Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it’s best to be discreet here in mentioning those LS names. Be it you are not paying them. Still your family’s safety is your top priority.

My wife also angry for being threatened. She did as I told to tell them we are not paying. Going police and blocked number.

Saw a missed call in my office mailbox. Planning to speak to HR head but think I’ll wait till Monday.

First time in my life I been threatened. But I tell myself I don’t owe these fellas nothing and I have nothing to hide either. Imagine if they really did transfer the 50k to me. I’d be done for life.

Yes it’s true end early and bite the bullet. Eventually it will go away. Kinda curious how the drama will unfold in the next few days.

The guy who I deal with is called xxx. He has a partner by the name xxx. Ready somewhere about Xxxx but now cannot locate. I suppose they have struck others in this post surely.

Legionchaos

Reaction score
Thanks people for the posting.

Yes i agree DO NOT PAY THESE UML.

My family member stupidly signup and got into chaos with loan paid with high interest (usual story) in less than 1 mth but was kenna a force loan which indirectly affected myself.

Lucky stand firm even though first 2-3 days was like confused lost and scare but after reading all, i agree NO PAY THEM ESPICALLY THESE FORCE LOANS!!!! DUN GIVE IN TO FEAR.

UML dealing and handling them follow the protocol:
1) make police report
2) install cctv (can anyone recommend)
3) face it espically if you are innocent party, if debtor tear face value and humbly applogise and make sure change new leaf
4) change your mobile number close all accounts that is used for uml (DEBTOR)
5) NEVER GIVE UR ATM CARD / SINGPASS to UML
6) mentally prep that runners will come decor the door
7) mentally prep if u need to defend against the runners
8) DO NOT FEAR! THIS IS THE SAME AS WAR FEAR NOT THE ENEMY ESPICALLY WHEN WE ARE FIGHTING
thank all for the strong word of encouragement

IamInnocent9696

Reaction score
I did something really stupid.

Due to some opportunity to invest I needed some funds so after using up my savings I was still short of some 50k. Coincidentally I had received this message offering loan on watsapp. 50k for 60 months at 1000$ per month. Thinking I give it a try I contacted the number and soon it began.
The guy started chatting and patiently answering all my questions. And by night he had my Singpass login password to check my details. All done and changed the password immediately. Later I got a message saying loan approved, and asked for my account number. Gave it and was told they will send me a test loan which I need to pay in a feeble days. So they transfer 400 and return 700$. 300$ will be returned to ne later. Strange as it sounded I agreed. Shortly after I received the amount and confirmed back.

Today I then got a call saying I need to pay $1280 for processing fee. In total they will return it together with the loan amount. Was busy and didn’t think much so I transferred. My fast transfer allow only 1k so I told the balance I’ll do it tomorrow. That’s when I woke up and started googling out.

Eventually started reading this post and the horror stories. I instantly decided this had to end right away. Called the guy and told him I don’t need the loan and. I also knew I would not get my 1k and so told he can keep it and I am done.

Then the nightmare started. He threatens me that I have to take the loan blah blah but I stood firm. In the end he agrees for me settle info I transfer the 700$ back and we are all square. That was at 11:13. And I had to transfer back by 11:15. Still 2 mins was good enough so I quickly stared my internet app just to realise I already exceeded my daily limit. So immediately called him
Back to say I need 20 mins to drive to posb and make a deposit. He aggresn but as soon as I got there, deposited and sent him the picture of the receipt the guys calls me and says I was late and now I need to pay 2000$.

There was lots of swearing and cursing from him and more messages with lots of threats and pictures. I stood firm saying he will not get a single cent from me. A few more calls later I blocked him. More messages appears from another number so blocked that too. That was the end of it.

All this happened an hour ago. Last threat was that they will send commando to my home and call my wife etc. I did not budge and then the 2000$ became 5000$.

The guy made a cool 1300$ from me for nothing. But after reading some
If the stores here I knew I’d be trouble with a 50k loan over 5 years. I be doomed and so’d be my family.

Now I am just waiting for them to try again to scare me to bet that money they demanded.

I a hoping that they be happy with what they already made from me and don’t bother any more especially since I did not yield to their threats.

I just hope they don’t call my Wife and office tomorrow or even worse show up at my door.

It was big mistake but in the end I think I stepped back out of a larger life time mess.

Rest assured I will not be paying a single cent to them no matter what. But then l expect some anxiety for the next few days or weeks.

Would these guys try or be happy with what the already got from me?

Totally Same Stuff, And they might come right on the next week after all these. Hit metal while hot.

Should make police report now
Install CCTV
close your bank account
Inform all NOK and working colleague that you have been scammed (they will try all those singpass contacts etc etc)
Change your phone number if you dont want to get harassed

Wait and see if they will come. More than likely they will invest abit for runners to come up once or twice.

Fear Less

Reaction score
My wife also angry for being threatened. She did as I told to tell them we are not paying. Going police and blocked number.

Saw a missed call in my office mailbox. Planning to speak to HR head but think I’ll wait till Monday.

First time in my life I been threatened. But I tell myself I don’t owe these fellas nothing and I have nothing to hide either. Imagine if they really did transfer the 50k to me. I’d be done for life.

