HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #3781

U need to go down n talk to yr handler. They will negotiate within yr means... also they r Christian grp so need to go thru 10 session with them...

I 2 session n run off.
Partly also stress up handle LML n AL issue...
wat happens if LML cant pay, will they come office to demand payment or make a scene, looked likely will lose my job if they come to office to demand
Old 19-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #3782

Like i mentioned in the earlier posts:

1. Never give out your details to anyone especially your NRIC, Singpass etc even if its just "enquiring" - especially online web or sms/whatsapp loan scheme.
They will entice u by saying installment plans for 1k loan or above to throw the "bait".
They will act professional as if they are licensced lenders but based on latest Moneylending act - Licensed Money lending cannot solicited or transact any business via phone, sms or any communication method. Must go through paper contract only.

2. If you are already "engaged" or made the wrong move to engage them, nvr surrender your bank account to them. Because once they have your bank account - it will look to SPF as if you are abetting them in opening bank account for money laundering and transfers. Based on experience - these AL never use their own bank accounts for repayments...its always some other borrowers bank account.
How they work is like this --> You request for loan - they "hunt" other pitiful borrowers for defer payment - then they ask them to transfer the so called repayment to your account(without u knowing) and when its your turn to repay - they try to find new borrowers (common phrase used by AL - wait i find account for u) for you to transfer your repayment to their account.
That's y its hard to trace their tracks as they have little footprint for police to nab them.

3. In order for them to be "successfull" in this trade, they use fear to intidimate you and force to keep up with the payment. The defer payments normally are monies which some pitiful borrowers who go and make new accounts for the money to be cash out and handed to them personally.(money mules)

4. UML and LML are using the same database. So if you are borrowing from LML, chances are u will receive calls from UML to so-call help u in your LML loans by getting unlicensed loans from them to pay off your LML. They work together so their business can thrive. Simple logic - Demand=business and to create demand - they need to create "opportunity".

Therefore the only way to stop these suckers is only thru these :

1. Never engage into UML
2. If unknowingly got entangled : stop paying them
3. Report police - inform them on all the numbers and accounts you were given.
4. Installl CCTV and turn on motion detectors.
5. close your bank account and change your mobile number
6. Inform your workplace, NOK or any other information that was previously given to the UML
7. Inform your neighbours to be on the alert - at this point no need for face. Thicken your skin so that we can stop these scums.
8. DO not fall into the trap to engage another LML or UML to pay off the old unlicensed loans...the cycle will not stop and the "hole" will just get bigger.
9. Take 1 step back and learn to relax. Majority of these UML operate overseas and they only engage runners to do their dirty work. With the CCTV - they can try to do th dirty work but at least you have captured the faces and got evidence. WIth that you can help our SPF guys to nab them.
10. Last but not least - STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS. By stopping any payment - you are cutting their lifeline and income source to engage runners or continue harrassing other people. If anyone keeps paying them - you are "actually" funding their dirty work.

No need to be stress of these muthafxxxxxs. All just talk but no balls.PErsonally if they dare come - i will keep them one time jialat jialat one. then i report to police..lol.
Thanks.... What's ur case...?
Old 19-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #3783

Oh.... no wonder... mine I think only like within 20 transcation w them...
Kambatei n stay tough w them...
Think need to chk u on tactic to handle those AL if need....

So far with the 2x camera from SPF at my unit corridor, I sleep like log.

They will try ways to make u suffer so that u give in to them. So stay strong. Dont give in since we are innocent. My acc too many ah long in and out cause i got 40 over loans. Thats why my IO need very long to investigate and also i become suspect
Old 19-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #3784

NOK can't change due to work.... that's what has been bothering me.... I changed my number I found peace already.... But my NOK still getting spam.... I think the al no business...
Work also can change. Just need to make the trouble to inform everyone. Rather than let AL keep disturbing.
Old 19-09-2018, 11:55 PM   #3785

Oh.... no wonder... mine I think only like within 20 transcation w them...
Kambatei n stay tough w them...
Think need to chk u on tactic to handle those AL if need....

So far with the 2x camera from SPF at my unit corridor, I sleep like log.
I used to wake up and look at the cam. After 1 month i give up. Haha
Old 19-09-2018, 11:55 PM   #3786

Maybe time being b hardwking to block them..

Like my wife harass by their ads n calls.
Now tone down liao.

Work also can change. Just need to make the trouble to inform everyone. Rather than let AL keep disturbing.
Old 19-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #3787

Told them Liao.... But they insist on not changing.... Furthermore all my fault for creating these mess, no rights to say anything to them...
Old 19-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #3788

Now I also rarely chk my own one.

SPF ones link to their system...

My wife n kid also stay w in laws now.
Next year sell n move away lo.

She didn't know on my AL case.
Only LML ones
I used to wake up and look at the cam. After 1 month i give up. Haha
Old 19-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #3789

wat happens if LML cant pay, will they come office to demand payment or make a scene, looked likely will lose my job if they come to office to demand
They can only go your office pass u letter of demand. They cannot make a scene or shout. If they do so, u can call for police for public nusiance
Old 19-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #3790

Maybe time being b hardwking to block them..

Like my wife harass by their ads n calls.
Now tone down liao.
Haha.... They just airplane mode their phone when they start calling.... Any new threats or harassment, I will head down to the police post on the same day to update them...
Old 19-09-2018, 11:59 PM   #3791

Told them Liao.... But they insist on not changing.... Furthermore all my fault for creating these mess, no rights to say anything to them...
All we want is to start a new life. Give us a chance to change for better.
Old 20-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #3792

All we want is to start a new life. Give us a chance to change for better.
Yes....so true... But at this point now, really words don't mean anything already... Only time can prove to them.... I would definitely advice anyone/everyone don't go into UML... Really a disaster, even paid the amount to clear also not enough..... I was just naive enough to believe they were LML.... Lol
Old 20-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #3793

Thanks.... What's ur case...?
Same as most guys in here - enquire loan for 1k -then asked to take trial loan. When i said no, they transferred 400 to my acc. paid 1.2k in "defer" payments but still say loan not closed. so i "ball" up and go police make report.
Coincidentally, i read up about this thread and followed the advices in here.
Last 2 mths they called - i answered - they asked want to run from your loan right?
I just said them - u want money u come see me face to face.until now never come.
i kept my number because i am continuing to update the police on any information i can get. (but i have since get a new number so they can continue to bombard me on the old number - lolz)
They even "offered" me for closure and with bank account - same thing i made a short call to the IO and give them the number.
Old 20-09-2018, 12:03 AM   #3794

Then u can go legal claim them.
U explore mlaw n can lodge complain if any those faker LML harass u.

Seek help grp like silver lining...
I paid a 1 time $5 n they did help u negotiate w them.

LML don't have to b too scare by them cause they r government by law.

Old 20-09-2018, 12:05 AM   #3795

That the way.
I keep my old number r to anticipate their move n report.
They call, block n on silent.
Text, I keep record to report.

Same as most guys in here - enquire loan for 1k -then asked to take trial loan. When i said no, they transferred 400 to my acc. paid 1.2k in "defer" payments but still say loan not closed. so i "ball" up and go police make report.
Coincidentally, i read up about this thread and followed the advices in here.
Last 2 mths they called - i answered - they asked want to run from your loan right?
I just said them - u want money u come see me face to face.until now never come.
i kept my number because i am continuing to update the police on any information i can get. (but i have since get a new number so they can continue to bombard me on the old number - lolz)
They even "offered" me for closure and with bank account - same thing i made a short call to the IO and give them the number.
maxphreak likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.