HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Youtrip (Pay overseas with no fees) DO NOT ask or post referral

Like Tree167Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #3226

Hi. I’m a new user to YouTrip.

Has anyone contacted youtrip before? I have emailed them already.

Problem: 1. I had topped up using my credit card but it is not reflected in the balance though it states successful TOP up.
2. There was a free 5SGD that I tried to convert to JPY and again it states successful but nothing appears to have changed in my balances in youtrip.

I cannot wait for a response that is so slow. Anyway to call them?
beez83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #3227
Master Member

Youtrip can use in sg retail? Paywave?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
moisuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #3228

Can it be used to buy ringgit currency ?
Dream catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #3229
Supremacy Member

Youtrip can use in sg retail? Paywave?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
can use at any merchant that accept mastercard
sacredrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #3230

Does this youtrip card auto select whichever foreign currency I am in when shopping online without extra charges?

If I go to a China website... Then the website charge as SGD with their own conversion rate, and I manually change to YUAN, this youtrip card will auto charge Yuan using MasterCard wholesale exchange rate?

Last edited by leungchunghong; 01-12-2019 at 05:49 PM..
leungchunghong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #3231

How to use youtrip while traveling in overseas, need convert to the country currency first? If yes, how to convert?
Jimmy1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:11 PM   #3232

Does this youtrip card auto select whichever foreign currency I am in when shopping online without extra charges?

If I go to a China website... Then the website charge as SGD with their own conversion rate, and I manually change to YUAN, this youtrip card will auto charge Yuan using MasterCard wholesale exchange rate?
Youtrip will use Mastercard exchange rate. Some online retailers and foreign brick & mortar shops will convert the transactions to SGD if your cards are issued in Singapore. This is known as Dynamic Currency Conversion(DCC). Avoid DCC at all cost, credit cards/banks(not youtrip) will add in 1% more for SGD transaction processed overseas and you also get lousy exchange rates.

Online retailers like Amazon, Aliexpress & Asos allow you to change the currencies on check out.
Tiger9119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #3233

How to use youtrip while traveling in overseas, need convert to the country currency first? If yes, how to convert?
You have the options to let Youtrip to convert or you can convert in advance for currencies like USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, HKD, AUD, NZD, CHF & SEK. For other currencies, you cannot change in advance.

You can exchange thru the app.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:44 PM   #3234

You have the options to let Youtrip to convert or you can convert in advance for currencies like USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, HKD, AUD, NZD, CHF & SEK. For other currencies, you cannot change in advance.

You can exchange thru the app.
Meaning to say if I top up an amount and when I m in Thailand I can just produce the card to use to pay in thb? Assuming my balance in sgd is sufficient for the charged amount. No need to convert since it is not one of the currencies in the option to convert.
Imhthc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 PM   #3235

Meaning to say if I top up an amount and when I m in Thailand I can just produce the card to use to pay in thb? Assuming my balance in sgd is sufficient for the charged amount. No need to convert since it is not one of the currencies in the option to convert.
Correct, as long as you have enough credit in your wallets, in any one of the 10 currencies. For example, if you do not have enough credit in SGD wallet and you have credit in USD, the THB transaction will be deducted from both. Just make sure you have internet access when topping up while overseas.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #3236
Supremacy Member

Correct, as long as you have enough credit in your wallets, in any one of the 10 currencies. For example, if you do not have enough credit in SGD wallet and you have credit in USD, the THB transaction will be deducted from both. Just make sure you have internet access when topping up while overseas.
So I donít have to convert to nzd before I withdraw from nzd bank? Any pro and cons?
cReDdY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #3237
Arch-Supremacy Member

So I donít have to convert to nzd before I withdraw from nzd bank? Any pro and cons?
Unless you know nzd will increase in value, better not convert. Convert already then likely will have leftover nzd which is hard to spend completely and if convert back to sgd incur another conversion rate loss.
cpuer likes this.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #3238

For ATM cash withdrawal overseas, Youtrip/Revolut will have different exchange rate?

Or will have same ATM exchange rate set by the overseas bank?
blueG77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #3239
Arch-Supremacy Member

For ATM cash withdrawal overseas, Youtrip/Revolut will have different exchange rate?

Or will have same ATM exchange rate set by the overseas bank?
different rates. the rates are set by revolut and youtrip, not by the overseas bank. when doing withdrawal overseas, eg. in japan, you need to withdraw in yen, not sing$. if you withdraw in sing$, then the overseas bank will use their conversion rate + fees.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #3240

So I don’t have to convert to nzd before I withdraw from nzd bank? Any pro and cons?
You can even convert to the exact NZD amount you needed by adjusting the SGD amount until you get the correct NZD you needed. If you don't convert in advance, Youtrip will use Mastercard exchange rates. Most of the times, Mastercard exchange rates are a little better.

Last edited by Tiger9119; 03-12-2019 at 10:32 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.