HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

UOB sucks!!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

UOB sucks!!

Insist must use phone banking to get cc waiver. After one wk no confirmation so i called again. After another wk still nothing.

Called & spoke to staff & they said waiver rejected. Thanks for NOT telling me!

So i told her to cancel the card. Received letter confirming card cancelled. Then now i receive statement saying cc fee + late charge. WTF??!! Card was cancelled but annual fee not waived?

Called again to fark them & the guy blamed it on the lady saying she didnít arrange for fee waiver prior to cancelling.

Well done!!!
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #2

lousy bank... i've boycott and cut all service with uob since N years ago
Supersen and zack14 like this.
sharinganez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Wow, uob system so lousy? Heard of such incidents before so I always share with them to the cso when I cancel the cards. Many told me their system won't allow them to cancel card without waiving annual fees so my worries are unfounded.
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #4

Just put the phone and try calling again untill you find a helpful CSO
KeNshEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #5

Angry Worst Local Bank

YUP! I cancelled ALL my banking relationships with them (except for housing loan). I had been a customer for many years, and I used to spend more than 100k every year with them in the past several years, and I didn't owe them anything.

One fine day, they came up with some bureaucratic nonsense which caused a lot of inconvenience on my part (they lost my mail and gave me conflicting information). I gave them an ultimatum saying if they couldn't get their act together, please cancel my card. They proceeded to cancel without hesitation. No apologies, no call, nothing. Fine by me. I proceeded to cancel all my other accounts with them.

THEN after about 2 weeks, one of their staff called me, asking me if I would consider re-activating my account with them. Obviously the answer was a big fat NO.

"Right By You" my foot.
continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:17 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

i hate calling UOB customer hotline, all their staffs are as rude as hell.

lucky i cancelled all my cards and account with them long ago.
|||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 08:38 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

called UOB and withdraw it since i hardly use LOL
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #8

Don understand why service can be so bad since they are one of the big banks around in Asia, esp in Singapore
saggice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #9

YUP! I cancelled ALL my banking relationships with them (except for housing loan). I had been a customer for many years, and I used to spend more than 100k every year with them in the past several years, and I didn't owe them anything.

One fine day, they came up with some bureaucratic nonsense which caused a lot of inconvenience on my part (they lost my mail and gave me conflicting information). I gave them an ultimatum saying if they couldn't get their act together, please cancel my card. They proceeded to cancel without hesitation. No apologies, no call, nothing. Fine by me. I proceeded to cancel all my other accounts with them.

THEN after about 2 weeks, one of their staff called me, asking me if I would consider re-activating my account with them. Obviously the answer was a big fat NO.

"Right By You" my foot.
Wait till you kenna from OCBC..........
Compose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 02:00 PM   #10

Insist must use phone banking to get cc waiver. After one wk no confirmation so i called again. After another wk still nothing.

So i told her to cancel the card. Received letter confirming card cancelled. Then now i receive statement saying cc fee + late charge. WTF??!! Card was cancelled but annual fee not waived?

Called again to fark them & the guy blamed it on the lady saying she didnít arrange for fee waiver prior to cancelling.

Well done!!!

song bo

im getting $300 from one card every quarter
Yachtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #11

Well done!!!
Then this will affect the rating in the credit bureau. That happened to me from uob last time. They said they waived the sub fee but left me a bad credit rating. Damn pissed with them as I dun get this from other banks.
haydentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:17 AM   #12

Then this will affect the rating in the credit bureau. That happened to me from uob last time. They said they waived the sub fee but left me a bad credit rating. Damn pissed with them as I dun get this from other banks.
how do u know they left bad rating?
Pinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:32 AM   #13
Master Member

Happened to me too. They closed my card account with outstanding cos the annual fee wasn't waived before closing. But I don't have problem getting credit cards and don't need terrific rating so I just left it be.

DBS also regularly posted that I didn't make payment in full even though I go by giro
hyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #14
High Supremacy Member

DBS also regularly posted that I didn't make payment in full even though I go by giro
If its me i will demand a written apology stating they made a mistake about partial payments since im on giro.

Whether affects credit rating or not is besides the point. If i pay on time & in full monthly, i donít expect the CC issuer to lie & say otherwise else iíll sue for slander.

I would even report to MAS & post all over social media so they wake the hell up.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #15

Was it so hard? Got immediate fee waiver thru these steps. Google is your friend.

Call 1800-222-2121 (Singapore) or 65-6222-2121 (Overseas)
Select language and hold the line for point 3.
Enter NRIC or Credit Card number.
Press 1 to confirm.
Press 4 to leave contact details for fee waiver.
Press 1 for credit card fee waiver.
Press 1 for membership fee waiver.
marcho21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.