Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnersaures

Reaction score
Hi i been through all these.

Call police no use. They will just write a report and then put aside. Occasionally they will patrol your house once..... every 2-3 nights.

Install CCTV. At least you will know whats going on. But they will still splash your door and write O$P$. Worse they see u got CCTV, they target your nieghbours instead.

Dont need to pay them if they come up. Cos the more u pay the more they will ask. Owed 6 ah long, when one come up, all i stop paying.

You just got to bear with it, your house been splash, the cleaning up and if your neighbour kena, the apologising and all.

The only way to escape them is to sell your house.

Any more private questions can PM me

Bro, your AL still harassing you? How much you owe?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
All you need to do are the followings:

1. Get a cctv from sim Lim and install it soon
2. Close all your social media accounts, whichever will link to you and your family members
3. Inform NOK and office as they will call and start all the harassment
4. Change your handphone number
5. Lodge a police report for them to do patrol more regularly around your area.

Don’t feel bad about what already happened. Now you need to brace yourself for all the harassments. It may be frustrating but don’t give in. They can’t do much to you.

Hi all,been feeding these sharks for a period of time and yes I was dumb enuf to believe on a so called test payment before they can loan me a sum for monthly payment. I'm owing LML so when I got this text from this UML that claims to be licensed and even can provide me his company license number and name I stupidly trusted him. After one week I paid him the amount and he say must take a second test payment to be a regular then can apply for monthly loan. LML is also giving pressure since it's already overdue and out of stress I took the loan again. From then,many UML started to text me offering loans and this start my journey of borrowing to return one another until it became 15k from a 750 loan.

To be honest,I'm already stuck in this situation and I know if I wanna pay the upcoming UML which is this Saturday I've to take up another loan just to defer the payment. But everyday I've to worry about the defer fee cos I've got no money to clear it once and for all. Upon chancing this thread I really wanna just stop paying and change my number. But they have my IC photos and even screenshots of my CPF. I've children in my house and this made me so afraid if they really come up my house which I guess they will since amount is huge. Undergoing this mental stress and even worrying if I run what will happen. Everyday is living in hell for me. But I'm really at my wits end....

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
What I heard about BGSS, yes they might help to call the AL. But with conditions apply. You will need to attend their weekly meet-ups and also to convert to Christian. I just read someone mentioned paying $300. But not sure how true is that.

To me, the thread here is more useful and helpful. It’s free. All those handling are just third party helping you. The only one who can help is none other than yourself.

Not sure if I would call them scammers tho. I read somewhere here some ppl actually did engaged them but it’s not a free service. Mostly mentioned about some pastor(forgot his name) from Blessed Grace Social services. What I read is the pastor was able to call up the AL and negotiate some deal and then they stop harassing the debtor. Also about the Anti-LS from Facebook...I read their rates are much higher because they send “bodyguards” to jaga ur house. Although I have not enquired about them...YET. But if my AL matters escalades further I might call to ask for more details and how they can help me. No harm in just asking for more details and such.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
What I heard about BGSS, yes they might help to call the AL. But with conditions apply. You will need to attend their weekly meet-ups and also to convert to Christian. I just read someone mentioned paying $300. But not sure how true is that.

To me, the thread here is more useful and helpful. It’s free. All those handling are just third party helping you. The only one who can help is none other than yourself.

Not sure if I would call them scammers tho. I read somewhere here some ppl actually did engaged them but it’s not a free service. Mostly mentioned about some pastor(forgot his name) from Blessed Grace Social services. What I read is the pastor was able to call up the AL and negotiate some deal and then they stop harassing the debtor. Also about the Anti-LS from Facebook...I read their rates are much higher because they send “bodyguards” to jaga ur house. Although I have not enquired about them...YET. But if my AL matters escalades further I might call to ask for more details and how they can help me. No harm in just asking for more details and such.

huathuat888

Reaction score

$300 is to help with paperwork to declare bankruptcy.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Ok la guys.
Clear ur doubts.
I went to bgss to complete my drs

$300 - yes, admin fee. They go thru simple paper work. End of the day u r the one doing all the leg work n attend to all the registration.

They will not help u with uml. Even lml they will get u to endure n ignore them first. Harassment frm both are borne by u.

I went thru hell, literally begging my IO to quick get everything sorted.

Until i sent a mass msg to all lml that i am gg thru drs, and they can do they duty to serve me demand letter but i will hold my rights if they cause nuisance at my work place and home.

