HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to make HDB do something regarding noisy and selfish neighbour?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #76
Arch-Supremacy Member

hdb's reply
Dear Mr Koh

Inconsiderate pounding heart at this hour.

We refer to your feedback on noise nuisance.

Upon receiving your feedback, our Technical Officer interviewed your neighbors above. As we live in an environment where various households are in close proximity to one another we seek their understanding to be more considerate and conversely, more tolerant to their neighbors.

Our Officer could not detect the unit that is rearing more than 1 dog during the inspection.

We hope that the situation improves for you and your family.Dear Mr Koh

Inconsiderate pounding heart at this hour.

We refer to your feedback on noise nuisance.

Upon receiving your feedback, our Technical Officer interviewed your neighbors above. As we live in an environment where various households are in close proximity to one another we seek their understanding to be more considerate and conversely, more tolerant to their neighbors.

Our Officer could not detect the unit that is rearing more than 1 dog during the inspection.

We hope that the situation improves for you and your family.
things nv improved......, so i sent a friendly email to the officer

Dear Wee Lian,

It has been half a year since the last feedback was sent and to-date, the situation has not improved at all. On the contrary, it had gotten worst, the noise created by the neighbour upstairs was the worst during the school hol...idays when children running from morning till way past midnight and this has certainly disrupt my family's rest. I think we have been trying to be very tolerant here (if you noticed I have not sent any more mails since the last time you replied me). It would be very unfair for me if I have to keep tolerating and the situation worsened to the point that we are having a severe lack of rest, especially during the weekends. Everyone in this block paid the same amount of Conservancy bills, the same property tax and what not, but why am I subjected to such acts of inconsideration? I wasn't even asking for alot, all I want was just some peace we can enjoy after a hard day's work.......

My wife and I are certainly more willing than not to tolerate but we really hope the noise can be kept to a minimal after 10:30pm, we sincerely implore HDB to interview the neighbour upstairs and to get them to be more considerate.
The noise generated from the children and their dog has really been giving us endless headache and we can't move out of this home since we need to fulfill the MOP.

P/S: The neighbour living opposite me has 4 kids and they don't come close to the one upstairs in terms of noise level. If you would like to have a feel of the inconsiderate acts, I welcome you to stay at my place for 2 days, with free lodging and free food thrown in for good measure.
in my desperation, i sent an email to AVA
Hi there,

As I have not received any feedback from HDB on the incessant barking from the dog living above, I hope this is the right avenue I can approach. I'm really at my wits' end, putting up with the barking from the dog. This morning was the last straw when I was woken up by the barking and could not get back to sleep. I implore AVA to help us do something about this problem as my wife and I are having insufficient rest and culminated in us having migraines or taking medical leave from work.

My wife and my work have been affected as a result and we hope something can be done to the dog above. Thank you.
immediately, AVA took action and paid the neighbour a visit and gave a verbal warning. The officer called me n ask me to call him on his mobile if things nv improve. however, the situation has a new twist, dog had kinda bark within bearable limits, but their kids are taking over n i cant call AVA to put their kids to sleep ....
Pred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

very difficult to record the noise created by the kids as the recordings sounded muffled and nothing compared to what me n my wife are experiencing. we managed to record the dog's singing though. this is only the more bearable one, will try to post the sound recordings taken with my iphone soon.
Old 27-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #78

The Son of a bit*h run almost anytime of the day.
Yes what i did is use ear plug and curse them everyday.
Really hope the whole family die

But the thing is, why their problem have become my problem?
Before they move in everything is fine.
I dont hate them, i just want them to die
Everyday the only thing i was hopping was the kid cross the road and got run down by a big bus together with the CB father.
Or he fell off his flat and die.

curse here kpkb for wat?

got balls curse directly to them lah.
Don't be pus5y hiding behind keyboard kpkb in forum

Last edited by rhizopus; 27-05-2011 at 11:48 PM..
rhizopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #79
Arch-Supremacy Member

curse here kpkb for wat?

got balls curse directly to them lah.
Don't be pus5y hiding behind keyboard kpkb in forum
I curse in front of him and he threaten to chop me with a chopper and i waited for him. The F**ker dont dare to chop me.
BTW Small boy hope u kana the same situation as me, CB kia
If u dont like my thread, get out of it.