Yes it’s true end early and bite the bullet. Eventually it will go away. Kinda curious how the drama will unfold in the next few days.

The guy who I deal with is called Xxx. He has a partner by the name sunny. Ready somewhere about Xxx but now cannot locate. I suppose they have struck others in this post surely.

*Edited to delete names

now be ready for the storm , "protect" your home with cctv. Tell your boss about scam ( your may not be forgiving ) tackle this issue bexause LS most likely will hantam (blast) your office. if you cant change phone number, ignore all unknown calls and smses. Reading them may give you nightmares .. for me I aint afraid. the bustards even called me a swindler because they cant press my balls for money

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Search Engine Optimization. How do you change a bank account and will your pay then be transferred there? I'm changing jobs soon (unrelated to this).

For banks, just tell them you believe your acct has been compromised and usually they will just open a new one for you, no question asked.

As for salary, since you have already close your existing accoint, not possible for the crediting of the salary to go thru. you have to update your hr/finance the new account number for them to credit it. You might also check if your co has a monthly cut off date for any change of acct number

rigrig

Reaction score
what i hear before is they can paste poster outside your condo. ask commando chiong in condo i think not easy to find. chances of getting catch very high for few hundred not worth it. now wanna find whack HDB already not easy too. catch rate too high. i will say they just wanna try to dig more money from you thats all.

They are for sure not going to get anything from me and I made it clear to him from the onset once the situation started to turn sour.

My message was clear. I don’t have any more money to give and you will not see a single $ coming out of me. Then more threats and eventually gone silent.

I did not even once beg to leave me alone or ask not to contact me. Even told him that my Wife and family are made aware already so good luck in contacting them. Lastly told him the next time you make contact I’ll be reporting to police.
I don’t live in a HDB so to some extent there is security. But they could tailgate and come to my unit nevertheless.
I live next door to a gentleman who works in CID division (not that he will be able to do anything or not) and he works nights so usually their door is always open and they have a fierce dog who will bark without fail and then trigger my own dog to bark. That might not be much but for now it’s something.

In the meanwhile I’ll work out a CCTV installation.

winster

Reaction score
While at NOC the officer was very deligent and took 1.5 hours to complete the report. In between he called a UML division (can’t remember the exact words they use) to confirm my type of case is the current trend for AL. NPC is just a block away too.

We were advices to continue to ignore calls and demands to pay. Funny part is that the last demand to pay up 2000$ delivered verbally and never through a message. So that part was not in the report. My case is that I have paid what I owed (which I didn’t borrow in the first place and payed 333%) and I am being harassed for more.

We decided not to change numbers. Both nok and myself are not that concerned with the calls and messages if any.

My bank account is also still active but I been monitoring for any suspicious transfers.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
If apply license money lenders need to give singpass.

No....licensed money lenders are not suppose to ask for ur Singpass either....licensed money lenders u need go down to their shop, face to face, key in ur Singpass when they are asked u to.... not allowed to reveal it to them....

yhs123321

Reaction score
No....licensed money lenders are not suppose to ask for ur Singpass either....licensed money lenders u need go down to their shop, face to face, key in ur Singpass when they are asked u to.... not allowed to reveal it to them....
Yes , face to face key in , but if the license one is link to uml or they save the information and reveal to others we also don't know.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yah, legally, nobody is allowed to use your SingPass, except you yourself... by right lah

BaconHam

Reaction score
https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...orking-out-2600?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Looks like most of the victims here.. please help spread awareness. 🙏

Like wat my io explain, many al will say they wont get caught. Police cant do anything.

Truth is, police can. In fact, if more lenders reports police n stops payment, their biz will be disturbed.

They r just gambling, in hopes to get back profits by putting in few hundreds as stake bet.

Dont get threatened.

It has been 2 weeks for me. He came up once, msgs n msgs. Just endure n ignore.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like wat my io explain, many al will say they wont get caught. Police cant do anything.

Truth is, police can. In fact, if more lenders reports police n stops payment, their biz will be disturbed.

They r just gambling, in hopes to get back profits by putting in few hundreds as stake bet.

Dont get threatened.

It has been 2 weeks for me. He came up once, msgs n msgs. Just endure n ignore.

The real Ah Long will be hiding and won't get caught.
Only the runner is the one caught in the newspaper.

MissAAA

Reaction score
Hi i have a problem with this loan sharks. One day someone just banked in a mysterious money to my acct. Then after few days messaged me saying I needed to oay the loan or defer. Me being scared as ive heard alot of about loansharks, i paid the amt. He banked in 300 clear 450. So i paid 450..

2 days after (i didnt know.. only today i checked) another 300 was banked in. Without me knowing. I dont know who banked in.. he will probably message me tomorrow.

What should i do with the money. Im afraid they have my info and all as well. As they are all linked together. I had a case last 2 years. But only this year they started again.

Shoukd i change number and close the bank acct where thwy banked in the money?

And what happens if for example i already closed my acct. Then an idiot tried to bank in using cash deposit on that acct.. what will happen to the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.