HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #31

I applied for a bank loan, a week later a lady called to say that my loan application for 10k has been approved but she had to verify my particulars and that her finance department will call me. 2 days later a guy called me to say that he is tasked to look into my loan application and that he need to verify my particulars and being excited I gave him all the info. The next day he transferred 500 to me and say that the bank has to confirm my payment ability on defered method before they can approve my 10k loan. Since then I've paid almost 3500 and when I question him on my payment he started to get aggressive and threatened me. Only then I realized that I had inadvertently get entangled with loan shark. When I called the bank I was told that no such application was submitted. What can I do now? Getting very stressed that I could get my self in such a situation. Help please, any advice?
Old 16-08-2017, 09:37 PM   #32
Master Member

I applied for a bank loan, a week later a lady called to say that my loan application for 10k has been approved but she had to verify my particulars and that her finance department will call me. 2 days later a guy called me to say that he is tasked to look into my loan application and that he need to verify my particulars and being excited I gave him all the info. The next day he transferred 500 to me and say that the bank has to confirm my payment ability on defered method before they can approve my 10k loan. Since then I've paid almost 3500 and when I question him on my payment he started to get aggressive and threatened me. Only then I realized that I had inadvertently get entangled with loan shark. When I called the bank I was told that no such application was submitted. What can I do now? Getting very stressed that I could get my self in such a situation. Help please, any advice?

how old r u btw?
Cant belive u r so gullible
Old 17-08-2017, 02:03 AM   #33
Supremacy Member

Pls go to the police posts/station to make a report/ consult your MP to see what to do. It is their job to keep crime (loansharking, gangsterism, corrupt bankers in cahoots w loansharks)in Singapore low... Otherwise, many others will fall prey to such heinous criminality just like u.
Old 31-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #34

Hi,
Recently I also being threatened by one ah long. Similar to your case. Can I know how u settle down?

Me too... kena liao... how to stop.. I reported to police..
Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #35

Can anyone please give me advise.. this ah long transferred $300 anyhow to my bank account number the other time. But now he ask me to make payment. I did made the first two payment but the thing is I wanted to make last payment supposed to be yesterday. Normally they will just watssap me giving me account number ... but yesterday they nvr n yet they call me using private number . I picked up n they give me the account number. But the thing is they nvr reply. At last they replied after 7 pm n told me that I defaulted the payment.n asked me to make payment once again. Should I make the payment. If I did not make payment... will they come n look for me n my friends?... hope someone can reply
Old 09-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #36

Can anyone please give me advise.. this ah long transferred $300 anyhow to my bank account number the other time. But now he ask me to make payment. I did made the first two payment but the thing is I wanted to make last payment supposed to be yesterday. Normally they will just watssap me giving me account number ... but yesterday they nvr n yet they call me using private number . I picked up n they give me the account number. But the thing is they nvr reply. At last they replied after 7 pm n told me that I defaulted the payment.n asked me to make payment once again. Should I make the payment. If I did not make payment... will they come n look for me n my friends?... hope someone can reply

Dun worried bro.. for juz 300 they will not disturb u de la.. plus u got make payment already...they ask ppl come ur house 1 trip 200.. like that got worth it meh.. dun worried bro
swagboy89 likes this.
Old 29-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #37

Exclamation Loanshark Harrasment

Hi All,

Recently i made a huge mistake of sending my details to a loanshark thinking they are licensed moneylenders, turned out they werent. I had to pay $00 in total when they transfer me $400, repor to the police, they seized the money yet SPF is useless because they are just maybe dumb, but I understood I made a mistake, the loanshark guys were nice tho BUT this happens.
I am working overseas now, so he keeps texting me to support him but I ignored and said I dont need it tho I do need money, once bitten twice shy, and then he just texted me out of the blue, he transferred an amount of $300 to my account and ask em pay $400, boy i was so mad and sent him multiple vulga messages, so i realized he was nice, I decided to pay $400, and will close my bank account, and all that, What do u guys think? I know they are just behind the screens, but I am just afraid they will do something to my house. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 29-11-2017, 02:59 PM   #38

Hey, U alr paid them, they just wanted more money, dont care, make a police report, close your acocunt number and get a new one
Old 29-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #39

mine total must pay $40,sodont pay ah. hahah
Old 29-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #40

Dun worried bro.. for juz 300 they will not disturb u de la.. plus u got make payment already...they ask ppl come ur house 1 trip 200.. like that got worth it meh.. dun worried bro
chill, ntg happen
Old 30-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #41

hello anyone can help i trying clear loan. 1 loan saying borrow 500 and clear 700.i clear the amount in the end say need to clear the 500.what to do like this never finish pay.
Old 30-12-2017, 02:19 AM   #42

hello anyone can help i trying clear loan. 1 loan saying borrow 500 and clear 700.i clear the amount in the end say need to clear the 500.what to do like this never finish pay.
tml double up and going to come disturb me. anyone pls advise
Old 30-12-2017, 03:22 AM   #43

Change number, close bank account. They only have guts to threaten you on phone. They wont dare to show face. Make police report ask them install camera at your front gate

See who so stupid pour paint and kena caned + jail.

These people sound damn big shot on phone. But have you seen them? What makes you think they are not shorter + smaller than u? Or maybe just some 14 year old sec sch dropout. Why so scared?

tml double up and going to come disturb me. anyone pls advise
Old 30-12-2017, 03:31 AM   #44

Change number, close bank account. They only have guts to threaten you on phone. They wont dare to show face. Make police report ask them install camera at your front gate

See who so stupid pour paint and kena caned + jail.

These people sound damn big shot on phone. But have you seen them? What makes you think they are not shorter + smaller than u? Or maybe just some 14 year old sec sch dropout. Why so scared?
Saying going to disturb my place and neighbors.

Last edited by wrx666; 30-12-2017 at 04:17 AM..
Old 08-02-2018, 01:50 AM   #45

Hi All,

Recently i made a huge mistake of sending my details to a loanshark thinking they are licensed moneylenders, turned out they werent. I had to pay $00 in total when they transfer me $400, repor to the police, they seized the money yet SPF is useless because they are just maybe dumb, but I understood I made a mistake, the loanshark guys were nice tho BUT this happens.
I am working overseas now, so he keeps texting me to support him but I ignored and said I dont need it tho I do need money, once bitten twice shy, and then he just texted me out of the blue, he transferred an amount of $300 to my account and ask em pay $400, boy i was so mad and sent him multiple vulga messages, so i realized he was nice, I decided to pay $400, and will close my bank account, and all that, What do u guys think? I know they are just behind the screens, but I am just afraid they will do something to my house. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
I recently also fall into the trap. They did e same tactics. Say transfer wrongly to my bank ac and dont provide their bank ac after 2 days then ask me pay defer etc. I return the original amt to them n blocked their no.
They even call my office no. So no choice i gota ignore calls.
Would it b ok that we share their phone no.here to see if we have e same scammer?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.