One or 2 didnt listen, i recorded their convo n text n lodge complain to min of money lender. Harassment stopped.

The better ones will ask u pte nego but pls dont do that. Once u do tat, io will not be able to help u.

Drs process take abt 2 or 4 mths cause u need to file bankruptcy file, then u will recd a letter of appeal for drs. Then submit proof of everything to even ur telco bills to ur friend debt, mother debt, uncle debt. (whoever u owe)

Must wait for lml to file their debt. They have to pay to file against u which some didnt because it is a hassle to them.

Then 2 appts before u r under drs. Before that, back n forth many govt offices

Repayment is really affordable.

Thereafter, lml will face io and not u. U will face the io.

Lml need to upkeep their license. So they will follow suit.

U can travel n live like a normal citizen but forget abt future loans.

BaconHam

Reaction score

Yup, i was tight up with uml and i couldnt afford to pay my drs even. I didnt even come to senses n keep paying uml. Damn stupid of me.

Drs tio revoked.

I went to call all the lml n said i wanna settle ptely. U can get all the reports frm mlcb website to know the amt owe to all of them.

And yup, i dropped uml n pay lml now. It sounds more realistic right? It will clear my credit bureau n legal debts. I should have done it long ago n set myself free.

So guys.. Pls dont pay uml anymore. Take the money n clear ur lml, clear ur credit bureau nd start afresh in years time.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Diff between drs n pte settlement

Ptely they can charge double of what u owe, repayment can stretch up to 12 or 18 mths (with the help of debt counselling)

Bgss once see more than 10k, drs is their solution. I guess because whatever installment they make, u might not be able to settle monthly cause amt is prob half or more of ur salary. Then it doesnt make sense if u default.with drs, it stretch over 5 yrs and based on what u owe only. Price for drs is credit bureau chui max even when u pay up.

My friend's case is slightly below 10k.. Bgss helped him call lml. Its been almost 2 yrs. His paid up all, even with a 2x, it didn't hurt his credit bureau, neither did he have to find 2k plus to file bankruptcy.

He endured forking out half or more of his salary at first then slowly it reduced.

Go church yes, u will see many people sharing their stories n u will realize u r not alone.
Convert... Hmm.. No force one. He gradually didnt attend coz its too far for him.

Benefit of doubt, they r really too bz to be more attentive to u.

Jus be responsible to keep to ur repayments.

My thoughts:
Try go for private installments via bgss. Although more costly, but endure a bit. U keep ur credit bureau healthy.

Drs really not fun at all. Recommended for people with a huge huge amt of debt. Then worth the effort.

What i should have done was to throw away uml n focus to clear drs. I thought i can clear uml ma.. Rubbish, they wont let u go.. The ball so big..

But if i had a choice, i will just x2 the debt n clear lor.. If i did, now i settle liao..hai

Bottom line: cannot clear uml finish de la. Ping pong ball roll until basketball.
I see the money i paid over past yr.. Totally wake up already

Hope this helped our bro n sis to make a decision.

Dont pm me.. I cant decide for any of u. Dont ask me further, i can only share until like this. Anything jus call bgss

Bgss did changed my friend life.

I wish i learnt more to plead them to arrange pte settlement for me instead.. Not their fault, they did suggest whats best for me at that point. Im still thankful i had their support last time.

CloudClau

Reaction score
I thought I told you that time when got splashed. Don’t waste time already. But again, it’s up to you. Town council might take some time as well.

Yes aldy install at my door , town council say so long is within the door frame dun need permit .

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
The Anti Lonsharks group on Facebook more like a scam. Be it they caught runner before or not, seriously not all AL will send runner. And is there any point in paying $250/AL to this useless group?

Rather you all save the money and start a proper saving.

They will ask you for $250 for 1 AL u ask them to handle , i contacted them too

Ray1969

Reaction score

To clarify your points: Same like most social service group, BGSS don't negotiate with ULM, they only negotiate with LML.Their support group and counsellors will help victims of UML to deal with UML and also family issues due to this.
They do not charge you anything, i.e. it is a free service as they are social service status supported by MINISTRY OF SOCIAL SERVICE.
Yes, BGSS will request victim to attend their social service gathering where victims meet ex-victims and listen to live testimonial on overcoming UML and debts issues. Whenever the UML strikes, the support group will be there to help victims through this.

rigrig

Reaction score
many people have the same fear as what i have last time. "I've children in my house and this made me so afraid if they really come up my house" i used to think of that too. but now after all the **** i gone thru think back to get runner to so call kidnap children or cause harm to children is totally different game than splash paint on door or lock house. how much the AL willing to pay those runner do such things our children. in malaysia i can say maybe have lucky we are in sg chances is almost 0. i understand now is the worse time of your life but we have to brace up not think of stuff and make our self scared.

