Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

marypr0x

Reaction score
Hi all bro and sis,

For my case, i started borrowing from LML and ULM since 2011. side story, Not so sure whether any bro and sis ever encounter those shop houses office at 2nd storey in lavender street and during that time LML wasn't reputable so these shop houses actually posted cash loan online and walk in registration for loan applications. I remember during that time, 30 sgd to be made for registration and after paying the registration fees, they will give u a receipt and ask you to go home and wait for approval through phonecall but most likely, the application will get rejected. From that time, confirm those shop with loan is a scam. They just want to earn those 30 bucks from every application and tell u on the phone that your application is unsuccessful and no reason given.

Moving to 2012, started with LML with small amount of 500 till max of 2k and after that i owed 5 to6 LML of 8 to 9k sgd. That was the time i am very gan chong when i am earning like 2k a month but need to pay ard 2k every month for the loan repayment. Almost every day eat cup noodle during work. Luckily my aunt kind enough to help mi clear all my LML. Rhought that will be a fresh start for me.

During 2013, started to borrow from LML again to clear gamble and soccer debt. Went back to those regular LML and by that time records is good enough to borrow at least 2 to 3k from each LML. During payday, all money went back to LML and start to owe LML and i have no choice to borrow UML through SMS. I strongly believe these LML are link to UML that is why my number was leaked to those UML and always received SMS from them for loan. I have no choice so to borrow from UML and covered those LML that i borrowed. What is next? Just only the first UML that i borrow from, told mi loan is approved at 1k but he only transfer mi 700 sgd and i ask him whether got agreement or not he just told mi agreement through the phonecall during the conversation. I ask him can he SMS mi that this loan is agree to make repayment every month 200 and clear by 5 months but he say just remember to clear on yr payday every month so i thought everything is good.

7 days later, phone call from this UML and told mi that i need to make payment for my loan and i was stunned. I ask him and say thought the loan will be transferred every month on my payday and 5 x 200 sgd will clear my loan repayment. He told mi that his boss say my application got terminated and need to return 1k back to them. I told him i can't make the payment then he started to shout like a madman and ask mi IF YOU CANNOT RETURN, YOUR REPAYMENT WILL BE INCREASED 100 SGD EVERY HOUR. i am so scared and i have no choice to borrow from my dad 1k and transfer to the account that he provided.

Omw down from my hse to the ATM is around 5 mins and he is on the phone with mi... he keep shouting say if u can't trf by nx 5 mins, your payment will be from 1k to 1.1k so i faster run to the ATM and trf the 1k to him. After i trf to him, i told him i have pay up everything but he ask mi YOU THINK 1K IS ENOUGH TO SETTLE MEH? MY BOSS SAY NEED ANOTHER 500 TO FULLY SETTLE THE LOAN. I told him i only left 200 with me. He shouted again and say faster trf 200 to the same account. Of coz i did and after that i told him this should be enough to close my account right. He say NO EVERY WEEK YOU NEED TO TRF 500 SGD TO ME UNTIL MY BOSS SATISFIED. By that time, i am scare and confused. I still have my outstanding LML to made how can i trf 500 sgd every week to him???? My next move, i scolded him the F words and hung up the phone. I went to Bedok HQ and make a report of harrassment of LML. Took statement by an officer and my phone keep ranging. I ask the officer can he talk to him? The officer just say just ignore his call and dun pick up. After that an IO assigned to me and told me no to worry. Since you have already trf more than what you loaned, they won't do much things to you. This follow up call from the UML is to suck you dry as much as could. IO say will increase petrol in my living area. After i reach home, i told my parents abt the incident. Confirm kena gan by them but they are still supportive. I pick up few times of the UML call and told him not to call me anymore as i have trf more that what i have loaned. He keep saying say look at downstairs. My guys are coming to yr hse to lock your gate, splash paint and burn my door. After that i got traumatize, i never sleep for the past 3 days and open my door to see anyone during midnight. I took urgent leave for a week to guard my hse as my parents went overseas for holiday which lead to home alone. The call from UML lasted ard 1 week and my persistent not to trf him is correct. Soon later no call from this UML. I also resigned from the company because the UML called my colleagues and i am so shameful and unable to face my colleagues even though my boss say is okie since you got scammed. Since 2013 till now, i have not change my mobile and every now and then, i am still receiving SMS for loan and call from other UML but i just simply ignore. I have cleared all my LML but sometime due to urgency, i still will reloan from LML. Please don't give in to those UML as they are scammer to suck dry you.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
So bro, you already got over the harassment phrase? Now everyday the ah long asking for payment. Really is stressful.

Ignore them..last time I got 10 asking me for payment weekly..now no stress can give me hard earn money to my parents..think abt it..feed those ** loanshark or give yr parents .

