Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear Less

Reaction score
I need your advise, after I settle to AL that we agreed after 5 days i need return back money to him. Is he still bother to come my place or or my work place? Cos I want to change my number, and close to my account. I don’t want to give and give money until I bankrupt. Only one time . He transferred money $700 without my confirmation and asked me don’t use first money cos after 5 days I return $1,100 I just want to return the amount what he said so that no more obligation. It’s a nightmare and can’t sleep well. The money sleep on my account in 5 days time earn $400???.

Your nightmare has begun. Read all the posts and the answers are there

Nasha123

Reaction score
I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.*

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.*

Don’t fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you can’t make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Don’t do it. Owing money doesn’t resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.*

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please don’t blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you won’t be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.*

Don’t pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members don’t understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.*

What will happen in the event you don’t pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.*

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.*

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We don’t blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We don’t need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.*

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.*

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Thank you for your reply. I read every words.
Now the UML what’s apps me to pay another 500 for late fee. I told them that I don’t have money need to wait.
I don’t want to engage with them anymore but I also cannot change my number due to work relate.

Police report is made once I know that I engaged with UML.

Next I will tell my boss when he’s back next week.

I will look for CCTV, actually the unit opposite me have the bell that also CCTV on their door. I might use the same.

The most difficult part for me is NOK. My husband will furious for sure. He’s even threatened to divorce me and take my son away from me last time that I asked for help.

I’m in this money problem due to I build the house from my mum overseas. And I get cheated by relatives. So he’s very angry and disowned me and my family.

I have been working both full time and part time to be able to clear the bank. So far I manage it but just this month that the payment is cocked up from UK site and I know I cannot ask my husband for help therefore I fell into the UML that advertise by SMS.

I’m trying to be strong but I also feel guilty as I said they not scam me I really asked for it.

I hide all my social media. However when I search my name, my photo still there. I’ve reported google for the outdated content and hopefully they can take down those photo (my profile pic) which I already removed from the original site.

For my neighbor, I planned to just send the flyer myself to tell them that I was scammed and ask them to be more careful

Really the only problem now is my husband. And I cannot bare to leave my son. He is my everything

IamInnocent9696

Reaction score
I need your advise, after I settle to AL that we agreed after 5 days i need return back money back to him. Is he still bother to come my place or or my work place? Cos I want to change my number, and close to my account. I don’t want to give and give money until I bankrupt. Only one time . He transferred money $700 without my confirmation and asked me don’t use first money cos after 5 days I return $1,100 I just want to return the amount what he said so that no more obligation. It’s a nightmare and can’t sleep well. The money sleep on my account in 5 days time earn $400???.

From what i read about all these AL , these guys prey on your fear. The debt will be never ending. They will defer and defer. The pattern will come after you pay the first “full” amount. Most people , even me made the first “full” amount but i still get the ****. But for a piece of mind , i will at least pay him back the agreed amount and tell them its done and over that you will no longer pay nor lend from them.

Close your bank account , to prevent being a money mule / forced transfer.

They normally will start harassing or threaten you by this time.

Make a report to the police with all the things you have done.

Inform that you got scammed by AL whomever those that you have given the contact to AL when they first start to threaten. Then install CCTV.

Change your phone if you cant take the stress,so you cant see their threats.

Office phone try to tell your colleagues that you have made a police report and you fell into a scam by AL. When unknowned call, identify the person, if not customers just politely reply no such person working here.

stay strong and tackle the issue they come everyday. You cant give in , once you give in you will be going back to the same cycle as initial contact.

Provide suspicious footage to your IO and any other evidence if you have.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
From what i read about all these AL , these guys prey on your fear. The debt will be never ending. They will defer and defer. The pattern will come after you pay the first “full” amount. Most people , even me made the first “full” amount but i still get the ****. But for a piece of mind , i will at least pay him back the agreed amount and tell them its done and over that you will no longer pay nor lend from them.

Close your bank account , to prevent being a money mule / forced transfer.

They normally will start harassing or threaten you by this time.

Make a report to the police with all the things you have done.

Inform that you got scammed by AL whomever those that you have given the contact to AL when they first start to threaten. Then install CCTV.

Change your phone if you cant take the stress,so you cant see their threats.

Office phone try to tell your colleagues that you have made a police report and you fell into a scam by AL. When unknowned call, identify the person, if not customers just politely reply no such person working here.

stay strong and tackle the issue they come everyday. You cant give in , once you give in you will be going back to the same cycle as initial contact.

