Sharuu

Hi, what about the money? Did you return to them?

Lol. No need la! If you wanna be too honest about it also, they will somehow make you return a bigger amount and then make you transfer it to another debtor's account number. Then you implicate yourself.

Unless you very free and want to find your ah long and pass him the money under his door in a nice ang pow...like that, you might as well offer to babysit his children while he goes to work terrorizing other people.

Just take the money, close account, call police, block them and STOP TRANSFERRING MONEY. I will make this into a catchy music video soon.

Jjlin1205

Stop paying! Have you spoken to your neighbours? What did the note say? If anything, they would be the best people to chat to about suspicious characters.

Also, I recently went to a Town Council meeting even though my ah longs haven't done anything to me yet (touch wood). I was told there are around 50k debtors in Singapore and thousands of unlicensed money lenders. Statistically, that's about 50 debtors to one UML, so that should give you an idea of the debtor turnover rate. I gathered that the possibility of them terrorizing a debtor has a lot to do with amount owed, and the debtor's likelihood of borrowing again. Because it means that the debtor has cash flow/gambling problem. Otherwise, their attacks appear to be arbitrary in nature. So IN THEORY, without doing anything illegal, people can actually borrow a reasonable sum of money (between 2-4k) with absolutely no recourse to the UML if it is defaulted. And it won't make economical sense for the UML to spend money to harass you if you defaulted on a loan of that amount. IN THEORY, if more people borrowed that amount of money from UMLs and defaulted, we could actually take down that arm of their network. Because life is a Die Hard franchise...

Having said that, I just installed a camera outside my house. You want contact details?

P.S. Obviously, I'm not encouraging people to involve themselves with UML. I like to think people who come to this website are capable of high level thinking even if we were silly enough to borrow from loansharks.

Just stay low profile lo..the ah long also not stupid la..they also high level too..like u say one ah long got 50 customer..even if 10% mia.they still can suck the remaining 90% dry..

kittymeow12

Lol. No need la! If you wanna be too honest about it also, they will somehow make you return a bigger amount and then make you transfer it to another debtor's account number. Then you implicate yourself.

Unless you very free and want to find your ah long and pass him the money under his door in a nice ang pow...like that, you might as well offer to babysit his children while he goes to work terrorizing other people.

Just take the money, close account, call police, block them and STOP TRANSFERRING MONEY. I will make this into a catchy music video soon.

I'm so scared. They have my office number and my address. Today they are asking me to transfer $500 to repay the $250 they gave me last week

Sharuu

I'm so scared. They have my office number and my address. Today they are asking me to transfer $500 to repay the $250 they gave me last week

Have you closed your bank account?

Block them and try staying by your office phone the next couple days. Warn your colleagues that they should be expecting idiot calls because you lost your ID or something and prep them to tell the callers that they will call the police.

Have you made a police report? If you haven't, do it now. If you have, I suggest you try to come home from work early today, spend time with the family, have a glass of wine with the free ah long money and chill out.

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY TO THEM.

kittymeow12

Have you closed your bank account?

Block them and try staying by your office phone the next couple days. Warn your colleagues that they should be expecting idiot calls because you lost your ID or something and prep them to tell the callers that they will call the police.

Have you made a police report? If you haven't, do it now. If you have, I suggest you try to come home from work early today, spend time with the family, have a glass of wine with the free ah long money and chill out.

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY TO THEM.

I have closed my bank account and have reported to the police. If I do not transfer them the money back what are the things they will do? How long till the harassment will stop? Will they do anything with the information the have from me. Like my IC and all? I have alerted my workplace regarding this.

Sharuu

I have closed my bank account and have reported to the police. If I do not transfer them the money back what are the things they will do? How long till the harassment will stop? Will they do anything with the information the have from me. Like my IC and all? I have alerted my workplace regarding this.

They will send you messages and videos, threaten to do this and that, one of mine sends unintelligible voice messages. Then they will send the same to next of kins numbers, which you have provided. Warn them also.

Your info, I'm assuming they put it on some ah long bulletin board. Feel free to imagine how they categorize the details they have. I think they colour code with post its, yellow being least priority and red is BBQ DOOR 2NITE LOL. Based on your amount, you're probably yellow.

Hard to say when it will stop. They rely on your fear to run their operations. The last message I got from them was on Saturday, and that's when they first contacted my next of kins too. I haven't blocked them because I want to have a record of what they send me, but I haven't opened their messages. If you haven't blocked them and you are communicating via Whatsapp, would be an idea to delete the individual messages you sent on the chat before blocking.

Also, please bear in mind that most of the frightening videos of front doors being burned down are from years ago and the cases have already been solved. Based on readily available news reports, SPF takes an average of 3-4 days to apprehend culprits. Also based on news reports, the last such incident occurred on 11th May, with the culprit taken down less than 24 hours after. Before this, it happened way back in January, with the culprits apprehended three days after incident. There was also a reported island wide raid couple days ago which saw over 100 people being detained. Of course, mostly debtors, which is why, you should quickly make a police report so you don't end up like one of these people. I also notice the raids are happening more frequently.

