Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I came across your reply. Recently I inquire to borrow money from a moneylender advertising his services by sms. My fault is I have send all my details to him, NRIC, bank account. In the end I change my mind and don't want to borrow but he said he already transfer 400., so I must pay 600 by the following week. Following week he ask me to defer payment and pay 200 only., but I want to clear so I paid 600. He started threatening and send some image of loan shark graffiti and threaten to burn my house if I don't pay him another 600. I have lodged a police report and have no intention of paying him again. The police suggest to change my phone number and don't reply again to this ah long.

When receiving this kind of sms. First thing to do is launch a police report.

wizzz_wizzz

Reaction score
I go borrow $100k from 10 ah long, then I can follow the above highlighted step or not ? Then I will become instant millionaire without strike TOTO. Let the police catch all the ah long for harassing me. Can ? :s11::s11::s11:

The police might install CCTV at the premises of the victim under harassment. At most, they can only catch those runners. Owing $ to the ah longs, one will live in constant fear....

Arrol86

Reaction score
Hi I came across your reply. Recently I inquire to borrow money from a moneylender advertising his services by sms. My fault is I have send all my details to him, NRIC, bank account. In the end I change my mind and don't want to borrow but he said he already transfer 400., so I must pay 600 by the following week. Following week he ask me to defer payment and pay 200 only., but I want to clear so I paid 600. He started threatening and send some image of loan shark graffiti and threaten to burn my house if I don't pay him another 600. I have lodged a police report and have no intention of paying him again. The police suggest to change my phone number and don't reply again to this ah long.

May I ask what happened after that ?

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go borrow $100k from 10 ah long, then I can follow the above highlighted step or not ? Then I will become instant millionaire without strike TOTO. Let the police catch all the ah long for harassing me. Can ? :s11::s11::s11:
Police can catch, but loansharking does not receive as serious a sentence as rape or armed robbery... Which means that after a few years, the 10 loansharks will roam free and worse for u if they know/ suspect that it was u who called the police because you intended NOT to repay in the first place. Then good luck to u lor I guess.

sian0.5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another step for consideration on top of reporting to police.

Register your numbers (mobile and home) under the DNC registry for both calls and text.

Though the chance of really killing them is small, as long as they are able to trace down one person it could result in a potentially large fine for them $10k times number of mobile numbers they illegally sent marketing messages to.

Since they usually don't send to just one person, assuming they sent to 200 numbers, that works out to be $2,000,000 fine and potentially jail too.

Of cos with loan sharks probably buying SIM cards from foreign workers, it's hard to really track them, but all it takes is one productive investigation and a desirable result may be realized.

My thoughts and I hope they're useful.

csegaran

Reaction score
I applied for a bank loan, a week later a lady called to say that my loan application for 10k has been approved but she had to verify my particulars and that her finance department will call me. 2 days later a guy called me to say that he is tasked to look into my loan application and that he need to verify my particulars and being excited I gave him all the info. The next day he transferred 500 to me and say that the bank has to confirm my payment ability on defered method before they can approve my 10k loan. Since then I've paid almost 3500 and when I question him on my payment he started to get aggressive and threatened me. Only then I realized that I had inadvertently get entangled with loan shark. When I called the bank I was told that no such application was submitted. What can I do now? Getting very stressed that I could get my self in such a situation. Help please, any advice?

OKorNOT

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied for a bank loan, a week later a lady called to say that my loan application for 10k has been approved but she had to verify my particulars and that her finance department will call me. 2 days later a guy called me to say that he is tasked to look into my loan application and that he need to verify my particulars and being excited I gave him all the info. The next day he transferred 500 to me and say that the bank has to confirm my payment ability on defered method before they can approve my 10k loan. Since then I've paid almost 3500 and when I question him on my payment he started to get aggressive and threatened me. Only then I realized that I had inadvertently get entangled with loan shark. When I called the bank I was told that no such application was submitted. What can I do now? Getting very stressed that I could get my self in such a situation. Help please, any advice?

how old r u btw?
Cant belive u r so gullible

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls go to the police posts/station to make a report/ consult your MP to see what to do. It is their job to keep crime (loansharking, gangsterism, corrupt bankers in cahoots w loansharks)in Singapore low... Otherwise, many others will fall prey to such heinous criminality just like u.

Airiza

Reaction score
Can anyone please give me advise.. this ah long transferred $300 anyhow to my bank account number the other time. But now he ask me to make payment. I did made the first two payment but the thing is I wanted to make last payment supposed to be yesterday. Normally they will just watssap me giving me account number ... but yesterday they nvr n yet they call me using private number . I picked up n they give me the account number. But the thing is they nvr reply. At last they replied after 7 pm n told me that I defaulted the payment.n asked me to make payment once again. Should I make the payment. If I did not make payment... will they come n look for me n my friends?... hope someone can reply

Wskkern

Reaction score
Can anyone please give me advise.. this ah long transferred $300 anyhow to my bank account number the other time. But now he ask me to make payment. I did made the first two payment but the thing is I wanted to make last payment supposed to be yesterday. Normally they will just watssap me giving me account number ... but yesterday they nvr n yet they call me using private number . I picked up n they give me the account number. But the thing is they nvr reply. At last they replied after 7 pm n told me that I defaulted the payment.n asked me to make payment once again. Should I make the payment. If I did not make payment... will they come n look for me n my friends?... hope someone can reply

Dun worried bro.. for juz 300 they will not disturb u de la.. plus u got make payment already...they ask ppl come ur house 1 trip 200.. like that got worth it meh.. dun worried bro

swagboy89

Reaction score
Loanshark Harrasment

Hi All,

Recently i made a huge mistake of sending my details to a loanshark thinking they are licensed moneylenders, turned out they werent. I had to pay $00 in total when they transfer me $400, repor to the police, they seized the money yet SPF is useless because they are just maybe dumb, but I understood I made a mistake, the loanshark guys were nice tho BUT this happens.
I am working overseas now, so he keeps texting me to support him but I ignored and said I dont need it tho I do need money, once bitten twice shy, and then he just texted me out of the blue, he transferred an amount of $300 to my account and ask em pay $400, boy i was so mad and sent him multiple vulga messages, so i realized he was nice, I decided to pay $400, and will close my bank account, and all that, What do u guys think? I know they are just behind the screens, but I am just afraid they will do something to my house. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

swagboy89

Reaction score
Hey, U alr paid them, they just wanted more money, dont care, make a police report, close your acocunt number and get a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.