Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Just ignore them. They are not legal business and you didn’t sign anything. They are full of shït. Just get a cctv and lodge a police report. Best to change your HP number as well. Inform NOK and workplace that You have been scammed. Cos they will keep harass you til you pay. No need to be scared of them

I wanted to borrow for monthly payment . The other party say I need to open a basic account with them first so I took up a small loan $450 that's on Thursday . Then they proceed to do the paper work for me for monthly loan . On Friday I told them pls cancel the application for monthly loan. I dun need aldy . Then on Sunday they ask me to pay 150 for the defer of the 450 loan . I paid n I told them Monday I wanna clear the amt . Then on Monday when I ask for account to clear payment they tell me because I cancel the application I need to pay the requested loan amt $2k

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
No need to give in to their threats. Here a lot of survivors. Your amount small. So no need to worry. If you are still worried, read from the start of this thread. A lot of them all leading a happier life now.

I wanted to borrow for monthly payment . The other party say I need to open a basic account with them first so I took up a small loan $450 that's on Thursday . Then they proceed to do the paper work for me for monthly loan . On Friday I told them pls cancel the application for monthly loan. I dun need aldy . Then on Sunday they ask me to pay 150 for the defer of the 450 loan . I paid n I told them Monday I wanna clear the amt . Then on Monday when I ask for account to clear payment they tell me because I cancel the application I need to pay the requested loan amt $2k

chulu2810

Reaction score
U should install 1 at door. Mine spf ones they install at corridor to protect my neighbours too. I have my own 1 at my gate.
Mine can see e spf cctv from 1st floor.

No lei bro.. Mine went to my door n ask if im staying there.

I believe he didnt see thr cctv ba..

Last edited:

lapcheongsap

Reaction score

Just follow what Jimmy said. You will be fine. The amount is too low plus if you return and do the necessary, doubt they will try anything funny. But incase anything happens, report police and also inform office + nok numbers you gave them. Should do fine without cctv but it really depends if you wanna play it safer.

BaconHam

Reaction score
U should install 1 at door. Mine spf ones they install at corridor to protect my neighbours too. I have my own 1 at my gate.
Mine can see e spf cctv from 1st floor.
Wah.. So big meh.
I got one at corridor liao.. But he still came to my door lei. I suspect he din see

Luis nguyen

Reaction score
Any one can help. I loan 400. 7 days pay 500 clear, defer 100. After 1 week. They give me bank acc to pay. I alr said clear 500 but Al said this acc can not clear, only defer and said next week give me bank acc to clear.i believe and trans 100. Next week they said again can not clear, only defer. What can i do. Trans 500 and block them?

BaconHam

Reaction score
Any one can help. I loan 400. 7 days pay 500 clear, defer 100. After 1 week. They give me bank acc to pay. I alr said clear 500 but Al said this acc can not clear, only defer and said next week give me bank acc to clear.i believe and trans 100. Next week they said again can not clear, only defer. What can i do. Trans 500 and block them?
Extreme - ignore n block
Gentle - tell them u only want clear acct to close arbo dont send money

Fear Less

Reaction score

its not about the money you owe and pay them . its about your begining journey into nightmares of harassment.go read the past many advices.. your nok . workplace. colleagues. possibly your address ..

pororokia

Reaction score
was reading this thread, just curious on why the need to borrow sums like $500 which i see many can afford to return to avoid the harrasment?

$500 if wanna avoid cashflow problems i think its easier to approach frens for help.

huathuat888

Reaction score
Ive been 1.5yrs ive been paying. I cleared n reloans. Until i finally had enough cause i clear off many times n i feel its a cycle.

IO also say, maybe i gd leg. Thats why.. I let it be n see how lor.

I tell myself endure endure.. Dont uturn

So u loaned from LS, cleared then reloan. Should not have any issues with them? So now they harass you because? I cleared and reloaned mine many times but even if I stopped loaning, they are ok. They will just ask once in a while want to reloan or not? I know I am paying interest of 20% and I pay them on time weekly. So I do not get any harassment from them at all. I am NOT trying to defend the LS. Please do not misunderstand.

I have met scammer LS too and also made police report.

Last edited:

Babes888

Reaction score
Since we already cleared to pay back the money to LS last Sunday . So far till now no news already . Hope and pray that no more disturbance us. Really stress all day to monitor them.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Some also got steady ones but at end they will also "chu" pattern or their downline.

So u loaned from LS, cleared then reloan. Should not have any issues with them? So now they harass you because? I cleared and reloaned mine many times but even if I stopped loaning, they are ok. Will just ask once in a while want to reloan or not? I know I am paying interest of 20% and I pay them on time weekly. So I do not get any harassment from them at all. I am NOT trying to defend the LS. Please do not misunderstand.

I have met scammer LS too and also made police report.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Believe some r doing trial loan for a bigger amt.
Perhaps some had loaned fr their friend circle n LS is e last resort.

was reading this thread, just curious on why the need to borrow sums like $500 which i see many can afford to return to avoid the harrasment?

$500 if wanna avoid cashflow problems i think its easier to approach frens for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.