Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babes888

Reaction score
Police already said that don’t return any single cents to them. But How Long the AL can stop the stupidility once he already do the nonsense . What I mean is after they throwing the paint in the house. ? Really scary leh. Stressed day!

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s why faster go and install cctv. No point you keep stressing yourself over nothing for now.

Police already said that don’t return any single cents to them. But How Long the AL can stop the stupidility once he already do the nonsense . What I mean is after they throwing the paint in the house. ? Really scary leh. Stressed day!

Nasha123

Reaction score
Thanks everyone again for your support. I spoke to my NOK. Feel relieved now. But still left my husband.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Responded to an sms on monthly loan and ULM responded saying that I have no records and had to take a trial loan of $700. After getting all my information, he proceed to transfer me $650 saying $50 was for admin fees and asked to pay back 2 days later the said amount of $900. 2nd day when msg him to transfer the $900 to clear loan, he said that I must inform him one day before and ask me to tsfr $200 instead for defer. By now, I knew I was scammed so I tsfr $200 and said that I want to clear the amount on the 4th day and he said ok. Came 4th day, and I keep msg him for the acct no, and he keep delaying saying that he has no acct for me to clear and told to wait. Almost to 6.45pm, he called me to say that he has no acct for me to clear loan and asked me to defer another day to pay him $200 and he will refund me the money back when I clear my loan. I didn’t take the chance, when he text me the acct no, I transfer him the $900 and send him the receipt. He said all $900 will be taken in as interest and my loan is still running. I blocked and reported him as SPAM on whatsapp, off my hp. I reported to the SPF and install “CCTV” at my unit. This all started on the 2nd Oct, and by 6th Oct, I had paid including his loan ($650) a total of $1100. He has my hubby contact, my office and home..and I haven’t hear from him since the 6th. Wondering when he will strike ☹ having sleepless nights

Were u so hard up for that 700 loan?

I mean, 2 days later u had 900 to pay him back already

Just curious..

Headached

Reaction score
hi.. i've read this thread from the very begining till now.. and i have stop paying my AL as i've followed the advice here. yst bombard me with msg and videos... police report already made.. i'm not afraid of them but worried for my family safety.. haiss.. my turn now to go thru all those harassement

Dun worry bro...if dun want being harassment just change no...ni semua gegar palsu

maxphreak

Reaction score
Same for me . I don't even know my nok workplace . And yet they know hmm
This is what they call - "phishing". These people will try "tricks" and methods to fish information - bits from everything they know about u and then use these information to threaten you.
I mention earlier in one of the postings here - Information and data about u can be used to do a whole lot of things. One phone number, one ic number, one address and one NOK information is the starting block to get more details of other things.
Common places of how our information is given to them unknowingly are :
1. Phone calls enquiring about stuffs you wouldnt normally divulge - by using offers or discounts as a cover.
2. Online enquiries for loans in the web - with you entering all your details online giving them easy access to your information.
3. Calls that pretended to be wrong number or ask whther u are working there (if they have your workplace number).

So people be very very careful with sharing your details or information about u or your family anywhere. BE vigilant and do not be easily enticed by offers or convenience online as your data maybe misused in cases like loan scams etc.

JCKH0380

Reaction score
Guess tonight is my night , ip cam recorded suspicious people come up and walk away . Look at the unit display board and then look at my unit.

Getting ready kaysi , Time to rumble. Will fight as long as is not those fierce thai guys.

They see cctv they wont come one

JCKH0380

Reaction score
hi.. i've read this thread from the very begining till now.. and i have stop paying my AL as i've followed the advice here. yst bombard me with msg and videos... police report already made.. i'm not afraid of them but worried for my family safety.. haiss.. my turn now to go thru all those harassement

Family sure safe. If you dont bother about what other see u. Basically nothing u should be worried about

BaconHam

Reaction score
It's been better definitely. I don't have to stress myself anymore.

Just clearing all my restructured loans with LML.

Althou i just started to completely cut...
Althou what i got in the end was being suspected by police and had to wait for whole thing to come to an end..

But im happy because i just relook into my credit report and decide to clear one by one!!

I can have so much money to pay uml, how come i never think of helping myself?? Im so stupid.. But i will try my best to stay clean on credit bureau asap. Start afresh

BaconHam

Reaction score
The only thing is i’m not afraid if he want to leave me. I deserve it. But I cannot bear to live without my son. He is my everything.
So far nothing from UML yet since the due date will be on Monday. I haven’t block their number yet since i’m scared that they might call my NOK before I speak to them.

Sis, dont overthink. Marriages are not easy to break apart because it took a lot to be together.

Dont over think. Quickly sort it out woth ur nok. 2 brains think better than 1. Men r more gutsy. He might even be more fierce to face them than u.

BaconHam

Reaction score
This is what they call - "phishing". These people will try "tricks" and methods to fish information - bits from everything they know about u and then use these information to threaten you.
I mention earlier in one of the postings here - Information and data about u can be used to do a whole lot of things. One phone number, one ic number, one address and one NOK information is the starting block to get more details of other things.
Common places of how our information is given to them unknowingly are :
1. Phone calls enquiring about stuffs you wouldnt normally divulge - by using offers or discounts as a cover.
2. Online enquiries for loans in the web - with you entering all your details online giving them easy access to your information.
3. Calls that pretended to be wrong number or ask whther u are working there (if they have your workplace number).

So people be very very careful with sharing your details or information about u or your family anywhere. BE vigilant and do not be easily enticed by offers or convenience online as your data maybe misused in cases like loan scams etc.

To add on.. Dont forget, they might have people working in some data companies or what.. We wont know.

Or jus a missed call n ask, where r u calling frm? Which company? Thats it liao.

Or maybe some debtors kena threaten to feed info?

I alr told my kids not to reply to strangers. I told my helper the same.

Zane601000

Reaction score
Hi can I asking for my Friend and he is a first timer. He contacted one of the AL who have contacted him via sms and they talk through WhatsApp. Didn’t gave his Singpass just front and back ic and He got $500 from him. Will he come up to my Friend place just for that $500? He gave him fake numbers for NOK. Lol and my Friend isn’t staying at home tho.
Read all the threads posted here.. How your friend hide they'll still find out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.