I owe Singaporeans a responsibility' to get foreign worker balance right: PM Lee

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they want more and more foreginers who in turn to compete with us, then we need more and more opposition who in turn to compete with them, fair and square right? Have a feel of how the commoners are feeling.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u all got read properly?

he say nurses, road sweepers are PMETs. he say sinkies scared these jobs will be taken by foreigners.

there u have it. we study degree to be road sweeper.

wonderful. this PM is jin power.

greenbubble

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He stopped short of saying "Singaporean first" for jobs.
"I owe Singaporeans a responsibility" sound empty and meaningless.

berieng

Reaction score
Sigh... election is really coming...
This is the period where ppl will start to reflect...

cuppa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont need to explain. step aside. let ltk show you how its done.

Beh-Hawk

Banned
Reaction score
so the question is, how much do u believe??

and someone please explain the new ceca agreement with india too

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its good to welcome mncs to set up shop here. the mistake they made was to allow these companies to hire too many FTs into their companies.

instead they should ensure that is a Singapore core is the majority while the rest can be FTs. those who work at changi business park will know i am driving at. I do not believe Singaporeans do not have the skills to take on those roles.

We have the track record of being a stable govt. That is a strong bargaining chip to negotiate with these mncs to ensure their hiring policies are in our favor while providing them opportunities to still make a decent profit.

I am referring to white collar pmets not the blue collar workers who are needed in other sectors.

Reaction score
its good to welcome mncs to set up shop here. the mistake they made was to allow these companies to hire too many FTs into their companies.

instead they should ensure that is a Singapore core is the majority while the rest can be FTs. those who work at changi business park will know i am driving at. I do not believe Singaporeans do not have the skills to take on those roles.

We have the track record of being a stable govt. That is a strong bargaining chip to negotiate with these mncs to ensure their hiring policies are in our favor while providing them opportunities to still make a decent profit.

I am referring to white collar pmets not the blue collar workers who are needed in other sectors.

Your point is moot since SG signed CECA and signed her rights away.

Genome123

Master Member
Reaction score

Best summary, that is where our lhl literally screwed up, never ensure and leash those big honcho coys.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

in this address by pinoy lee, he totally ignored the PMETs. hes understanding of PMETs are road sweepers. and we are complaining about these road sweepers.

i dunno whats wrong with this guy. seriously. we like talking to duck, or is this duck acting only?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they want more and more foreginers who in turn to compete with us, then we need more and more opposition who in turn to compete with them, fair and square right? Have a feel of how the commoners are feeling.
Yes, give them cheaper , faster , better. just like us. More competition to keep them on their toes and working hard :)

Reaction score
in this address by pinoy lee, he totally ignored the PMETs. hes understanding of PMETs are road sweepers. and we are complaining about these road sweepers.

i dunno whats wrong with this guy. seriously. we like talking to duck, or is this duck acting only?

You don't get it do you? He signed CECA, so his hands are tied and he can't do a thing about it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.