Elle30

Reaction score
Ignore them..last time I got 10 asking me for payment weekly..now no stress can give me hard earn money to my parents..think abt it..feed those ** loanshark or give yr parents .

But now how was it? They dont come down to ur place anymore? And do u mind how much u owe?

Miracledoesnothappen

Reaction score

Just to update on my case. It has been 1month after stopping payments to them. First week is like hell of cos with non stop of calls to nok and workplace. They can even post on company website,friends Facebook all with my details. Needless to say,of cos I lost my job. But family very supportive and my door are left open for this whole month. Many people came knocking because they posted in dating app,ordered MacDonald and even deliveries even in wee hours. Honestly I admired their creativity lah. This 2weeks all tone down with no calls at all.
Now is the time to restart as I still have LML to settle. Lost all friends as well but then,that's not my concern anymore. Life goes on. Everybody,hang on. It will get over soon.

Fear Less

Reaction score
El , our bro here tell them to fxxk a dead horse. meaning head-on, come if they dare. not about how much owed or how many al. sorry for being blunt

Originally Posted by*Jjlin1205:

But now how was it? They dont come down to ur place anymore? And do u mind how much u owe?

Fear Less

Reaction score
bro. we here appreciate your update.

after tsunami what do we do ?
pick up whats left like those survivors

move on.

Just to update on my case. It has been 1month after stopping payments to them. First week is like hell of cos with non stop of calls to nok and workplace. They can even post on company website,friends Facebook all with my details. Needless to say,of cos I lost my job. But family very supportive and my door are left open for this whole month. Many people came knocking because they posted in dating app,ordered MacDonald and even deliveries even in wee hours. Honestly I admired their creativity lah. This 2weeks all tone down with no calls at all.
Now is the time to restart as I still have LML to settle. Lost all friends as well but then,that's not my concern anymore. Life goes on. Everybody,hang on. It will get over soon.

buzin_512

Reaction score
True bro, today 7 loan shark looking for me I just copy and paste'
To all the loan sharks, I am not able to pay anymore money. Please let your bosses know and do what is necessary. I had tried to borrow money but my family already gave up and my friends all cannot be bothered.'

All saying they will do me..fxxx my mother.. Send me video of his guy beating the house owner.

buzin_512

Reaction score
Good to hear that bro, hope I can go through this fast n quick.

notmyusualself

Reaction score
No need to scared. They are not going to show up. If they do send anybody, it is likely another victim who has become a runner. Put CCTV, capture info.

PASS all info to the police. They need ALL the clues to go after them.

Today the LS called my office. my boss just said see you in Police Station and file for report. Yesterday they contact my nok and family members. All ignore.

Now I worried tonight they come disturb my house or neighbours.

If they really come No choice, got to face them

Reaction score
Probably old video found online... try searching and u might come across the same video sent to u... just take piority steps for u and ur families safety.

True bro, today 7 loan shark looking for me I just copy and paste'
To all the loan sharks, I am not able to pay anymore money. Please let your bosses know and do what is necessary. I had tried to borrow money but my family already gave up and my friends all cannot be bothered.'

All saying they will do me..fxxx my mother.. Send me video of his guy beating the house owner.

Reaction score
If the send someone... its just another victim turned runner. Have u installed cctv?

Today the LS called my office. my boss just said see you in Police Station and file for report. Yesterday they contact my nok and family members. All ignore.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Happy to see supportive msgs..

Life's been ok for me.. Still got msgs coming in.

I borrowed frm friends to pay al last time.. Now finally repaying them back.

As im paying, i remind myself how stupid i am to dig so many holes because of al. If i hadnt borrowed to return n just let go the fear of al... I will be restarting my life now.

But friends money must return.. Its also their hard earned money..

Jus pray i faster finish paying n start afresh.

Till now, i will scare myself sometimes.. I hear a bit of noise outside i will peep out.. See suspicious pple i will call police..

Really think of moving house.. Do u guys think its a gd choice?

Reaction score
Just move house if u can.... ease ur stress abit.

Happy to see supportive msgs..

Life's been ok for me.. Still got msgs coming in.

I borrowed frm friends to pay al last time.. Now finally repaying them back.

As im paying, i remind myself how stupid i am to dig so many holes because of al. If i hadnt borrowed to return n just let go the fear of al... I will be restarting my life now.

But friends money must return.. Its also their hard earned money..

Jus pray i faster finish paying n start afresh.

Till now, i will scare myself sometimes.. I hear a bit of noise outside i will peep out.. See suspicious pple i will call police..

Really think of moving house.. Do u guys think its a gd choice?

buzin_512

Reaction score

They started to call my Nok 20 times in the middle of the night. I had took up the courage to tell my boss so now see whether he will fire me or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.