Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
No need to be blur now. For now, just brace yourself and no need to be afraid of those AL. You need your family support. Now you need to do the following :

1. Get a cctv install
2. Change your phone number
3. Inform NOK and work
4. Close your bank account
5. Set your social media accounts all to private or deactivate them.

I went to police and advised me to give the money to the bank . Unathorize person which is I don’t know who’s the person transferred money. And then police helped me to blocked the person his contact number . And no need to entertain anymore cos once I make transfer money they asked some more so, police said no need. Better change account number , phone number and face the problem with family specially NOK. I’m still worried for the next happend to me and my family and colleague . I already have a number for Invistigation officers whatever happen call them straight . Still blurred cos I don’t know what to do.

BaconHam

Reaction score
To everyone taking ur first steps now..
1. U are feeling guilty. Thats norm cause we always return what we owe.

2. U r worried ur family gets harassed and u will trouble them to go thru ur mistakes.

3. U think of paying n just close case.

Everyone also same.. My IO also tell me its human nature because we r not out to scam al.

I didnt listen to IO at first. I went to borrow frm a friend to clear 5 digit debts. But, its never ending...

End of the day, u are just shifting from one hole to another hole. U will always be debted.

Remind urself, u were not that bad before borrowing from them.

Confirm kena black face frm family.nvm,just tahan and it will be ok in mths time.

I put to a stop when i was asked to assist in an investigation because someone like u trf money to me because i took a loan. Indirectly, i become a suspect and got myself into a lot of inconvenience.

I woke up when the io told me..
1. U pay them now, u r just paying for ur own paint.
2. U think u havent paid enuff, in fact they prob used ur money paid to earn more than what u had owe.
3. Squeezing the max out of u to gain capital to loan to more pple n earn more profits. (it also mean that we r funding their illegal biz)

The fact that when we recd money, crime is committed. Borrowing is not a crime but we give him an acct to trf his biz funds to us (dirty become clean money) is alr an offence.

I paid them stupidly n now i have to bear the consequences of borrowing frm them. I feel so not worth it.

They prob earned back what i owe by lending my interest to others alr. So no need feel guilty.

Next, let them splash. No malu. Pple asked, u say some neighbors owe AL n anyhow put u as guarantor. U start now, u end this drama early. U drag longer to start, the later u get this sorted

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
ROM means registry of moneylenders

You all shouldn’t entertain those UML at all. They are always full of lame excuses just to make you pay more. You can help by telling your brother and father not to fear them and **** them off over the phone.

Install cctv and change hp numbers. Those UML will run out of runners to do their jobs now that police are catching all the runners.

Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Saw some of the posts here that we should call ROM, what does ROM stand for?

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.
ROM registry of moneylenders
Blessed Grace aka bgss
Report love scam and uml scam to police

Block calls n msgs. U reply them, they will suck u dry.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Before u pay them...
Ask urself..

What other legal bills u have to pay to give ur family a better life?

1. PUB bill?
2. School fees?
3. Telco bills?

Pay all these better than uml.

Give ur fam a better life.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Now the first UML just contacted me again to asking for late payment 500 that I didn’t give on Monday. I told them that I don’t have now and ask for full settlement next week but they didn’t give me the amount.
I know you guys are keep telling don’t give them but I just think I need to talk to them first until I settle with NOK

FYI...talk to them really no use one...they later say Okok when u pay they come pattern already... we all walk before the same path...come upfront with ur NOK is the Top priority now....

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Before u pay them...
Ask urself..

What other legal bills u have to pay to give ur family a better life?

1. PUB bill?
2. School fees?
3. Telco bills?

Pay all these better than uml.

Give ur fam a better life.
Yes..u those bloodsucker they will nite time go KTV and enjoy...

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Thank you.
Wah Ur brother hero borrow from uml to spend on Siam bu....

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i understand correctly, it is the uml that you are having problems with, not the lml. In that case, rom and the help group wont be able to do much except to ask you to ignore the calls. Spf is the one you shld turn to

Thank you.

Nasha123

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for support.
Checkliist

Police report - done
CCTV - ordered will collect on Sat
Close acc - not yet
Change number- cannot, work related
Block UML - not yet since I don’t want them to start harass yet before I tell NOK
Inform office - plan to do next week when boss is back
Inform NOK - most difficult part for me - still need to find the way. Might just tell them that I got scammed.

Last edited:

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Checkliist

Police report - done
Close acc - not yet
Block UML - not yet since I don’t want them to start harass yet before I tell NOK
Inform NOK - most difficult part for me - still need to find the way. Might just tell them that I got scammed.

The only worry is, I will be in AUS by the end of this month for work so I’m afraid that my house might not be safe since only my maid, my son and my father in law stay there (he has stroke). My husband is working overseas and only come back on weekend.

Ur checklist u can do and save it on ur notes...please don’t provide sensitive details over here since it’s a public space....u think they will wait for ur boss to come back then start harassing...? U have to let him know first.....how Long can u hold them off...? NOK is always the hardest but they deserve the truth since things already happened and we got them involved unwillingly too....but we all did it so can you....all the best and hang in there...

Fear Less

Reaction score
Ur checklist u can do and save it on ur notes...please don’t provide sensitive details over here since it’s a public space....u think they will wait for ur boss to come back then start harassing...? U have to let him know first.....how Long can u hold them off...? NOK is always the hardest but they deserve the truth since things already happened and we got them involved unwillingly too....but we all did it so can you....all the best and hang in there...

If you cant change number, ignore and dont read msg or dump them.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Checkliist

Police report - done
Close acc - not yet

The only worry is, I will be in AUS by the end of this month for work so I’m afraid that my house might not be safe since only my maid, my son and my father in law stay there (he has stroke). My husband is working overseas and only come back on weekend.

Let ur IO know to increase patrols.
Cctv monitorong. They will come during wee hours. Tell maid if kena splash,jus leave it.

Infm ur maid u got scammed. Tats what i tell my helper too. So she knws to be fierce.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Tell nok is nv easy.
But its not as tough too.
Once nok knows.. I'm telling u.. U wont feel so scared already.

Reaction score
Guys , any action from your AL yet ? Have received a few text asking me if i want jobs lol . One even text me say to provide loan but go find him take . ROFL played along with him and he told me to go up his house get . Send me address and tell me reach take a pic of the gate and send him HAHAHA .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.