HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2018, 10:52 PM   #1561

This has crossed my mind a few times.

That sounds logical, but I'm not sure if it even works this way to them. If we demonstrate that we have the ability to pay them back, they will keep hounding us for more and more. I think many of us are in this situation because we have been too "obedient" to pay them defer fees whenever they ask for it and therefore we seem like gold mines to them that they can keep sucking money out of us.
Beautifully written. Moved me to tears. I want to marry your post. You are exactly right.

Ergo, STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.

There is no other end to this outside of "harassment" (it's embarrassing to even call it that) and worst case scenario, bicycle chains and lame notes to neighbours. The ah longs knew this from the moment you gave them your details and NOK details. They're just nice in the beginning so that they can get as much money out of you as possible without you wising up to their BS and calling the police. It's a sales tactic. They don't care about getting their "money back". What they want is as much of YOUR MONEY for as long as possible as long as you fear them. Stop thinking that you have to "return" what you "owe". This isn't an honour system. Save your "integrity" for honest businesses. These people are criminals. The end will ALWAYS be harassment.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:00 PM   #1562

My assumption is if I donít even return what I borrow, the LS will be more persistent in his harassment versus if I return what I borrow at least, the harassment may stop after awhile
I disregard your flawed assumptions and rephrase you. If you "return" what you "borrowed", you will be harassed. If you don't "return" what you "borrowed", you will be harassed. I think you've answered your own question.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #1563

Come on bro n sis.... Don be naive to think they won't disturb u if u pay the principle sum.... If things can be settle there won't be so much victims or debtors in this forum.... Changing of number changing of job... Come clean with with nok all these is a must if u wan to move on..... Things been smooth for me for 1 month plus.... I had change number install cctv.... Made police report... Fb privacy changed.... If the ah long cant suck ur money... They will suck others.... I had mention before unless the amount u own them is big amount if not they won't waste money asking runner go up... The most they can do is to be what's app warrior... Be safe guys.....
Old 05-07-2018, 01:32 AM   #1564

Come on bro n sis.... Don be naive to think they won't disturb u if u pay the principle sum.... If things can be settle there won't be so much victims or debtors in this forum.... Changing of number changing of job... Come clean with with nok all these is a must if u wan to move on..... Things been smooth for me for 1 month plus.... I had change number install cctv.... Made police report... Fb privacy changed.... If the ah long cant suck ur money... They will suck others.... I had mention before unless the amount u own them is big amount if not they won't waste money asking runner go up... The most they can do is to be what's app warrior... Be safe guys.....
I can understand the thinking also lah, because it is difficult to tell how much we actually "owe" them. So we think that if we pay back what we loan, we'll have a easier time.

But what is the amount we actually owe them?

Is it the amount we loan? $1000?

Is it the amount they say we can pay to clear? $1400?

Is it some other number that only they know?

Or is there no number? Just how much they can extract from us before we dry up?

Last edited by khunjuno; 05-07-2018 at 01:36 AM..
Old 05-07-2018, 02:42 AM   #1565

How much u own them it's an unknown bro... Its all depends on the ah long mood.. And also depend on how much blood they see in you.... It's never ending...

I can understand the thinking also lah, because it is difficult to tell how much we actually "owe" them. So we think that if we pay back what we loan, we'll have a easier time.

But what is the amount we actually owe them?

Is it the amount we loan? $1000?

Is it the amount they say we can pay to clear? $1400?

Is it some other number that only they know?

Or is there no number? Just how much they can extract from us before we dry up?
Old 05-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #1566

Hahaha last nite they strike again left love notes on the windscreen ..actually now i seen it all no feeling Io say don't pay them pay Ur family better
Old 05-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #1567

Hahaha last nite they strike again left love notes on the windscreen ..actually now i seen it all no feeling Io say don't pay them pay Ur family better
Is your carpark out of view of main residence?
Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #1568

Is your carpark out of view of main residence?
Mscp bro..out of view...
Old 05-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #1569

I disregard your flawed assumptions and rephrase you. If you "return" what you "borrowed", you will be harassed. If you don't "return" what you "borrowed", you will be harassed. I think you've answered your own question.
Any update on from yr side.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #1570

