HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 AM   #3016

Hope the law doesn't go lenient on him. Many of such runners claim to be debtors themselves who are "forced" into working for the AL. Let's make things clear. The AL never "force" them to do anything. They have just been sucked into believing that these faceless AL have any sort of real control of the debtors. If they allow someone to do all sorts of things just because of a few harsh words and shouting, they deserve to be sitting inside jail and have their butts split open.

I hope he gets a good few strokes of the cane even if he's just 19.
It's a bit rich to hope that a 19 year old gets mutilated for life when we were the ones who allowed this to happen in the first place.

Loan sharks also "never force us to do anything". We were also "sucked into believing that these faceless AL have any sort of real control" over us and yet we continued to fund their illegal activities.

The law categorically refers to such acts of vandalism and arson as "unlicensed moneylending harassment" instead of the individual offences because it implies that for the harassment to take place, something else (illegal borrowing) must have happened before. Just because the borrower isn't charged doesn't mean they're innocent little angels and should be protected from errant teenagers.

Most likely, there will be an enthusiastic young lawyer willing to represent him who will tell the court that his mother is ill or he has depression or is remorseful or is a good student and he will get off with a fine and community service. Personally, I'm happy with that status quo because all it takes is one person higher up to lose his sh!t and decide that they've had enough of this nonsense, review the law and make everyone culpable of an offence. Then all of us will also kena jail or fined (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can you imagine all that paperwork?!).

P.S. I don't know the sentence for mischief by arson, if there's such a thing, but I'm like 70% sure it's more harsh than UML harassment.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #3017

So day 3 of my friend's awaken moments and stopped paying those AL. He told me they keep calling his phone and created whatsapp group with NOK. So all numbers are changed except for his. Told me he can at least know what they are up to. So good idea or bad idea on keeping his current phone number?

Sent from Sometimes A.K.A Jimmy using GAGT
Old 12-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #3018
High Supremacy Member

Loan shark runner jailed for ferrying $701,000 to Malaysia

Deputy Public Prosecutor Kenneth Kee said that Ong started borrowing money from a loan shark, who operated under the name Tristan, when he was facing financial difficulties in 2012.

Ong borrowed money from Tristan several times up to 2015 when he was no longer able to repay his debts. In mid-2015, Tristan approached Ong and asked if he wanted to work as a runner for the syndicate.

Ong was told that his total debt would be capped at $36,000 without further interest being charged, and he would also be given a monthly salary of $3,000.

Ong agreed to work for Tristan and did so until his arrest on March 25 last year. He managed to earn about $63,000 while working for the syndicate, the court heard.

DPP Kee said that Ong's job was to meet other runners in Singapore to collect various sums of monies. He was also told to travel to Malaysia after collecting the cash.

It show that those so called loan shark are from Malaysia.
That's why they don't dare to come out meet you when you jio them to meet up.
Go to jail is Singaporean and not those Malaysian loan shark.
Hope Singaporean wise up.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...00-to-malaysia
Old 12-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #3019

So day 3 of my friend's awaken moments and stopped paying those AL. He told me they keep calling his phone and created whatsapp group with NOK. So all numbers are changed except for his. Told me he can at least know what they are up to. So good idea or bad idea on keeping his current phone number?

If he can tahan reading their messages, and legit wants to know what they are up to (although I am not clear what he can do with that information), then by all means, keep his current phone number.

If he cannot tahan reading their messages and would rather have a peaceful life and a phone that doesn't ring 24/7, then just change his number.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #3020

Block n block. No need to read their message. Why want to effect yr daily with nonense message. Why u need to know what is their next move? The best is change number.
Old 13-08-2018, 01:33 AM   #3021

Block n block. No need to read their message. Why want to effect yr daily with nonense message. Why u need to know what is their next move? The best is change number.
I would think he might be paranoid. After all, took him a long time to finally not pay those AL. Now his CCTV will send alert whenever there is motion detected.

Frankly I agreed with you to change his number and once and for all, no disturbance. Slowly let him overcome this bah. He paid 20k over and now he decided not to pay. Considered he woke up abit and taking baby steps lah.

Old 13-08-2018, 04:26 AM   #3022

For lml, can go to silver lining for help. They will help you nego with them for a monthly repayment schedule. But be prepare that the lml will slap the max permitted amount of late charges. Iirc, it is 50% of the principle amount. Also, they are not obliged to agree with the payment schedule but will usually agree to it since they know this is the fastest way they can their money back vs the legal route.
I am thinking of seeking help from silverlining as cant cope with my payments really like ah long sucking my weekly earnings till cant spend on my kids and their daily school expenditures. Seek advise for drs but the Fees i cant afford it.
Old 13-08-2018, 07:45 AM   #3023

I am thinking of seeking help from silverlining as cant cope with my payments really like ah long sucking my weekly earnings till cant spend on my kids and their daily school expenditures. Seek advise for drs but the Fees i cant afford it.
Call a few and seek their help and advices. But what I've heard about Blessed Grace. They will help you for sure but pushy in converting you to Christianity. Always a catch. Nothing wrong with religion. But are you willing to convert when you are not ready?

They can help for sure. Just be prepared for them to keep asking you to go for their Sunday Church Services.

Old 13-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #3024

Hi,

The UML keep calling my office mainline to pester me.

Is there a way to block the hp number from my office number?

Thanks
Old 13-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #3025

Hi,

Thanks
There is no way to do so if it is a landline.

Handphone still can block. But if office line, a bit tough. Have you inform your boss about it?

My buddy also whole day been hounded by them. He just need to brace himself and keep checking his cctv.

Old 13-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #3026

Hi,

Thanks
Can ask reception to divert the call to hp?
Old 13-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #3027

Next time don't use your real info to borrow $$$ from LS la... So toopid
Old 13-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #3028
High Supremacy Member

You come all the way from EDMW.
No pwned sinkie cannot sleep like baby ?
Old 13-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #3029

Using fake identity will also be charged for criminal offense as well, isn't it?

Then don't stupid. Not sure if you know how to spell properly. Not Toopid. Duh.

Old 13-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #3030

Using fake identity will also be charged for criminal offense as well, isn't it?

Then don't stupid. Not sure if you know how to spell properly. Not Toopid. Duh.

Go suck a d1ck please
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.