HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #2056

Whatever your reason for being involved with LS is not important. No judgment here. We are only in this forum because we all been through these things. Based on my personal experience, changing handphone number, blocking them from my NOK's phone, closing my bank account really help. The more u see the whatsapp messages, the more it add to your stress. We all need clear minds to deal with this. I deactivated my social media accounts temporarily. And lastly, keep telling myself that all of these will pass. Just be strong. Take care.
Thanks for you kind words. We don't need any judgement, rather let's share our experiences so we can encourage each other to overcome these mental and physical torture. Currently, they have been keeping quiet except for daily checks of "how?" every morning around 10am. Now that world cup is over, I think they'll be free to chase after me....I think they'll go crazy once I block them. Am prepping myself for the worst now.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #2057

Thanks for you kind words. We don't need any judgement, rather let's share our experiences so we can encourage each other to overcome these mental and physical torture. Currently, they have been keeping quiet except for daily checks of "how?" every morning around 10am. Now that world cup is over, I think they'll be free to chase after me....I think they'll go crazy once I block them. Am prepping myself for the worst now.
You are welcome. I go through that too but not just like how? But shouting and calling me CB. Then non stop calling at night with different numbers. Threatening that will not stop until I lose my job. They will just chase us for a while then when they can see we are bent on not paying anymore. They will move on to next target but until then be careful and observant of people around your block. And every morning I give a prayer of thanks when I see my door unpainted. Its stressful but like I said it will soon pass.

Be strong. You will get through this. We will all do.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #2058

I'm thinking of reporting loss ic, delete everything in my hp. If they strike my house, I will maintain I lost IC and dunno anything. Will the police buy it? Will my bank accounts be checked? I did a few payments via ibanking unfortunately.
Please don't do that.
You will landed yourself in jail.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #2059

Am already doing that. This is draining me physically & mentally.
You are male or female ?
I got friends work 2 jobs also okay leh.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #2060

You are male or female ?
No money then work extra hard money don't drop from sky..I worked 14hrs a day..
Old 16-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #2061

You are welcome. I go through that too but not just like how? But shouting and calling me CB. Then non stop calling at night with different numbers. Threatening that will not stop until I lose my job. They will just chase us for a while then when they can see we are bent on not paying anymore. They will move on to next target but until then be careful and observant of people around your block. And every morning I give a prayer of thanks when I see my door unpainted. Its stressful but like I said it will soon pass.

Be strong. You will get through this. We will all do.
They will definitely move on. They cant keep harassing on one target. I give it 3 - 6 months for them to stop harassing?

Its just that you have to live with the guilt/shame/sometimes fear they will come back again. The scariest part about harassment is not the calls/sms/love letters. Its not even the locking of gate. That one can just call SCDF they will break for you.

Its the splashing of paint and graffiti on the wall. Until now there is some residue of paint outside my house on the floor. The graffiti some AL will write super duper big. You call town council to re-paint white then you will see different shades of white on the wall lol. Then your whole level residents, CNY relatives come confirm know. You just have to wait for elections, vote for PAP, pray they do some HDB upgrading works and repaint the whole estate. Then it becomes clean again. If not you live with the ugly walls everyday.

I just dont know how to remove the paints on the floor. Its damn tough and damn ugly. Thats the only thing I'm living with it for 9 years liao.

Last edited by lesnar88; 16-07-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Old 16-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #2062

i just know that my helper has given her friend a photo of her work permit to send money home. Now it makes me worry more as her friend could be using her work permit to borrow money too. Made another police report and gave the details of her friend to the police. The LS have been calling my relatives too and impersonating as some government official. Got a visit from one of them as well asking us to serve notice of payment.
God knows where they get the contact from when my helper said she has never given anyone the contact number of my relative.
This is really really stressing me out. I can feel my heart thumping every time I hear the door bell rings.

Last edited by ppclip; 16-07-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Old 16-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #2063

You are male or female ?
Female, doing day job, PVH before & after work.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #2064

I just dont know how to remove the paints on the floor. Its damn tough and damn ugly. Thats the only thing I'm living with it for 9 years liao.
Use thinner and scrapper, slowly scrap off the paint. but if the corridor floor a lot of small little holes then more harder work
Old 16-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #2065

They will definitely move on. They cant keep harassing on one target. I give it 3 - 6 months for them to stop harassing?

Its just that you have to live with the guilt/shame/sometimes fear they will come back again. The scariest part about harassment is not the calls/sms/love letters. Its not even the locking of gate. That one can just call SCDF they will break for you.

Its the splashing of paint and graffiti on the wall. Until now there is some residue of paint outside my house on the floor. The graffiti some AL will write super duper big. You call town council to re-paint white then you will see different shades of white on the wall lol. Then your whole level residents, CNY relatives come confirm know. You just have to wait for elections, vote for PAP, pray they do some HDB upgrading works and repaint the whole estate. Then it becomes clean again. If not you live with the ugly walls everyday.

Yes agree with you. The pain is so so thick and damn tough to remove. Especially those on the floor. As for graffiti, yes will need to check all lifts & lift landings. However, I'm afraid if they were to fire to my unit in the middle of the night. That's my biggest fear.
Old 16-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #2066

Yes agree with you. The pain is so so thick and damn tough to remove. Especially those on the floor. As for graffiti, yes will need to check all lifts & lift landings. However, I'm afraid if they were to fire to my unit in the middle of the night. That's my biggest fear.
Get a fire extinguisher HDB door mostly fire proof..
Old 16-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #2067

Female, doing day job, PVH before & after work.
No wonder...
Jia you...
Old 16-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #2068

i just know that my helper has given her friend a photo of her work permit to send money home. Now it makes me worry more as her friend could be using her work permit to borrow money too. Made another police report and gave the details of her friend to the police. The LS have been calling my relatives too and impersonating as some government official. Got a visit from one of them as well asking us to serve notice of payment.
God knows where they get the contact from when my helper said she has never given anyone the contact number of my relative.
This is really really stressing me out. I can feel my heart thumping every time I hear the door bell rings.
Most loanshark don't dare to ring yr door bell..only license one will visit u
Old 16-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #2069

They don't dare to burn your house, the ah long runner also part time only.
Have you make police report ?
Old 16-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #2070

Not necessary some ah loan will harass u whenever they think of u...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.