By the way, anyone got recommendation on which CCTV to buy for put outside home?
Old 05-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #1571

I am currently being harrassed by these scammers. I naively inquired for a loan but at the end I said I'm not interested anymore. But they go ahead and transfer money to my account and are now calling my office, NOK. Last night, they even sent an Indian worker to my home to take picture of my door. The Indian worker was trying to borrow money from him and he told him he will give him the money if he take the picture. I've filed a police report, closed my account, and block any number the LS is using. I am just worried for my family's safety.
There was mention here of an Anti Loanshark FB page. Anybody contact them and were they able to help? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #1572

I am currently being harrassed by these scammers. I naively inquired for a loan but at the end I said I'm not interested anymore. But they go ahead and transfer money to my account and are now calling my office, NOK. Last night, they even sent an Indian worker to my home to take picture of my door. The Indian worker was trying to borrow money from him and he told him he will give him the money if he take the picture. I've filed a police report, closed my account, and block any number the LS is using. I am just worried for my family's safety.
There was mention here of an Anti Loanshark FB page. Anybody contact them and were they able to help? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Contacted them before. Don't know how legit there are, considering the fact that there are "runner" NRIC and photos being posted on their Facebook page and it hasn't been removed for months already. These people whose photos are on Facebook are most likely debtors themselves who can't clear their loans and run on their debts. I don't for one moment believe that all of them are runners.

Think about it.

If they are really an anti-loanshark page, why are they allowing loansharks to post on their Facebook page? Also, they request copy of police report which has all of our details on it to be sent to them, and from what I understand, they will ask for a fee to be paid in order to settle the problem with the loansharks - but no guarantee on what the outcome will be.

Isn't this just another potential avenue for loansharks to suck more money from us? By claiming to be legitimate (like the money lenders we borrowed from previously), they try to gain our trust by asking us to provide details etc etc. Who knows, maybe after taking our fee, they will make a deal with the loansharks to leave us alone for a while, then after maybe a few weeks/months the harassment will start again. Then how? We are 2-3k out of the money again and the problem still not solved.

I rather take matters into my own hands, make police report, ignore the lenders and endure the harassment, eventually it will stop, no guarantees when also, but at least I won't be paying a few thousand and have my details out for people to see AGAIN.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #1573

Contacted them before. Don't know how legit there are, considering the fact that there are "runner" NRIC and photos being posted on their Facebook page and it hasn't been removed for months already. These people whose photos are on Facebook are most likely debtors themselves who can't clear their loans and run on their debts. I don't for one moment believe that all of them are runners.

Think about it.

If they are really an anti-loanshark page, why are they allowing loansharks to post on their Facebook page? Also, they request copy of police report which has all of our details on it to be sent to them, and from what I understand, they will ask for a fee to be paid in order to settle the problem with the loansharks - but no guarantee on what the outcome will be.

Isn't this just another potential avenue for loansharks to suck more money from us? By claiming to be legitimate (like the money lenders we borrowed from previously), they try to gain our trust by asking us to provide details etc etc. Who knows, maybe after taking our fee, they will make a deal with the loansharks to leave us alone for a while, then after maybe a few weeks/months the harassment will start again. Then how? We are 2-3k out of the money again and the problem still not solved.

I rather take matters into my own hands, make police report, ignore the lenders and endure the harassment, eventually it will stop, no guarantees when also, but at least I won't be paying a few thousand and have my details out for people to see AGAIN.
Ya screw those the SALC..wayang kings..pui!I tried to seek help from them they request police report etc..
Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #1574

Ya screw those the SALC..wayang kings..pui!I tried to seek help from them they request police report etc..
Ask to see police report for what?

Someone told me they're actually a debt collecting company. On their FB page, they claim they can't say how they "settle" problems, but I think they're all on the same side. I don't trust anyone who asks for money to help with these things. They always seem like they don't know any more than we do. Smoke screens.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #1575

This Anti loanshark fb will suck you a big sum fee outfront and get your data. My suggestion is either you follow all the bros advices found here, or you think you need moral support and stay strong, look for social services body, such as Blessed Grace. They will stand by your side. Even if your house is splashed with paint, the support group will go down and help you clean up immediately, and no fees at all.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.