Provide suspicious footage to your IO and any other evidence if you have.
Take the money go buy CCTV..fk those Al.

Beware of scammer loan Kenny Jordan Jayden...all ** scammer loan..every day SMS me and I play along with them

Fear Less

Reaction score
Now the UML what’s apps me to pay another 500 for late fee. I told them that I don’t have money need to wait.
I don’t want to engage with them anymore but I also cannot change my number due to work relate.

I will look for CCTV, actually the unit opposite me have the bell that also CCTV on their door. I might use the same.

The most difficult part for me is NOK. My husband will furious for sure. He’s even threatened to divorce me and take my son away from me last time that I asked for help.

I’m in this money problem due to I build the house from my mum overseas. And I get cheated by relatives. So he’s very angry and disowned me and my family.

I have been working both full time and part time to be able to clear the bank. So far I manage it but just this month that the payment is cocked up from UK site and I know I cannot ask my husband for help therefore I fell into the UML that advertise by SMS.

I’m trying to be strong but I also feel guilty as I said they not scam me I really asked for it.

I hide all my social media. However when I search my name, my photo still there. I’ve reported google for the outdated content and hopefully they can take down those photo (my profile pic) which I already removed from the original site.

For my neighbor, I planned to just send the flyer myself to tell them that I was scammed and ask them to be more careful

Really the only problem now is my husband. And I cannot bare to leave my son. He is my everything

The most difficult part is to deal with your family. Do not run away , face up with them(nok). Alongs are predators and know they are upper hand to get your nok.

Fear Less

Reaction score

The most difficult part is to deal with your family. Do not run away , face up with them(nok). Alongs are predators and know they are upper hand to get your nok.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
@Nasha

I think you have to cast your worries aside for now and come clean with your husband. After all, he is the closest person to you now.

The worst part would be the UML send their runner up and splash paint and your husband find out. So now you need to gather your courage and come clean.

As for those UML, you don’t need to pay them at all. It will never end. They will keep asking for more. Best for you to talk to your husband. Or you could ask a close friend with you and talk to him together.

The main point here is no one can fight your fear except yourself. We are here to advise you and give you some ideas on how to deal with the situation. You need to settle your unsettled mind first and overcome your worries for now. Because from what I see, your husband is not the real problem. The real issue is your mind now.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Why you still bother to pay the AL? If he harass you, you just tell him due to an unauthorised transaction, you have surrendered the money to police. Ask him go there and take. No need to pay them a single cent. They will keep forcing you to take loan even after you say no. This is how desperate they are to hunt for new borrowers.

Next, you need to inform your NOK and work. Install CCTV and lodge a police report.

I need your advise, after I settle to AL that we agreed after 5 days i need return back money to him. Is he still bother to come my place or or my work place? Cos I want to change my number, and close to my account. I don’t want to give and give money until I bankrupt. Only one time . He transferred money $700 without my confirmation and asked me don’t use first money cos after 5 days I return $1,100 I just want to return the amount what he said so that no more obligation. It’s a nightmare and can’t sleep well. The money sleep on my account in 5 days time earn $400???.

Nasha123

Reaction score
@Nasha

I think you have to cast your worries aside for now and come clean with your husband. After all, he is the closest person to you now.

The worst part would be the UML send their runner up and splash paint and your husband find out. So now you need to gather your courage and come clean.

As for those UML, you don’t need to pay them at all. It will never end. They will keep asking for more. Best for you to talk to your husband. Or you could ask a close friend with you and talk to him together.

The main point here is no one can fight your fear except yourself. We are here to advise you and give you some ideas on how to deal with the situation. You need to settle your unsettled mind first and overcome your worries for now. Because from what I see, your husband is not the real problem. The real issue is your mind now.

I think I might talk to my sister in law first and she might be able to at least talk to my mother and father in law or change their number cause it’s all under her.
I read this forum from page 1 to here. On the first few page there’s a Facebook page called Anti Loan Shark SG. I did contact them but they asked for 250 for one UML and ask to hold my phone for 30 days. I cannot pass my phone since it’s work related so I didn’t contact them again.
Today I went to BGSS. The counselor told me I should just return what I take. Not the amount that they said and ignore them completely. The others person told me that I should just ignore them and not pay at all since it won’t be ending.
Like you said the only problem for me now is my husband. I don’t know how to tell him. I might just tell him that I get scammed but don’t know he will buy the story since I do have money problem he might just think it’s a lie.
I’ve been awake at 4 am, cannot sleep, cannot concentrated with work because of my stupidity.

