HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #2071

Yes agree with you. The pain is so so thick and damn tough to remove. Especially those on the floor. As for graffiti, yes will need to check all lifts & lift landings. However, I'm afraid if they were to fire to my unit in the middle of the night. That's my biggest fear.
They wont set fire liao. Its damn rare. Unless you very guai lan/xia lan to the AL and you borrow freaking alot.
Old 16-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #2072

Use thinner and scrapper, slowly scrap off the paint. but if the corridor floor a lot of small little holes then more harder work
Tried already. Town council also dont want to repaint the whole level flooring
Old 16-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #2073

They wont set fire liao. Its damn rare. Unless you very guai lan/xia lan to the AL and you borrow freaking alot.
Freaking a lot? Like 10k?
Old 16-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #2074

They don't dare to burn your house, the ah long runner also part time only.
Have you make police report ?
Not yet, will do soon.
Old 16-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #2075

Nowadays the Al not so scary than 5-10 years back AL.I predict 2-3 weeks of harassment, and will stop from my past experience. Unless u own them quite a lots or didn't pay them at all, or u **** them and challenge them. Just ignore and block them, everything will go back to normal less than a month
Old 16-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #2076

Not yet, will do soon.
Don't wait.
Faster go and make a police report.
Old 16-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #2077

I'm not the LS so I really dont know. It depends on their mood also. Just dont go provoke them and lie low. You must see their pattern of harassment.

Cos if you owe $10k, the LS must send the runners down a lot of times to do the dirty job to try to recover the money from you.

Each paint job/graffiti/set fire, the LS must pay the runner to do it or if the runner is also a debtor and desperate, he will just do lor. So if the runner keep coming to harass you, and the LS dont get a single cent from you, then its not worth it.

But now different case. The LS can send Mcdelivery to you lol.
Old 16-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #2078

Nowadays the Al not so scary than 5-10 years back AL.I predict 2-3 weeks of harassment, and will stop from my past experience. Unless u own them quite a lots or didn't pay them at all, or u **** them and challenge them. Just ignore and block them, everything will go back to normal less than a month
I read from the news, AL runner go make Police report because of unpaid salary by AL.

h ttps://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20180526-862202
Old 16-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #2079

Now seldom commando will dare to set fire la..jail plus canning for that 500 job..might as well Rob bank or money changer hahaha more money.
Old 16-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #2080

They will definitely move on. They cant keep harassing on one target. I give it 3 - 6 months for them to stop harassing?

Its just that you have to live with the guilt/shame/sometimes fear they will come back again. The scariest part about harassment is not the calls/sms/love letters. Its not even the locking of gate. That one can just call SCDF they will break for you.

Its the splashing of paint and graffiti on the wall. Until now there is some residue of paint outside my house on the floor. The graffiti some AL will write super duper big. You call town council to re-paint white then you will see different shades of white on the wall lol. Then your whole level residents, CNY relatives come confirm know. You just have to wait for elections, vote for PAP, pray they do some HDB upgrading works and repaint the whole estate. Then it becomes clean again. If not you live with the ugly walls everyday.

I just dont know how to remove the paints on the floor. Its damn tough and damn ugly. Thats the only thing I'm living with it for 9 years liao.
I agree with that, the shame and guilt are something not very easy for us to shrug off. Also the fear that when you see suspicious looking person, you get this paranoia that its you or your house he is targeting. That would take a while to overcome. I also get up in the wee hours, open my door, take a look around the corridor. Not easy.

My LS stopped after a week, maybe I am just lucky or he is not yet done.

Meanwhile, I have my life to focus on and regrets to ponder but hey life must go on, LS or no LS. We cannot live with fear and shame every time.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #2081

I'm thinking of reporting loss ic, delete everything in my hp. If they strike my house, I will maintain I lost IC and dunno anything. Will the police buy it? Will my bank accounts be checked? I did a few payments via ibanking unfortunately.
Why would you need to lie to the police? Making a false statement is an offenc. What TF is the matter with you?
Old 16-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #2082

they strike your house, you can only clean up lol. you dont even know when they will strike. the paint is not pastel paint, its industrial paint. so its very heavy duty.

just prepare to do some push ups, thinner, scrub, town council number (in case they write graffiti upstairs downstairs, so do a thorough check on all lift lobby and staircase landings)

the least you can do if the LS call, you just say someone stole your IC and borrow? im not sure what others here would think.

the police will check and investigate your bank account.
if they know got some funny transactions they will close the account.
cos you dont want the LS to suddenly transfer money to your account then say you owe them
Police can't close your bank account la. Police have no authority on individual bank accounts and honestly, they have no time.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:10 PM   #2083

Whatever your reason for being involved with LS is not important. No judgment here. We are only in this forum because we all been through these things. Based on my personal experience, changing handphone number, blocking them from my NOK's phone, closing my bank account really help. The more u see the whatsapp messages, the more it add to your stress. We all need clear minds to deal with this. I deactivated my social media accounts temporarily. And lastly, keep telling myself that all of these will pass. Just be strong. Take care.
I dunno, man...I been judging the whole time. It's fun. Lol.

MAKE POLICE REPORT, CLOSE BANK ACCOUNT, BLOCK THE NUMBERS AND STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:16 PM   #2084
Arch-Supremacy Member

I agree with that, the shame and guilt are something not very easy for us to shrug off. Also the fear that when you see suspicious looking person, you get this paranoia that its you or your house he is targeting. That would take a while to overcome. I also get up in the wee hours, open my door, take a look around the corridor. Not easy.

My LS stopped after a week, maybe I am just lucky or he is not yet done.

Meanwhile, I have my life to focus on and regrets to ponder but hey life must go on, LS or no LS. We cannot live with fear and shame every time.
You run your loanshark ? If not why scared. If you have paid up should be okay mah
Old 16-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #2085

i just know that my helper has given her friend a photo of her work permit to send money home. Now it makes me worry more as her friend could be using her work permit to borrow money too. Made another police report and gave the details of her friend to the police. The LS have been calling my relatives too and impersonating as some government official. Got a visit from one of them as well asking us to serve notice of payment.
God knows where they get the contact from when my helper said she has never given anyone the contact number of my relative.
This is really really stressing me out. I can feel my heart thumping every time I hear the door bell rings.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scammers-impersonating-government-officials-to-obtain-singpass-9136264

Not necessarily LS.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.