Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Happen to me also.i asked if they could stop any transaction coming in but they refused, even with police report in hand.

It's not they refused la. More like they can't. And they have every right not to. You think you who, come bearing police report only, they will stop everything they doing and help you?

Like I said, we're one of 50k people who WILLINGLY gave our personal details to criminals. Even when we've been told not to. (Yesterday I passed by the lift lobby of my neighbouring block and saw the avoid ah long poster on the wall. If they had put this on MY block, I won't be in this sorry state. Just saying.) I keep seeing people moaning about SPF not doing anything la, banks not helping them la, et cetera. Help yourselves. Stop transferring money. Close bank account. Patrol your own flat if you have to. This thing has been going on forever because it is a scam that works brilliantly. It makes you the victim AND the accomplice. Of course it won't be eradicated overnight, there is obviously still a demand, as evident by this very forum. So quit whining about everyone else not helping us and OWN OUR OWN PROBLEMS.

By the way, I patrolled my own flat for the first few nights when I defaulted. Slept at the staircase with a tire iron in my hand. Strongly advise against it. First, it's very uncomfortable and tiring and second, it makes you look like suspicious one.

Last edited:

Sharuu

Reaction score
They have consultation fees,camera fees and manpower.. All around $3k,ard there. I didnt take it up. I myself is short of cash and rely on my salary.

Wah, I was quoted a lot less than you.

I also didn't take it up. I thought they were like the other side of the same ah long coin. Also relying on your fear to make a few bucks, but under the guise of "giving you peace of mind". I got put off when they couldn't guarantee that my NOK wouldn't be harassed. Like that, what's the point, I might as well put up with it.

Why don't you borrow from another ah long, default on that payment and use the money to pay SALC for their services? See how they deal with it. Lol.

Last edited:

Sharuu

Reaction score
keep getting the whatsapp loan spam messages

how to stop all the calls effectively?

You're like at least five steps away from being able to post here. I'm jealous of your issue.

Download call screening app. Or better, make a list of the spam numbers and do an ah long database.

Vince5877

Banned
Reaction score
1st revenge : i think 7 or 8 years ago, should be around the time when posb and dbs merge and they intro internet banking. so i actually have one posb atm card and one dbs atm card which is link to the same account. so i surrender my posb card to the UML... let him use a few days while i monitor the amount of money in my bank..... then one day i see inside got about $800... i transfer it out using my app.

2nd revenge : happen last year. now UML smart liao they not only want ya atm card but also your token and password everything. but before i hand my token and card, i set notification via email if any transaction more than $1000. so for the next few days i notice morning around 11am there willbe transaction more than $1000. I think is the money they collected from the night before then transfer to their main account. so one morning about 10am i went down to the bank and ask to closed my account and withdraw all the cash. luckily inside got about $1700. the counter staff never ask any questions and close the account for me and pass me the cash !!

by the way, please dont try these unless you are hardcore debtor like me.

Sharuu

Reaction score
1st revenge : i think 7 or 8 years ago, should be around the time when posb and dbs merge and they intro internet banking. so i actually have one posb atm card and one dbs atm card which is link to the same account. so i surrender my posb card to the UML... let him use a few days while i monitor the amount of money in my bank..... then one day i see inside got about $800... i transfer it out using my app.

2nd revenge : happen last year. now UML smart liao they not only want ya atm card but also your token and password everything. but before i hand my token and card, i set notification via email if any transaction more than $1000. so for the next few days i notice morning around 11am there willbe transaction more than $1000. I think is the money they collected from the night before then transfer to their main account. so one morning about 10am i went down to the bank and ask to closed my account and withdraw all the cash. luckily inside got about $1700. the counter staff never ask any questions and close the account for me and pass me the cash !!

CRIMINAL IN OUR MIDST!

How did you agree to pass ATM card? Did anyone find out? What is a "hardcore debtor"? Did they ask what happened to the money when you took it out? Did you meet them directly to pass the stuff? How much did you owe? Do you like questions?

My ah long told me not to make transfers around the time I lied to them about my account. They said to use cash deposit machine.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Wah, I was quoted a lot less than you.

I also didn't take it up. I thought they were like the other side of the same ah long coin. Also relying on your fear to make a few bucks, but under the guise of "giving you peace of mind". I got put off when they couldn't guarantee that my NOK wouldn't be harassed. Like that, what's the point, I might as well put up with it.

Why don't you borrow from another ah long, default on that payment and use the money to pay SALC for their services? See how they deal with it. Lol.
Can ask them **** spider lo..3k

Sharuu

Reaction score
Standard ah long message.own money pay money..

Do you take note how often they come and for how long already? Has the harassment escalated?

I suspect my xiao didi gonna contact again weekend. He whole week so quiet. I miss the attention a bit lol. Like the calm before the storm...

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Do you take note how often they come and for how long already? Has the harassment escalated?

I suspect my xiao didi gonna contact again weekend. He whole week so quiet. I miss the attention a bit lol. Like the calm before the storm...

First wave is 4days after I Mia..2nd 7days after I mia

Nas1978

Reaction score

Wah.. Siao ah!!salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.