Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #2401
Master Member

Then what he reply?
Confirm he screaming inside his head.. "knn someone pls help me find this debtor!!"
He need to spend $200 on runner.
The $200 will eat into his profit.
Domino1904 likes this.
Old 24-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #2402

He didnt say anything.
He just hung up.

Tried calling once again. But i didnt pick up.

Then now silent.

Dunno what he scheming up to now.
Old 24-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #2403

Seems like more n more are falling into their scams.. I believe there are more out there who are still paying these AL bcos they are afraid of harrassment and worry for their family safety. Its true that this scam thingy is very difficult to put a stop.. But maybe we should help create more awareness n help out those fallen victims like us.
Domino1904 likes this.
Old 24-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #2404

Seems like more n more are falling into their scams.. I believe there are more out there who are still paying these AL bcos they are afraid of harrassment and worry for their family safety. Its true that this scam thingy is very difficult to put a stop.. But maybe we should help create more awareness n help out those fallen victims like us.
I couldn't agree more with what you said.

I think we all know how each one of us must have felt during those tormenting periods.

There must be a lot more ppl out there with situations that may be far more complicated than ours.

I came across an article that an elderly man almost set himself on fire due to issues similar to ours...
Which is very saddening.
Old 24-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #2405

I couldn't agree more with what you said.

I think we all know how each one of us must have felt during those tormenting periods.

There must be a lot more ppl out there with situations that may be far more complicated than ours.

I came across an article that an elderly man almost set himself on fire due to issues similar to ours...
Which is very saddening.
Ohh man.. Maybe doesnt have anyone to turn to for help. Or he ran out of options. Very sad indeed.
Old 24-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #2406

He will not show up.
He is more scared than you.
He worry CCTV got record his face.
First of all, it won't be his face. It will be another debtor's, as is always the case.

Secondly, of course he won't show up himself, but now that you've effectively gone on and annoyed him, he might take it personally and inconvenience you in all sorts of ways. It feels good now because you stuck it to your ah long, but there's a reason police tell you not to contact them. So you don't aggravate the situation. Just ignore and don't say anything when they try to get in touch.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #2407

First of all, it won't be his face. It will be another debtor's, as is always the case.

Secondly, of course he won't show up himself, but now that you've effectively gone on and annoyed him, he might take it personally and inconvenience you in all sorts of ways. It feels good now because you stuck it to your ah long, but there's a reason police tell you not to contact them. So you don't aggravate the situation. Just ignore and don't say anything when they try to get in touch.
TBH, it does doesn't really feel good coz i didn't stick it in his face. I was rather quiet and monotonous.
In fact it is bugging me what he'd do next and when will this stop.

I did figure out that it would be another debtor who would probably do his dirty work for him and i was just wondering what am i to do if i do come in contact with tht person?

Also, with the way my flat is situated, my unit is actually the last second unit in a stretch of 5 units. That means that he / she has to be really quick or may be spotted or trapped if someone comes out of the lift or stairs while he performs his handiwork. Tht is somewhat comforting though.

I would be happy if he wud just stop calling / texting for good and leave this be. Rather than push this further and risk losing more in the end.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #2408

He didnt say anything.
He just hung up.

Tried calling once again. But i didnt pick up.

Then now silent.

Dunno what he scheming up to now.
He called again from the first call, its because he needs to take a break to come up with another idea, or he go check with his superior on how to deal with you.

Just don't be guailan/xialan to him. Right now you're his prime target.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #2409
Master Member

Last time got prostitute wechat scam, kidnap kid scam, police scam and now Ah Long scam.
This ah long scam, they really put in some effort and capital.

Old 24-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #2410
Master Member

Old 24-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #2411

TBH, it does doesn't really feel good coz i didn't stick it in his face. I was rather quiet and monotonous.
In fact it is bugging me what he'd do next and when will this stop.

I did figure out that it would be another debtor who would probably do his dirty work for him and i was just wondering what am i to do if i do come in contact with tht person?

Also, with the way my flat is situated, my unit is actually the last second unit in a stretch of 5 units. That means that he / she has to be really quick or may be spotted or trapped if someone comes out of the lift or stairs while he performs his handiwork. Tht is somewhat comforting though.

I would be happy if he wud just stop calling / texting for good and leave this be. Rather than push this further and risk losing more in the end.
If the AL is very determined to come harrass you, within 1-2 weeks from verbal diarrhea sure have something one. If still ai lai mai lai means he got difficulties finding runner to splash you.

If not he will keep sending non physical threats e.g. missed calls, SMS, love letters to your post, Mcdelivery.. just to keep pushing his luck.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #2412

If the AL is very determined to come harrass you, within 1-2 weeks from verbal diarrhea sure have something one. If still ai lai mai lai means he got difficulties finding runner to splash you.

If not he will keep sending non physical threats e.g. missed calls, SMS, love letters to your post, Mcdelivery.. just to keep pushing his luck.
My ah long took action after 2mths of love letter
Old 24-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #2413

My ah long took action after 2mths of love letter
Coz you still keep in contact with them and paying them?
Old 24-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #2414
Master Member

Loan Shark got problem to get willing runner after the revised law, they resort to naive young boy. $200 is not worth to go jail and cane.

15-year-old teen arrested for alleged loanshark harassment
Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment could be jailed for up to five years, fined a minimum of $5,000 and up to $50,000, and caned between three and six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ark-harassment
Old 24-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #2415

He will not show up.
He is more scared than you.
He worry CCTV got record his face.
U tell him come lim Chu Kang cemetery meet u.we ambush him
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.