HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #2641

Hi . Im new here. I am goin thru the harassment stage. I borrowed $600. I was forced to random reasons for the deferment amount which is $200 for 4 times different weeks and when its promised for clearance which is $800 they suddenly said that one not counted they threaten me to pay another $800 if wanna close the loan. Which i refused i kept saying a deal is a deal have black and white somemore they promise to close the loan. So after I refused they started the o$p$ to my ic, whatsapp pics of my fren. I quickly called the police when they threatened to come to my house and see what they can do. With the police advise to create a report i went to my npc made a report and installed 3 cctvs. Now i am still getting diff numbers with vulgarities and threats. Bt i just keep blocking it. How long will this last? Now everywhere i go i have a kitchen knife and pepper spray incase. And what will they keep doing next? The police had advice me with the necessary options to do if we see any suspicious acts. Bt as of now, is my case so severe? They didnít come that night though. Will this die off? And my neighbor usually closes their door late at night. What should i do more? It was my fault in not checking whether they are licensed or tailongs. Now that they are. They have been harassing my family and my friend . Appreciate the great advice from anyone here.

Please don't try to delude yourself into thinking that you can get away with a scratch. Be mentally prepared that there will be some form of verbal and physical harassment. Mostly calls, WhatsApp, SMS from unknown and no caller ID numbers to your phone, NOK and work place. Physical harassment, expect at the very least love letters being sent to your house. Whether or not it will escalate to locked gates, splashed paint and burning down the door - who knows? Even we also don't know.

But you have to be prepared for such things to happen, so let your family and work place know what is going on and what are the steps they can take to lessen the harassment. Go and read this whole thread twice through tonight to get a sense of what is the process of the harassment and the preventive measures.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #2642
High Supremacy Member

Hi . Im new here. I am goin thru the harassment stage. I borrowed $600. I was forced to random reasons for the deferment amount which is $200 for 4 times different weeks and when its promised for clearance which is $800 they suddenly said that one not counted they threaten me to pay another $800 if wanna close the loan. Which i refused i kept saying a deal is a deal have black and white somemore they promise to close the loan. So after I refused they started the o$p$ to my ic, whatsapp pics of my fren. I quickly called the police when they threatened to come to my house and see what they can do. With the police advise to create a report i went to my npc made a report and installed 3 cctvs. Now i am still getting diff numbers with vulgarities and threats. Bt i just keep blocking it. How long will this last? Now everywhere i go i have a kitchen knife and pepper spray incase. And what will they keep doing next? The police had advice me with the necessary options to do if we see any suspicious acts. Bt as of now, is my case so severe? They didnít come that night though. Will this die off? And my neighbor usually closes their door late at night. What should i do more? It was my fault in not checking whether they are licensed or tailongs. Now that they are. They have been harassing my family and my friend . Appreciate the great advice from anyone here.
You wanna go jail ?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 AM   #2643
High Supremacy Member

I dowana liaise with them anymore. Bt what is al? And why prepare popcorn? Are there cases where they dont lock gate, splash paint and love letters?
AL = Ah Long
Prepare popcorn to eat and watch show.

Under the Moneylenders Act (Revised Edition 2010), first-time offenders found guilty of loan shark harassment can be fined up to $50,000, jailed for up to five years and caned at least six times.

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...t-on-fire-back
Old 02-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #2644

You wanna go jail ?
In the act of defense, if they make a move towards me i am not wrong to use mah?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #2645

Please don't try to delude yourself into thinking that you can get away with a scratch. Be mentally prepared that there will be some form of verbal and physical harassment. Mostly calls, WhatsApp, SMS from unknown and no caller ID numbers to your phone, NOK and work place. Physical harassment, expect at the very least love letters being sent to your house. Whether or not it will escalate to locked gates, splashed paint and burning down the door - who knows? Even we also don't know.

But you have to be prepared for such things to happen, so let your family and work place know what is going on and what are the steps they can take to lessen the harassment. Go and read this whole thread twice through tonight to get a sense of what is the process of the harassment and the preventive measures.
Ok thank u
Old 02-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #2646

Ok thank u
Till now any harassment?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #2647

Ok thank u
Today is my due date to defer and will not pay them. So this is it then the starting of nightmare. Eventhough after reading all posts here like simple but honestly speaking its quite stressing for me especially when the safety of my kids is involved.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #2648

In the act of defense, if they make a move towards me i am not wrong to use mah?
AL won't come one la. All overseas. The closest you're dealing with is the runner. Then again also not say they will come take parang fight u. Trust me all humji one. You don't even know who the runner and you don't even know how they will harrass and when.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #2649

Today is my due date to defer and will not pay them. So this is it then the starting of nightmare. Eventhough after reading all posts here like simple but honestly speaking its quite stressing for me especially when the safety of my kids is involved.
Of cos stressed. If everyday you shout at your kids, your kids also scared ma. Thats the same lor, AL shouting and threatening at you. But all empty vessels one la. How often you see us debtors here in this forum kena paint splash and lock gate? Mostly love letters?

Last edited by lesnar88; 02-08-2018 at 01:11 PM..
Old 02-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #2650

This one not Hong Kong drama, they won't come and find you personally one la. Want to come also will ask runner to splash paint or lock gate or do those indirect harassment. Save yourself the trouble, if you are caught at MRT or randomly screened in public with a weapon you could be charged with possession of a deadly weapon.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #2651
Master Member

Pepper Spray is that legal in Singapore ?
If you chop someone with the knife, you no need go jail ?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #2652
Master Member

AL won't come one la. All overseas. The closest you're dealing with is the runner. Then again also not say they will come take parang fight u. Trust me all humji one. You don't even know who the runner and you don't even know how they will harrass and when.
Normally those runner are debtor them self same like you.
They are forced to work for AL because no way to clear the debt.
Those debtor should straight away go to Police instead make use by AL.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #2653

Mentally draining actually...just by receiving non-stop calls/texts/threats. My phone was bombed last night and I went to NPP yesterday again coz was just too stressed. The officer saw all live threats "CONFIRM FIND U WAN", 'I MAKE SURE U DIE" "CONFIRM U DIE"

As expected, they didn't turn up last night, so i slept thru with my phones on silent, pulled out the home phone line (just in case), block all calls on my nok's mobile too. They called, texted all night. After all the threats, one of them asked this morning if today can do. LOL. Phone calls still ongoing. I'm reading all texts too. Not gonna let them get to me. Breathe.

Now, is the waiting game.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #2654

Till now any harassment?
A few calls, which I didnít pick up. And a msg vulgarities, thats it..
Old 02-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #2655

This one not Hong Kong drama, they won't come and find you personally one la. Want to come also will ask runner to splash paint or lock gate or do those indirect harassment. Save yourself the trouble, if you are caught at MRT or randomly screened in public with a weapon you could be charged with possession of a deadly weapon.
Okla. bt i got report mah. Since u say this i shall leave the knife lorr..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.