Last edited by chase79; 11-06-2011 at 06:15 PM..
chase79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

chase79, has ur situation improved? i've sent email after email n even with LHL in the CC list, things have nv improved 1 bit. i'm uploading all the videos i've taken today and will continue to do so until 1 day, the dog or the kids get culled.
Old 25-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

Last edited by Pred2; 25-06-2011 at 04:02 PM..
Old 23-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #82

Hi there, I have been having issues with my neighbours upstairs and I am really fed up. They basically make noise at night, stomping and dropping things and moving furniture late into the night.

It has been 2+ freakin years and there has been no proper resolution.

I have created a Facebook page and I hope all of you on this thread can help like the page.

http://www.facebook.com/SingaporeNoisyNeighbours

By clicking 'like' it does not necessarily mean that you have a neighbour problem. It simply means that you support the need for a law to protect residents in Singapore from such issues.

We are a first world country but with seemingly third world grace, and it is surprising that we can be banning chewing gum, creating smoking corners and catching vehicles with modified exhausts because they are deemed 'dangerous' but we cannot protect ourselves from inconsiderate neighbours in our densely packed environment.
Old 19-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #83

bro sell sure can sell just dont do viewing at 4 to 5am...when the kid running around...

i know how u feel i hate these kind of #$%^ker i also kena same thing in the end shifted out lan ian...cos those f#$%ker....ah beng ah seng...want to talk must open table type....sianz........only thing can use ear plug...take sleeping tablet and curse them until no more bad word to curse...
That must be very hard on u I myself am suffering in silence too nw
Birthstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #84

Very hard to do something about this ... sadly
tapiocamypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 12:12 AM   #85

Very hard to do something about this ... sadly
Surely there must be a way. Why doesn't HDB make it known in news or sth that this is ongoing issue and neighbors need to be well educated?

How do u resolve ur issues
Birthstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #86

No choice, have to keep trying to talk to HDB or your MP.
Rayan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #87

Is it the design of HDB flats being too closely packed poor noise insulation that is also part of the problem? Also coolie genes is part of the problem that one without doubt...
surfmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #88
Arch-Supremacy Member

No wonder alot of people want to buy the most highest unit whenever they can nowadays...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT
Laoyeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #89

But really highest unit got less noise from neighbours?

No wonder alot of people want to buy the most highest unit whenever they can nowadays...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT
Hui Xian Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #90

Hi, we're facing a extreme confused situation. We're staying in this new bto flat for almost 3 yrs & we're staying to TOP floor. Been hearing strange noise for more than 2+yrs times. Those noise are humming+knocking, sound like humm..... then click knock. It started every evening time to late 1 to 2am then stop, started again around 4am until 7-8 morning. Sometime we can hear it at the lift area now then discover that noise are actually from lift itself. But it's weird that the sounds can be heard although we're away from lift area and volume is adjustable, something softer something louder, like someone is controlling it. Strange part is while closing all our doors and windows, the noise is louder than outside. We're suspected my downstair neighbor is the cause of those noise, bcos while we flash toilet in the midnight after a while the noise started again. We even heard stomping and dropping things totally was like in our unit but we're all sitting in the sofa watching TV, remind you all again, we are living in TOP floor. Getting more weird is this few weeks, we can hear soft bass knocking sound surrounding our living and bedrooms whole days and nights, and again the sounds is adjustable. My question is if it's from my downstair neighbor, how will they able to do that? Are they facing loudspeaker to us? Are they not affected? They're like very 'careful' neighbor, avoiding and hiding, scare someone will complain against them. Anyone can help to solve?
Ttan369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.