HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

UOB thieves

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

UOB thieves

People check your Uob statements regularly!

My uni$ was “expired”/“deducted” without giving any notice (the usual notification on their statements under expiring column and expiration date). Deduction was not for membership fees if u guys are wondering.

Zero integrity, and refused to reinstate them. One day your $ might just disappear n they can say sorry there is nothing they can do.

Avoid UOB like a plague
joanie_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #2

can u do a favor?
two image of the rewards table, one is before and one is after

its better to see how they unknown deduct so we learn the trick
billa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Already stop accumulating points since:
- They can suka2 inflate the price of redemption points required (happened to me once, up 20% suddenly)
- Can be hold hostage for renewal of annual fee / auto deduct
- Some of them has expiry date
mikezuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
Master Member

They clawed back a ton of points from me without notice. I had to call and call for months before someone got back to tell me they clawed back cos some of my transactions not eligible. I told them want to cancel the card they told me they will help to appeal to reinstate the points. Then after that called me and said MY APPEAL NOT SUCCESSFUL.

Pui. Cancelled all my cards with them and never looked back. They don't have good products anyway.
hyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

I was deeply regretted after open a PB account with them as they are very greedy and slapped me with all sorts of hidden fees and charges for custody of some securities, some of these can be waived off but took a long time (took months) after raising requests to RM.

I have the same securities under custody under other local banks and they do not charge anything.
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 03:40 PM   #6

So far i found UOB is the easier to consolidate point since point given directly at the time it is posted in internet banking (for UOB PPV and UOB PRVI), for UOB Visa Signature also very easy..just sum total spend for single statement/5 * 9

Compare with DBS,HSBC ,and OCBC who always give point after some period, UOB is easier in my opinion to check
laurent_rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

UNI$ is on 2 years expiry.
HSBC points is 3 years expiry.
Maybank 1 year expiry.
DBS depends on card.

You have to keep track on your own and redeem before expiry.
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

My uni$ was “expired”/“deducted” without giving any notice (the usual notification on their statements under expiring column and expiration date). Deduction was not for membership fees if u guys are wondering.

Zero integrity, and refused to reinstate them. One day your $ might just disappear n they can say sorry there is nothing they can do.

Avoid UOB like a plague
Not only cards....accounts also....dormant account below minimum sum....happily just deduct...within their T&C but at least OCBC sends me a letter reminding me of my dormant account.UOB nothing.

I am also staying clear of UOB.
Xcert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #9

2years expiry but they have a column which tells you number of points “expiring” in the next 3 months or what right? They did not show that in the 1yr statements preceding the deduction they made. On the statement they deduct, they just have a comment “expired points” = xxxx. Basically they gave me no time to redeem my points.

I don’t check my statements that regularly because I setup my banking acct to auto giro payments to my cards.

And when I called them, they “appealed” unsuccessfully, saying nothing can be done.

UNI$ is on 2 years expiry.
HSBC points is 3 years expiry.
Maybank 1 year expiry.
DBS depends on card.

You have to keep track on your own and redeem before expiry.
Old 24-01-2018, 08:54 PM   #10

Basically we are liable to check for them Suka Suka deduct points from our acct. if we didn’t catch that then too bad. And in this case, caught it, but they refuse to acknowledge.

To me my points are as good as $ which Uob is liable to me. So if they take away my $, would I feel angry?

We are at the losing end because end of the day, we cannot chalk up say $500 on the card and don’t pay. They will blacklist our credit bureau records and send us legal letters. On hindsight we wouldn’t sue them for few hundred dollars worth of points they deduct.
Old 24-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Avoid UOB like a plague
How can you said UOB thieves ?
No report to police catch the thief ?
Old 24-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #12

2years expiry but they have a column which tells you number of points “expiring” in the next 3 months or what right? They did not show that in the 1yr statements preceding the deduction they made. On the statement they deduct, they just have a comment “expired points” = xxxx. Basically they gave me no time to redeem my points.

I don’t check my statements that regularly because I setup my banking acct to auto giro payments to my cards.

And when I called them, they “appealed” unsuccessfully, saying nothing can be done.
I have appealed for expired points before. I was told expired points within a period of days I can't remember can be reinstated. However, the condition is I have to make a redemption first and call in again to reinstate the expired points to my account. Therefore, it will only work if you have enough unexpired points to recover your expired points.

UOB has an unreasonable fee waiver policy though. Late fee and interest charge on the main card are automatically waived upon request but interest on sup cards are not. Need to call in and chase for it again.
bluetwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 11:07 PM   #13
High Supremacy Member

Scared pts will expire?!?!? Use citi premier
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 11:33 PM   #14

While I sympathize with you, you said that you don't check your statements regularly because you are on GIRO....
You really should check to make sure the transactions are right (no fraudulent transactions) and of course, to check for points expiring...
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 12:42 AM   #15

If lazy to check and track points expiry, better to just stick to cash rebate cards. Should still make an effort to check if rebate received each month is correct, just that it won't accumulate and expire due to inaction to redeem.
Jazzbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.