Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn14

Reaction score
Yes I did give my bank account number to them.

They transfered a trial loan to me and ask me to settle a bigger amount in 5 days which I did to their account given on 5th day.

Then they keep asking for more fees and stuffs to release my loan. Which I stupidly did as well hoping to get the loan but in the end, nothing but asking for more fees.

I gave up and told them to cancel my loan .

Blocked them and ignore them. Its going to be one week since i blocked them. Just got msg asking me to get a loan.

They will never let u closed your account.

Today should be my payment date. Hopefully nothing happen.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Yours is more like a scam than a loan from loan shark . Trial loan , test repayment by giving you small sum is scam. Can be destructive.

Inform your workplace and nok. They are likely target. Just dont ignore their smses ,break contac is best defence.
Cctv is important

Yes I did give my bank account number to them.

They transfered a trial loan to me and ask me to settle a bigger amount in 5 days which I did to their account given on 5th day.

Then they keep asking for more fees and stuffs to release my loan. Which I stupidly did as well hoping to get the loan but in the end, nothing but asking for more fees.

I gave up and told them to cancel my loan .

Messup

Reaction score
Yours is more like a scam than a loan from loan shark . Trial loan , test repayment by giving you small sum is scam. Can be destructive.

Inform your workplace and nok. They are likely target. Just dont ignore their smses ,break contac is best defence.
Cctv is important

What do you mean by don’t ignore their sms and break contact is best defense?

Messup

Reaction score
Blocked them and ignore them. Its going to be one week since i blocked them. Just got msg asking me to get a loan.

I guess mine is more of a scam.

Hope all is well with you.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You close ur bank account, how are they able to transfer money to u then

I think some dun want to change or close their bank accounts cos they still want to loan money from them despite what happened

Fear Less

Reaction score
Since you know better its a scam
,its highly unlikely they will come to your workplace or home. Install approved cctv .
Its a deterent.

Our bro corrected me. Yes , you ignore their nonsense smses. Feel better whenyou dont read them. Tell your nok the same. Let the smses accumulate over time. Its will gradually be reduced.

Worry more about your workplace. This is where they wont let you off. "FIGHT YOUR FEAR" and fear not of losing job. Explain to your boss early you have been scammed by loan. Then your will believe you.

It will be over as long as you dont communicate with the scammer.

I guess mine is more of a scam.

Messup

Reaction score
Let’s hope it’s this way and let the authorities do their part.

Cos now it’s more of they have to clear me then I have to clear them.

But then again, their flipping of words is out of this world.

Since you know better its a scam
,its highly unlikely they will come to your workplace or home. Install approved cctv .
Its a deterent.

Our bro corrected me. Yes , you ignore their nonsense smses. Feel better whenyou dont read them. Tell your nok the same. Let the smses accumulate over time. Its will gradually be reduced.

Worry more about your workplace. This is where they wont let you off. "FIGHT YOUR FEAR" and fear not of losing job. Explain to your boss early you have been scammed by loan. Then your will believe you.

It will be over as long as you dont communicate with the scammer.

Reaction score
Just block them. Cut out all their crap messages. Take care.

Last advice is like what the police told me - "Do not hesitate to call 999 if you feel unsafe or encounter any suspicious people around your home or office"

Thank you for your kind words. Yes I have the exact sentiments. So far mine they only threaten via msgs no actions yet. I hope it stays that way. At least we know that no one is willing to work for them to get themself into deeper trouble.

Their msgs also getting lesser. They will only text me once or twice on my due day asking for payment. Thats it. Unlike when I am still paying them, they will msg and call non stop till I reply.
I did not install cctv though, I know will be better to have one but with my family condition I dont think we can afford one.
So I am just praying for the best and relying on the police CCTV located and the void deck and in the lifts. There are 3-4 camera in the void deck and lift landing itself.
Those who just take a step forward to stop paying them, stay strong guys. Know that you're not alone going through all this. Alot of survivors here in this thread. They have told us their story and now they are leading a more peaceful life. Dont be afraid to stand firm and f*ck them off if they ask for money. If you dont dare to f*ck them up scaring that might trigger them then block all their numbers. If not just ignore all their calls and msgs like me. Trust me you will feel a whole lot better not paying them up especially if you've already paid them more than what they 'loan' you.
Cant emphasized this enough
1. Report to the police
2. Block/ignore all forms of communications with them
3. Change number (if that makes you feel better)
4. Close your bank account (if you feel its neccessary)
5. Install CCTV (This will actually deter those runners from doing anything. Even if they did, can catch them faster)
6. Come clean to your NOK and workplace. (Dont have to tell them you took loan or anything. Just tell them you lost IC and got scammed)
7. Talk to someone close to release all the burdens and stress you are feeling. (This step help me out personally.)

You need all the emotional and moral support. Keeping it to yourself will eat you up inside. For now just stay vigilant and stay safe everyone. Pray that god will ease all your pain and proctect everyone here and you love ones.

2019 is coming. Start the new year with a positive note. It's not going to be easy at first but once you're able to mentally not let those LS get to you with their threats, you won half the war already. So keep on fighting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.