to make it better.

which in this case wouldnt UOB Miles card beat DBS Altitude Visa since you dont need to hit minimum spending ?? :p

DBS Altitude
For the first S$2,000 spent, you earn 1.2 miles per S$1. For every additional dollar spent in the month, you earn 1.6 miles*! Best of all, your points never expire.

looking at this i really hope someone confirms that spending 2k and above like $2001 = 1.6 miles for all below and not first 2k = 1.2 miles and the $1 after that is 1.6 miles :s13:

It's in the fine print.

The additional 1X DBS point for DBS Altitude Visa Signature Cardmembers' monthly incremental spend above S$2,000 will be computed and awarded based on the Cardmember's statement cycle.

So, first 2k earns 3 DBSpoints/$5 (or 1.2 miles). Next 2k earns 4 DBSpoints.

I will say that UOB Privi Miles beat Altitude Amex, but against Altitude Visa, we go back to the age old argument about how Amex is accepted in less places, etc.

Anyway, I'm hoping this card will shake DBS & Citi a bit and they will improve their offerings for Altitude and Premiermiles. If not, I have submitted my application and am happy to switch. :)

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
I think this card is best used together with the Citi PM as a general-spend Amex/Visa combo. Assuming you probably won't reach $2k on the visa, Citi PM is better than the DBS Altitude.

yantao

Master Member
Reaction score
This card is lacking 2 free Priority Passes and 10k miles upon renewal compared to Citi PM & DBS Altitude (Visa signature series).

ultraman_toh

Reaction score
what about Maybank Horizon? Think it's better than UOB PRVI. Although I must say, the limo transfer to airport is really tempting

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about Maybank Horizon? Think it's better than UOB PRVI. Although I must say, the limo transfer to airport is really tempting

Not for overseas spending. If your bill is > SGD20, you earn more miles than the horizon. eg. @ $24.90, you get 48 miles on Horizon. And you get 50 miles on UOB PRVI.

ultraman_toh

Reaction score

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While uni$ expires in 2 years, tr'eat points doesn't so long u r in the reward infinite programs. $10/year.

So there go. We have a winner. Hee:eek::s12:

If you convert your uni $ to KF miles, its another 3 years. So that makes it 5 years. :o

mariachi

Reaction score
How strict is UOB with their minimum $80k income requirement? I know Citi does not follow it at all..

Arcanell

Reaction score
Not for overseas spending. If your bill is > SGD20, you earn more miles than the horizon. eg. @ $24.90, you get 48 miles on Horizon. And you get 50 miles on UOB PRVI.

You'll pay more for overseas spending on UOB PRVI, due to it being amex. Horizon card shines on air ticket booking, overseas spending, ez-reload and some other 10x rewards partners; Other than that, i keep my everyday local spending to citi PM. :)

ultraman_toh

Reaction score
Oh. there is also a conversion fees of $20 for every transaction. But the limo transfer to airport is attractive... dammm..

Suleyman

Reaction score

Maybank Horizon is only better in that
a) it's a Visa, so accepted at more places
b) it earns 2 miles/$ for air tickets, higher than the 1.6 miles/$ you get with UOB PRVI (unless u buy tickets in foreign currency, in which case, UOB PRVI gets you more at 2.5 miles/$
c) it is rounded to the nearest $, so good for small foreign transactions, such as iTunes (your 99c apps), whereas UOB PRVI is rounded down to nearest $5 (99c apps would not get you any points).
d) Maybank Visa charges less commission than Amex cards

Other than that, UOB PRVI is better. TBH, the limo transfer is not a big deal. There are other cards which offer similar or better benefits.

You'll pay more for overseas spending on UOB PRVI, due to it being amex. Horizon card shines on air ticket booking, overseas spending, ez-reload and some other 10x rewards partners; Other than that, i keep my everyday local spending to citi PM.

Horizon earns 2 miles per $ on overseas charges. UOB PRVI earns 2.5 miles. Eg, $20 overseas charges gives you 40 miles with Horizon, but 50 miles with UOB PRVI.

On a flat comparison, neither is absolutely better than the other. You can either have both (& enjoy the best of both worlds) or just pick one.

Against the Citi PM for local spending, I would say the UOB PRVI is just about better in almost all regards (except that it is an Amex). Unless Citi matches the 1.6 miles, I will be moving my local spends to UOB PRVI.

Oh. there is also a conversion fees of $20 for every transaction. But the limo transfer to airport is attractive... dammm..

I am curious why you would think so. I mean it depends on where you stay, and the time of your flight, of course, but that's a $30 benefit. Depending on how often you travel, it may not even be a big deal. It's not enough to convince me to switch my air ticket charges to UOB PRVI, when I could earn more points/miles from my Horizon.

(Besides, I already get free limo transfer to the airport from another card. ;)

Last edited:

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think Citi Rewards CC is the best for shopping (local or overseas) @ 10x

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.