Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas1978

Reaction score
Wah, I was quoted a lot less than you.

I also didn't take it up. I thought they were like the other side of the same ah long coin. Also relying on your fear to make a few bucks, but under the guise of "giving you peace of mind". I got put off when they couldn't guarantee that my NOK wouldn't be harassed. Like that, what's the point, I might as well put up with it.

Why don't you borrow from another ah long, default on that payment and use the money to pay SALC for their services? See how they deal with it. Lol.

Someone open a new thread/forum abt SALC. It seem they are also ahlong from across the border. And know the tactics. They are using it on the local ahlong's..ah it seem they work this way.

nursejb

Reaction score
Hi I came across your reply. Recently I inquire to borrow money from a moneylender advertising his services by sms. My fault is I have send all my details to him, NRIC, bank account. In the end I change my mind and don't want to borrow but he said he already transfer 400., so I must pay 600 by the following week. Following week he ask me to defer payment and pay 200 only., but I want to clear so I paid 600. He started threatening and send some image of loan shark graffiti and threaten to burn my house if I don't pay him another 600. I have lodged a police report and have no intention of paying him again. The police suggest to change my phone number and don't reply again to this ah long.

hi me also same, I borrow 600$ need for 6day need to pay 850$, on day I want to settle all they asked me to pay defer 250$ since I didnot infrom them one day earlier for clear full payment. I pay 250$, then next morning I asking they account number to clear all payment 850$. they did not replied my whatapp & did not answer my phone. then got new number call me and whatapps me account number for transfer. so I transfer 850$.now I dont know they will asked me again for money or how, im so scary, I plan want to change my account number and my phone number. since they only hace my spass and house address. what I need to do? can I know how u settle this?

Sharuu

Reaction score
hi me also same, I borrow 600$ need for 6day need to pay 850$, on day I want to settle all they asked me to pay defer 250$ since I didnot infrom them one day earlier for clear full payment. I pay 250$, then next morning I asking they account number to clear all payment 850$. they did not replied my whatapp & did not answer my phone. then got new number call me and whatapps me account number for transfer. so I transfer 850$.now I dont know they will asked me again for money or how, im so scary, I plan want to change my account number and my phone number. since they only hace my spass and house address. what I need to do? can I know how u settle this?

OMG! I kena same thing too! Could it be the same piece of ****? What's his/her name?

As I have said like A MILLION TIMES before this, report police, close bank account, block them and chill.

nursejb

Reaction score
OMG! I kena same thing too! Could it be the same piece of ****? What's his/her name?

As I have said like A MILLION TIMES before this, report police, close bank account, block them and chill.

izit they disturb you? actually that happen just today. can u pm me?

nursejb

Reaction score
hi sharuu,

izit u also same like me??? izit that scam contact u again after do finish clear full? because on my case the one I asking for acc number for transfer full payment, did not replied my whatapps or pickup my call even he was online thru whataaps.

then got one new number give me whatapps, then I call they ask me to transfer money to their account. then I just transfer today around 4pm. but until now, the one suppose dealing with me not give any feedback or replies my whatapps.

so ok u case what you do? can u infrom me? coz im alone in sg. im malaysian, but working and stay at sg. but I give my address rental now.

Sharuu

Reaction score
hi sharuu,

izit u also same like me??? izit that scam contact u again after do finish clear full? because on my case the one I asking for acc number for transfer full payment, did not replied my whatapps or pickup my call even he was online thru whataaps.

then got one new number give me whatapps, then I call they ask me to transfer money to their account. then I just transfer today around 4pm. but until now, the one suppose dealing with me not give any feedback or replies my whatapps.

so ok u case what you do? can u infrom me? coz im alone in sg. im malaysian, but working and stay at sg. but I give my address rental now.

SALAM SATU MALAYSIA! Which part are you from? Congratulations/commiserations on the recent elections!

I did exactly what I said earlier, which was report police, close bank account, block them and chill. Forgot to add STOP TRANSFERRING MONEY.

Now you just get ready for harassment on phone and to your next of kins. The last time they tried to contact me was about a week ago and since then, a grand total of ZERO things have happened to mine/my neighbours' front doors. But I've prepared everyone just in case.

I'm starting to think that they're a bunch of gas bags. I'm quite disappointed. I'm sorry our ah longs are not as gangster as yours. :(

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi sharuu,

U very bad to use ur landlord's address.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
This type of ah long no need scare one.where gt 6days pay in full.my ah long offfer 4-5weeks repayment scheme.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
SALAM SATU MALAYSIA! Which part are you from? Congratulations/commiserations on the recent elections!

I did exactly what I said earlier, which was report police, close bank account, block them and chill. Forgot to add STOP TRANSFERRING MONEY.

Now you just get ready for harassment on phone and to your next of kins. The last time they tried to contact me was about a week ago and since then, a grand total of ZERO things have happened to mine/my neighbours' front doors. But I've prepared everyone just in case.

I'm starting to think that they're a bunch of gas bags. I'm quite disappointed. I'm sorry our ah longs are not as gangster as yours. :(
U don't be so yaya..ah long got those really mean business type.old time ah long.those offer 6days loans one are Malaysian Beng ah loan..only can act gangster on phone.

nursejb

Reaction score
U very bad to use ur landlord's address.

ya I know my bad, but I pay all the payment on time. I pay defer also. last time I borrow the money coz I need for my mum operation in malaysia since I dont get my salary yet. but I settle all payment already. I just scared coz I read so many scam done by loanshark even after u clear payment they still looking you and asked for money.

nursejb

Reaction score
U don't be so yaya..ah long got those really mean business type.old time ah long.those offer 6days loans one are Malaysian Beng ah loan..only can act gangster on phone.

but since yasterday after I pay clear payment, they never contact me. I also want to blocked their number or mybe I will change my phone number?

nursejb

Reaction score

what you mean theu only can acy gangster on the phone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.