Hi all,been feeding these sharks for a period of time and yes I was dumb enuf to believe on a so called test payment before they can loan me a sum for monthly payment. I'm owing LML so when I got this text from this UML that claims to be licensed and even can provide me his company license number and name I stupidly trusted him. After one week I paid him the amount and he say must take a second test payment to be a regular then can apply for monthly loan. LML is also giving pressure since it's already overdue and out of stress I took the loan again. From then,many UML started to text me offering loans and this start my journey of borrowing to return one another until it became 15k from a 750 loan.

To be honest,I'm already stuck in this situation and I know if I wanna pay the upcoming UML which is this Saturday I've to take up another loan just to defer the payment. But everyday I've to worry about the defer fee cos I've got no money to clear it once and for all. Upon chancing this thread I really wanna just stop paying and change my number. But they have my IC photos and even screenshots of my CPF. I've children in my house and this made me so afraid if they really come up my house which I guess they will since amount is huge. Undergoing this mental stress and even worrying if I run what will happen. Everyday is living in hell for me. But I'm really at my wits end....

rigrig

Reaction score
250 can eat many days in this tough times

The Anti Lonsharks group on Facebook more like a scam. Be it they caught runner before or not, seriously not all AL will send runner. And is there any point in paying $250/AL to this useless group?

Rather you all save the money and start a proper saving.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
According to one of my friend who seek help from BGSS, a particular pastor Richard attended to him. At first they helped and until Pastor Richard keep pestering him and asked him when he want to convert to Christian. When my friend said his family Buddhist, Pastor Richard called all the LML which he negotiated that deals are off and BGSS no longer assisting him. So that’s why I said if they want to help then be goodwill and no t&c apply.

To clarify your points: Same like most social service group, BGSS don't negotiate with ULM, they only negotiate with LML.Their support group and counsellors will help victims of UML to deal with UML and also family issues due to this.
They do not charge you anything, i.e. it is a free service as they are social service status supported by MINISTRY OF SOCIAL SERVICE.
Yes, BGSS will request victim to attend their social service gathering where victims meet ex-victims and listen to live testimonial on overcoming UML and debts issues. Whenever the UML strikes, the support group will be there to help victims through this.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
The Facebook Anti Loansharks group really no use one. No money no talk. That’s why no need to seek help from them. People already in financial problems. How to find $$$ to put them for assistance?

We don’t charge here. Here are all free advices.

250 can eat many days in this tough times

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
According to one of my friend who seek help from BGSS, a particular pastor Richard attended to him. At first they helped and until Pastor Richard keep pestering him and asked him when he want to convert to Christian. When my friend said his family Buddhist, Pastor Richard called all the LML which he negotiated that deals are off and BGSS no longer assisting him. So that’s why I said if they want to help then be goodwill and no t&c apply.
Knn..wah like that meh..Jesus will be disappointed with his pastor lo

Miracledoesnothappen

Reaction score
Hopefully I can make it thru.i do know it's actually our own fear stopping us from moving on but just can't help it. Anyway will they actually show up at my workplace which is retail?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
many people have the same fear as what i have last time. "I've children in my house and this made me so afraid if they really come up my house" i used to think of that too. but now after all the **** i gone thru think back to get runner to so call kidnap children or cause harm to children is totally different game than splash paint on door or lock house. how much the AL willing to pay those runner do such things our children. in malaysia i can say maybe have lucky we are in sg chances is almost 0. i understand now is the worse time of your life but we have to brace up not think of stuff and make our self scared.
Time to wake up. U can tahan every keep paying 2k deffered fee ant..

Ray1969

Reaction score
Knn..wah like that meh..Jesus will be disappointed with his pastor lo

I prefer to find out myself rather than listening to "friend here friend there". Hence i did a search on BGSS website and its church website, no pastor by the name on Richard. I called BGSS to look for Pastor Richard, there is no pastor richard. So either your friend has gone to wrong social service group or making unfounded statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.