Anyway, really thanks for this forum. At least I know i’m not alone.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

By forcefully transferring to you after you told them no, it is the clearest sign that they are scammers. Even if you pay back the amt on time, they will come out with all sorts of reasons or patterns to claim you still owe them. Dont reply you on due date and say late payment, say your transfer wrongly or wrong account, the person who msg you the acct number is not them etc etc, never ending. You can read from the posts here. What you should do is make police report immediately, close your bank acct, install cctv, inform nok and boss, change number and be mentally prepared for harrassment

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I might talk to my sister in law first and she might be able to at least talk to my mother and father in law or change their number cause it’s all under her.
I read this forum from page 1 to here. On the first few page there’s a Facebook page called Anti Loan Shark SG. I did contact them but they asked for 250 for one UML and ask to hold my phone for 30 days. I cannot pass my phone since it’s work related so I didn’t contact them again.
Today I went to BGSS. The counselor told me I should just return what I take. Not the amount that they said and ignore them completely. The others person told me that I should just ignore them and not pay at all since it won’t be ending.
Like you said the only problem for me now is my husband. I don’t know how to tell him. I might just tell him that I get scammed but don’t know he will buy the story since I do have money problem he might just think it’s a lie.
I’ve been awake at 4 am, cannot sleep, cannot concentrated with work because of my stupidity.

Sooner or later, your husband will know if they start the harrassment. So rather he finding it out then, better to confess to him first. Your fear of him leaving you is the weapon the uml has and which will make you do their bidding. Once you come clean to him, the uml has nothing to threaten you

Nasha123

Reaction score
Now the first UML just contacted me again to asking for late payment 500 that I didn’t give on Monday. I told them that I don’t have now and ask for full settlement next week but they didn’t give me the amount.
I know you guys are keep telling don’t give them but I just think I need to talk to them first until I settle with NOK

Babes888

Reaction score
Thanks for reply and concerned. My due date is 3 more days to go. Some of my friends told me better I pay back the money $700 + $400 interest to them at least less worry . Then immediately send the photo of the receipt to them the I have clear the money. Then change number and close the account number . And tell my boss and NOK that is the happening. Then the important is put the CCtV outside the house . What do you think it really can helpful? Really stress.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Thanks for reply and concerned. My due date is 3 more days to go. Some of my friends told me better I pay back the money $700 + $400 interest to them at least less worry . Then immediately send the photo of the receipt to them the I have clear the money. Then change number and close the account number . And tell my boss and NOK that is the happening. Then the important is put the CCtV outside the house . What do you think it really can helpful? Really stress.

I think u should close ur account first...then u use cash deposit machine to transfer them...my bank account takes one week to close cos I used it before that....then u clear already just change ur number. And install cctv. Hang in there

IamInnocent9696

Reaction score
I think u should close ur account first...then u use cash deposit machine to transfer them...my bank account takes one week to close cos I used it before that....then u clear already just change ur number. And install cctv. Hang in there

I closed and open a new one immediately , i went to bank counter and show them the report. Then setup other giros myself again ..

Singpass and many things need manually change

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Nasha, don’t go to Facebook anti loanshark Singapore. They are more of scam than helping. They would ask you to pay a certain amount in order for them to help you. But here, all the advices are free and people who really been through all the harassment.

Now you need to get your NOK support. What’s done cannot be undone. All you need is a clear mind to do the next step. Sleep and rest whenever possible. But get a cctv first as you will be able to fend off the runners if they send.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
It really will help if you install cctv. My buddy got his door splashed last month and within 2 weeks, the police captured the runner due to the help of cctv.

No point paying the AL at all. They won’t stop. By paying them, they will think you are scared of them. And easy target. So you don’t need to be afraid of them. Look at where all these people experienced before and now they are all having a better life than having sucked by AL.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry to say, u have fallen into the trap... it's a sticky situation now

Babes888

Reaction score
I went to police and advised me to give the money to the bank . Unathorize person which is I don’t know who’s the person transferred money. And then police helped me to blocked the person his contact number . And no need to entertain anymore cos once I make transfer money they asked some more so, police said no need. Better change account number , phone number and face the problem with family specially NOK. I’m still worried for the next happend to me and my family and colleague . I already have a number for Invistigation officers whatever happen call them straight . Still blurred cos I don’t know what to do.

Last edited:

guanhui1987

Reaction score
ROM, counsellor and help group

Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Saw some of the posts here that we should call ROM, what does ROM stand for?

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.