But again, this is all general info only. As a precaution, just alert your neighbours and friends and family.

Whatever happens, DO NOT TRANSFER ANYTHING TO THEM. All the best.

kittymeow12

They will send you messages and videos, threaten to do this and that, one of mine sends unintelligible voice messages. Then they will send the same to next of kins numbers, which you have provided. Warn them also.

Your info, I'm assuming they put it on some ah long bulletin board. Feel free to imagine how they categorize the details they have. I think they colour code with post its, yellow being least priority and red is BBQ DOOR 2NITE LOL. Based on your amount, you're probably yellow.

Hard to say when it will stop. They rely on your fear to run their operations. The last message I got from them was on Saturday, and that's when they first contacted my next of kins too. I haven't blocked them because I want to have a record of what they send me, but I haven't opened their messages. If you haven't blocked them and you are communicating via Whatsapp, would be an idea to delete the individual messages you sent on the chat before blocking.

Also, please bear in mind that most of the frightening videos of front doors being burned down are from years ago and the cases have already been solved. Based on readily available news reports, SPF takes an average of 3-4 days to apprehend culprits. Also based on news reports, the last such incident occurred on 11th May, with the culprit taken down less than 24 hours after. Before this, it happened way back in January, with the culprits apprehended three days after incident. There was also a reported island wide raid couple days ago which saw over 100 people being detained. Of course, mostly debtors, which is why, you should quickly make a police report so you don't end up like one of these people. I also notice the raids are happening more frequently.

But again, this is all general info only. As a precaution, just alert your neighbours and friends and family.

Whatever happens, DO NOT TRANSFER ANYTHING TO THEM. All the best.

Hi, My mom just told me to transfer the money back cause don’t want them to harass our house. Many small kids. Aft transfer $500 then block them everywhere but right now I’m asking them for their account and they didn’t reply.

Sharuu

Hi, My mom just told me to transfer the money back cause don’t want them to harass our house. Many small kids. Aft transfer $500 then block them everywhere but right now I’m asking them for their account and they didn’t reply.

Okay, I think I haven't made myself clear.

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY.

The harassment has no correlation to the amount of money you return. Your willingness to return does. And right now, you're demonstrating this to them. Someone said earlier on this forum that they don't care about getting 400$ out of a 200$ loan. What they want is to get 10,000$ from a 200$ loan. It's not about the amount of money. It's about the price you have put on your fear.

I suspect they've gone missing now because they will come back to you later this evening to say, oh you need to defer, can't close your account because this, that and the other. The whole thing is a scam. There is no contract and your "account" will never "close".

Second thing, if you pay them back, the money is simply going to another debtor's bank account. This makes you a potential criminal and interferes with existing investigations.

I'm sure the police must have told you to block and don't pay anymore, so just stick to those instructions.

Jjlin1205

If they never reply u.block them lo..

kittymeow12

Okay, I think I haven't made myself clear.

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY.

The harassment has no correlation to the amount of money you return. Your willingness to return does. And right now, you're demonstrating this to them. Someone said earlier on this forum that they don't care about getting 400$ out of a 200$ loan. What they want is to get 10,000$ from a 200$ loan. It's not about the amount of money. It's about the price you have put on your fear.

I suspect they've gone missing now because they will come back to you later this evening to say, oh you need to defer, can't close your account because this, that and the other. The whole thing is a scam. There is no contract and your "account" will never "close".

Second thing, if you pay them back, the money is simply going to another debtor's bank account. This makes you a potential criminal and interferes with existing investigations.

I'm sure the police must have told you to block and don't pay anymore, so just stick to those instructions.

This is what my IO told me to do

1. Ask the bank reverse the transaction and close account
2. If number 1 can't, ask the bank to provide sender's account
3. If 1 and 2 can't then wait for loanshark contact you and transfer initial fund to them. After transferring the initial amount cease all contacts with them.

Right now the UML MIA. Maybe kena caught already

Sharuu

This is what my IO told me to do

1. Ask the bank reverse the transaction and close account
2. If number 1 can't, ask the bank to provide sender's account
3. If 1 and 2 can't then wait for loanshark contact you and transfer initial fund to them. After transferring the initial amount cease all contacts with them.

Right now the UML MIA. Maybe kena caught already

My IO told me to cease all banking activity and communication.

Can you ask your IO why there is a need for step 1? I asked my bank to do the same as well. As far as I understand, banks will take 3-4 weeks to reverse a transaction (at the low, low cost of 10$!), and this depends on the outcome of their investigations. They also require the third party's confirmation. When I told them I have reason to believe my third party is involved in criminal activity and that I made a police report, they told me the exact same thing. I gather they don't have explicit mandate to carry out any additional snooping around apart from just providing technical assistance to you. When I went to close my account, I also asked in passing how banks assist authorities in criminal investigations and the counter lady told me there is a specific department that deals with that. She didn't elaborate.

Step 2, I really doubt the bank will give you sender remittance information on the phone. They're not allowed to do that, it's a breach of confidentiality. You can try, but I think would be easier to simply ask the UML which account number he wants you to send to and then report that account to the police. Again, this account might be a debtor account also, that's why you need to close your account in case someone else reports yours.

