Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently in an on-going loan shark scam, please advise what should I do?
Wanted a 10k loan, 18 mths repayment was agreed. Suddenly was told he will do me 600 first but have to return 800 the next day before able to convert to the 10k loan. I felt something fishy and tried to call up the LML company he claimed to be from and was told no such person. After confirming was a scam, checked my account no money transferred in yet, I called him back to cancel. He told me need to check with his office, next thing I know 600 in my account and I knew I'm doomed. Was striked with fear and panicking, i agreed that the next day i will still pay the 800 in order to cancel the 10k loan. The next day kept chasing for account to settle until night time another guy, his so called manager called to assure that next day will provide account to fully settle. Next day, they did call but requested to transfer 150 to another account and assured that following day will provide account for full settlememt of the 650. I did it hoping that I can get it over and done with, only to realise after that, I facilitated UML activity in transferring money as the 600 deposited to me was also done in 3 small separate amounts. Today, was the day supposed to receive account for full settlement, again didn't happen and I chased, he turned nasty threatening and requested for higher amount. I know this will be never ending.
My questions in mind:
1) I want to report police but will I be charged for that transfer I did?
2) What to do with the remaining balance of 450 sitting in my account.
3) I want to ignore UML until I make police report but how to? Should I lead him along the way until I make police report?
4) After I make police report, what are the vital details to cover up? I had provided my nric, singpass (had changed password) and account number
5) what to do with my account? I can't stop the account in such short notice as I do have recurring GIRO instructions

Thanks in advance, really need help to get out of the situation.

Hi make a police report if not one report ur account to the police you should be fine.

The 450 ask the police what to do.

Chg all details including mobile number n nok number not sure if they will call your office as your amt is small

Chg bank account most impt if not they will keep transferring to your account. Install a CCTV at your gate in case they turn up to 'paint' your door.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently in an on-going loan shark scam, please advise what should I do?
Wanted a 10k loan, 18 mths repayment was agreed. Suddenly was told he will do me 600 first but have to return 800 the next day before able to convert to the 10k loan. I felt something fishy and tried to call up the LML company he claimed to be from and was told no such person. After confirming was a scam, checked my account no money transferred in yet, I called him back to cancel. He told me need to check with his office, next thing I know 600 in my account and I knew I'm doomed. Was striked with fear and panicking, i agreed that the next day i will still pay the 800 in order to cancel the 10k loan. The next day kept chasing for account to settle until night time another guy, his so called manager called to assure that next day will provide account to fully settle. Next day, they did call but requested to transfer 150 to another account and assured that following day will provide account for full settlememt of the 650. I did it hoping that I can get it over and done with, only to realise after that, I facilitated UML activity in transferring money as the 600 deposited to me was also done in 3 small separate amounts. Today, was the day supposed to receive account for full settlement, again didn't happen and I chased, he turned nasty threatening and requested for higher amount. I know this will be never ending.
My questions in mind:
3) I want to ignore UML until I make police report but how to? Should I lead him along the way until I make police report?
4) After I make police report, what are the vital details to cover up? I had provided my nric, singpass (had changed password) and account number
5) what to do with my account? I can't stop the account in such short notice as I do have recurring GIRO instructions

Read my post and take action right away.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117890726-post5944.html

PM me if you are Clueless.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My questions in mind:

Dun know how many times must this happen

Newspapers, radio and TV should promote regularly not to fall into such scamming tactics by these unethical moneylenders

kardtk

Reaction score
Reported but SPF cannot take any actions as no crime committed yet i.e. harassment or threaten. AL still stalling not settling. What to do now?

Reaction score
Reported but SPF cannot take any actions as no crime committed yet i.e. harassment or threaten. AL still stalling not settling. What to do now?

Install CCTV, brace for harassment.
Inform NOK, workplace of your scam situation.
Whatever you do, do not pay them.
Change phone number, change bank account if need be.

Fear Less

Reaction score
spf has too much work on their hands and canot jaga individual case. what to do ? nothing except wait for cctv to capture the painter. just wait till stormn over.

Originally Posted by*kardtk:

Install CCTV, brace for harassment.
Inform NOK, workplace of your scam situation.
Whatever you do, do not pay them.
Change phone number, change bank account if need be.

buzin_512

Reaction score
spf has too much work on their hands and canot jaga individual case. what to do ? nothing except wait for cctv to capture the painter. just wait till stormn over.

Originally Posted by*kardtk:
LOL now the AL put my photos all over, police group jb traffic group.. Very creative

CloudClau

Reaction score
Now send threatening message to say new year is coming sure shame your whole family.
Same they even say wan to take my son away.They will do nothing to scare you. They also say sure my whole block will know me...

Reported police, ask mp help also.

chulu2810

Reaction score
It did happen to me where they post in FB.
I set up phoney acc n challenge them report police since they post scam or other they r like money lender use shaming tactic. Let law deal with it.

They no reply.

To shame me lor.. Post all my photos in the different group chats. Say I am scammer, liar lor

Aion99

Reaction score
To shame me lor.. Post all my photos in the different group chats. Say I am scammer, liar lor

If you scare we know your photo, you can show/PM the sample of links/post of other people. I think we all interested to know how they did it on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.