HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #2956

[QUOTE=25chic;115865092]

Seriously, you have to stop these videos. If you haven’t experience before just zip it. I was asking those who have gone thru before when they have problems paying up LML.

If we want to watch these videos, we’ll know where to look for them.
The late fee will be $60 monthly + 4% of your amount loan daily. If u can't settle they'll send debt collector anytime b4 10pm and they can call your workplace but THEY can't send debt collector to your workplace sorry under new law.. But if nego with them they can give you monthly but it'll be maximum double they collect n can't ask for more. Compare to UML it never ends that's y moneylender getting lesser under new ruling.. But confirm their boss are mostly LS.. If you find it difficult to call MLAS.. They'll recommend you
Old 07-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #2957

For those who have been liaising with LML debt collector, can share how did they contact you? Via mobile or office line?
Old 07-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #2958

[QUOTE=Zaini338B;115874255]

The late fee will be $60 monthly + 4% of your amount loan daily. If u can't settle they'll send debt collector anytime b4 10pm and they can call your workplace but THEY can't send debt collector to your workplace sorry under new law.. But if nego with them they can give you monthly but it'll be maximum double they collect n can't ask for more. Compare to UML it never ends that's y moneylender getting lesser under new ruling.. But confirm their boss are mostly LS.. If you find it difficult to call MLAS.. They'll recommend you
Yes am aware of the late fees of $60/mth. But on the 4% is it daily or monthly? I understood that it's 4% interest monthly.

Strange that this particular LML insisted me to liaise with debt collector instead when I popped by their office. I couldn't believe what I just faced. Not surprised if DC is AL.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #2959
Master Member

For those who have been liaising with LML debt collector, can share how did they contact you? Via mobile or office line?
have you go down to their office talk face to face since no reply your message ?
Old 07-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #2960

[QUOTE=Zaini338B;115874255]

Last week debt collector just come my office...
Old 07-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #2961

have you go down to their office talk face to face since no reply your message ?
Have u liaise with DC before?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #2962

[QUOTE=25chic;115874426]

Yes am aware of the late fees of $60/mth. But on the 4% is it daily or monthly? I understood that it's 4% interest monthly.

Strange that this particular LML insisted me to liaise with debt collector instead when I popped by their office. I couldn't believe what I just faced. Not surprised if DC is AL.
Normally those in office are in-charge of loan. For payment issue, they will ask you to call their collector. And collector is different from debts collector. For payment negotiation, you have to liaise with the collector. And if no payment or default, the collector will send debts collector to either your house or office and give you a demand letter.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #2963

Have u liaise with DC before?
U better go the debt collector they got licence to visit Ur hse ...I kena before
Old 07-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #2964

Normally those in office are in-charge of loan. For payment issue, they will ask you to call their collector. And collector is different from debts collector. For payment negotiation, you have to liaise with the collector. And if no payment or default, the collector will send debts collector to either your house or office and give you a demand letter.
In this case, there wasn't any collector. Straightaway refer to debt collector (DC). Even for payment negotiation they asked to deal with DC. Not sure if this is according to practice and if it isn't, will not hesitate to report. DC contacted me via whatsapp only and LML pushed me to deal with DC. I offered to go down to DC office but DC called LML mobile to speak.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:29 PM   #2965

U better go the debt collector they got licence to visit Ur hse ...I kena before
I nego with DC for instalment but he insisted I make a payment before can do instalment. Very AL right? I even offered to go down to DC office. Told me no payment no discussion. After that reduce the amount and say he nicer now.

Maybe HE WANT TO TRY is it? Strange.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #2966

I nego with DC for instalment but he insisted I make a payment before can do instalment. Very AL right? I even offered to go down to DC office. Told me no payment no discussion. After that reduce the amount and say he nicer now.

Lol!

How long have you been their customer? I'm not sure how LML works, but I'm guessing it's like when banks pass bad debts to their collectors and that means it's off their hands already.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #2967
Master Member

can you make some payment first then negotiate for the installment ?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #2968

can you make some payment first then negotiate for the installment ?
Harri83: PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION FIRST. HAVE YOU LIAISE WITH DEBT COLLECTOR BEFORE??

Last edited by 25chic; 07-08-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #2969

Lol!

How long have you been their customer? I'm not sure how LML works, but I'm guessing it's like when banks pass bad debts to their collectors and that means it's off their hands already.
Lml is license Al when u signed on the contract terms n condition already stated
Old 07-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #2970

ANSWER MY QUESTION FIRST: HAVE YOU LIAISE WITH DEBT COLLECTOR BEFORE??
Yes must pay la..no money no talk.u sign on the contract when u obtain the loan..debt collection come in when yr repayment is not prompt and they job is to chase u for money..u better pay them.if not things really get ugly..debt collector show up at yr hse with letter of demand
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.