I made a final transfer to a bank account which I reported to the police and based on what transpired between us after, I have a feeling that UMLs have just about as much knowledge about how banking procedures work as the rest of us. Which is not much.

Also, FYI, if you transfer money via iBanking, your full name shows up on the recipient's statement. Do what you will with this info.

Enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

kittymeow12

My IO told me to cease all banking activity and communication.

Can you ask your IO why there is a need for step 1? I asked my bank to do the same as well. As far as I understand, banks will take 3-4 weeks to reverse a transaction (at the low, low cost of 10$!), and this depends on the outcome of their investigations. They also require the third party's confirmation. When I told them I have reason to believe my third party is involved in criminal activity and that I made a police report, they told me the exact same thing. I gather they don't have explicit mandate to carry out any additional snooping around apart from just providing technical assistance to you. When I went to close my account, I also asked in passing how banks assist authorities in criminal investigations and the counter lady told me there is a specific department that deals with that. She didn't elaborate.

Step 2, I really doubt the bank will give you sender remittance information on the phone. They're not allowed to do that, it's a breach of confidentiality. You can try, but I think would be easier to simply ask the UML which account number he wants you to send to and then report that account to the police. Again, this account might be a debtor account also, that's why you need to close your account in case someone else reports yours.

I made a final transfer to a bank account which I reported to the police and based on what transpired between us after, I have a feeling that UMLs have just about as much knowledge about how banking procedures work as the rest of us. Which is not much.

Also, FYI, if you transfer money via iBanking, your full name shows up on the recipient's statement. Do what you will with this info.

Enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

My bank refuses to help and the only thing they did was to close my bank account. The say they cant reverse the transaction, they cant disclose the sender's bank account.

Sharuu

My bank refuses to help and the only thing they did was to close my bank account. The say they cant reverse the transaction, they cant disclose the sender's bank account.

Told ya.

Banks don't have time for us. Police don't have time for us. By extension, UMLs also don't have time for us. You're one of 50k people have willingly given their personal data to criminals.

So if you want to help yourself, just stop sending them money. And maybe start loitering around your neighbourhood and be a bit more vigilant.

I'm like 80% sure that they won't go beyond threatening messages to you and the next of kins you gave them.

Best of luck.

kittymeow12

Told ya.

Banks don't have time for us. Police don't have time for us. By extension, UMLs also don't have time for us. You're one of 50k people have willingly given their personal data to criminals.

So if you want to help yourself, just stop sending them money. And maybe start loitering around your neighbourhood and be a bit more vigilant.

I'm like 80% sure that they won't go beyond threatening messages to you and the next of kins you gave them.

Best of luck.

Sorry to disappoint guys. I gave up and made the payment of $500 to them. When I making payment the UML pester me to buy 4D with them $20 else he would harass my office. I transferred $500. I let him know and then I blocked him. Changed my number, close bank account. Have alerted my office also. Rlly rlly stupid of me to have enquired. Beware guys. I got into this mess cz my hand itchy I went to search on carousell

Adt007

Sorry to disappoint guys. I gave up and made the payment of $500 to them. When I making payment the UML pester me to buy 4D with them $20 else he would harass my office. I transferred $500. I let him know and then I blocked him. Changed my number, close bank account. Have alerted my office also. Rlly rlly stupid of me to have enquired. Beware guys. I got into this mess cz my hand itchy I went to search on carousell

Its not the end.

1) You will receive numerous loan offers from different numbers.

2) You block him ? He can still use private number to call you or your office/NOK

3) You have been categorize as easy catch.

UML 1 : Yoz, got one stupid timid fish kena hooked. Transfer her $250 get back $500. Tonight lets go KTV !!!

UML 2 : Wah .... share leh

UML 3 : Mai sell fish leh ... share, i very hungry... KNN today my side 3 debtors MIA !!

UML 4 : NPNT !!

kittymeow12

Its not the end.

1) You will receive numerous loan offers from different numbers.

2) You block him ? He can still use private number to call you or your office/NOK

3) You have been categorize as easy catch.

UML 1 : Yoz, got one stupid timid fish kena hooked. Transfer her $250 get back $500. Tonight lets go KTV !!!

UML 2 : Wah .... share leh

UML 3 : Mai sell fish leh ... share, i very hungry... KNN today my side 3 debtors MIA !!

UML 4 : NPNT !!

I changed number and close bank account. Also alerted my office to filter all calls. What other things can happen?

Adt007

I changed number and close bank account. Also alerted my office to filter all calls. What other things can happen?

You got change house, change job (like i did ??) If not then a lot of things can happen !

Basically the only way to end all these is to change everything. House, number, job, bank account. If can change name and IC even best (but will be very troublesome)

Sharuu

You got change house, change job (like i did ??) If not then a lot of things can happen !

Basically the only way to end all these is to change everything. House, number, job, bank account. If can change name and IC even best (but will be very troublesome)

You got change face also?

How much did you owe?

Sharuu

I'm not disappointed. It's your money... :)

And what the hell were you searching for on Carousell? "NOT loansharks"?

Good luck. Hopefully, no follow up.

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.