HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #1891

all i can say is just tahan. dont pay.
one of my family member used to have 15. back in 2009.
the LS really shiong back then. the wall on my lift lobby damn colorful.
How isit going on now?
Old 12-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #1892

Anyone gets harrassment today?
Old 12-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #1893

all i can say is just tahan. dont pay.
one of my family member used to have 15. back in 2009.
the LS really shiong back then. the wall on my lift lobby damn colorful.
Back in 2009 no police cam. Nw the moment u leave the carpark and walk to yr lift lobby u be amaze how many police camera Ard...
Old 12-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #1894

How isit going on now?
we didnt have any experience dealing with LS. so with every call, we pick up, agree and pay. but we reach a point of time we are all dried up. so with every call, we try to negotiate. i think out of 15 LS, only 1 damn nice lol. the rest would just scream and shout over the phone. the 1 that is damn nice i think is an uncle. he can talk to you really nicely.

because we keep paying, we paid about $6k+ in total for 15 LS, we delay their harassment. of coz we live in fear everyday. you just dont know what they gonna do. 15 LS maybe about 9 harassment? splash paint, graffiti and lock gate x1. the harassment last only 1 month?

the LS cant keep dwelling/harassing on 1 person for so long if he dont pay up. thats what i realized.

but now the LS can reach a wider target through spam sms and whatsapp. you just need a few idiots gullible enough to borrow, scare and repay and their business continues.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #1895

Anyone gets harrassment today?
Office got a few calls looking for me today, ditto with my boss. Apart from that, no calls to my NOK. Looks like they shifted their attention to my office. I suppose if that doesnít work, theyíll start to come splash paint at my house
Old 12-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #1896
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, this is my 1st post. Just realised my helper has been borrowing money from 200 to 400 from various moneylenders (lesser licensed and many unlicensed) amounting to a total of about 5K. Police report has been made. I have confiscated her cell phone and switched off the mobile.

Unfortunately the LS have my contact and home address. I was told by the police though the total amount is huge but the amount borrowed individually is not a huge amount, the LS may not send a runner (paying them) to come and harass me as it is not worth. I am very worried.

I have contacted SALC and was quoted 250 per case and to give them my helper's phone. I do not know whether to contact the LS and pay up or not. Please please help me. Thank you every one.
Do not pay anything... Licensed or unlicensed or ah loong..

U never loan... U are not a guarantee of your maid loan....

I was also in similar case as you.. the f##king maid go loan momey... If you are not a clone n still interested... Reply here... N I can share my experience for your reference...

Hard to type on mobile....
Old 12-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #1897

cfm not clone i was so angry with her. I asked her again today why did she go lend the money? she didn't reply. I asked her where are the other maids who borrowed? She said some sent back to agent. Then those without agent she doesn't want to reply. Fuming! After reading all the advices, we decided not to pay too. But I live in fear loh. Changed my mobile no already.

Last edited by ppclip; 12-07-2018 at 06:48 PM..
Old 12-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #1898

Owe Loansharks

Hi! This is my first post. I owe 5 loan sharks and now am stuck coz I can't keep up with the repayments. The biggest I owe is $3k from one of them. Since I'm stuck & unable to repay, they asked me to open up an account or work for them which I definitely not going to do. I'm afraid they will come to my house and my family doesn't know about it. Please advise if I should go report police quickly as now that I refuse to "work" for them or open a new bank account, they have started to scream profanities and threatens to burn my house etc. I screwed up and loan from them and now really regret it. Please share your advise on my next steps.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #1899

Hi! This is my first post. I owe 5 loan sharks and now am stuck coz I can't keep up with the repayments. The biggest I owe is $3k from one of them. Since I'm stuck & unable to repay, they asked me to open up an account or work for them which I definitely not going to do. I'm afraid they will come to my house and my family doesn't know about it. Please advise if I should go report police quickly as now that I refuse to "work" for them or open a new bank account, they have started to scream profanities and threatens to burn my house etc. I screwed up and loan from them and now really regret it. Please share your advise on my next steps.
Read from page 1 onwards
Old 12-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #1900

Its best for u to make a police report and get a cctv or IP camera as a first step. Let the authority know all the mobile numbers.. Acct numbers. Also do forward them sceenshots of your conversation with your AL. Other than that, brace urself for whats next to come. Only the AL knows..
Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #1901

How u manage to get 3k for 1 acct? Dont they usually start will small amount?
Old 12-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #1902

How u manage to get 3k for 1 acct? Dont they usually start will small amount?
I got 2xcashback of $950 from the same lender and the clear amount each is $1.5k. Now that I sat back and thought abt everything I realise all 5 of them are the same person? Their bank account numbers are the same and when they came to me aksing for loans, they kinda knew Iím in need thus they targeted me. Im in deep **** but i cant keep on paying them. When I could clear, they asked to defer. I cant keep up anymore.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #1903

Since I just recently got into this mess myself, let me help you.

1) Make a police report about their harassment and threatening messages, prepare all the dates, ah long names, contact numbers, bank accounts used to transfer to and from and amounts transferred. BE TRUTHFUL to the police. Even though they can't help 24/7 guard your house, you need to report to be as truthful as possible. Your employer may request for a copy of this report.

2) The ah longs WILL call your NOK and office after they know you are running their loan, so INFORM your NOK and office before that happens. If you have no time or can't muster up the courage to talk face to face yet, send out a WhatsApp message and say you'll explain it to them in person after you've made the police report. DO NOT skip this step, they need to know or else they will chua sai and do stupid things like transferring money to your ah longs to help you clear your loan (and then the cycle will never stop because the ah longs will latch onto you harder)

3) BRACE for the bombardment of calls, WhatsApp that will be coming your way. Block the ah longs WhatsApp, block their calls and inform your NOK to do the same. Inform your office to ignore or screen all calls that are for you.

4) Put a copy of the police report outside your house and install a CCTV camera if it makes you feel safe.

5) If your neighbours come asking about it, be truthful and let them know the situation. You need them on your side to be vigilant and help you call the police if they see suspicious characters loitering at your corridor.

6) Hope for the best and do expect to be splashed / locked a few times before they give up.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #1904

Its best for u to make a police report and get a cctv or IP camera as a first step. Let the authority know all the mobile numbers.. Acct numbers. Also do forward them sceenshots of your conversation with your AL. Other than that, brace urself for whats next to come. Only the AL knows..
Any recommendations for a cheap n good cctv? Btw, how to make police report nowadays...go to npc?
Old 12-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #1905

Since I just recently got into this mess myself, let me help you.

1) Make a police report about their harassment and threatening messages, prepare all the dates, ah long names, contact numbers, bank accounts used to transfer to and from and amounts transferred. BE TRUTHFUL to the police. Even though they can't help 24/7 guard your house, you need to report to be as truthful as possible. Your employer may request for a copy of this report.

2) The ah longs WILL call your NOK and office after they know you are running their loan, so INFORM your NOK and office before that happens. If you have no time or can't muster up the courage to talk face to face yet, send out a WhatsApp message and say you'll explain it to them in person after you've made the police report. DO NOT skip this step, they need to know or else they will chua sai and do stupid things like transferring money to your ah longs to help you clear your loan (and then the cycle will never stop because the ah longs will latch onto you harder)

3) BRACE for the bombardment of calls, WhatsApp that will be coming your way. Block the ah longs WhatsApp, block their calls and inform your NOK to do the same. Inform your office to ignore or screen all calls that are for you.

4) Put a copy of the police report outside your house and install a CCTV camera if it makes you feel safe.

5) If your neighbours come asking about it, be truthful and let them know the situation. You need them on your side to be vigilant and help you call the police if they see suspicious characters loitering at your corridor.

6) Hope for the best and do expect to be splashed / locked a few times before they give up.
Thanks so much for the detailed steps. NOK i gave them a spare sim card number so that part i hope im ok just that i have to brace myself n inform my family. Ok this part Im gonna be open...how to make police report? I never made one before.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.